Recent comment by Callum spills the beans on Bannerlord combat in a really disheartening way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am even starting to think that this is not official Taleworlds forums anymore but a fan-made comunity hub instead due to lack of communication by the developers. They say they read every comment but even posts with 50+ replies do not have an impact on the game.

I have been reporting a bug by every means possible since the launch (high end armors are not avilable for purchase) and they still did not fix it.

In the thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...r-role-in-deciding-the-tide-of-battle.426052/ (Read this for more context)

Callum commented: "The game leans more on the action RPG side, with just elements of strategy sprinkled in here and there. The video in the OP is great, and I think that it is awesome that people are making these types of mods and that the game supports them, even at this early stage, but I think that something along those lines would be too complex to use as a player and draw the game out too much, ultimately detracting from the fast-paced action and gameplay."

There you have it folks: "Action RPG, with just elements of strategy sprinkled in here and there", focusing on "fast-paced action and gameplay", worried more complex features in combat that "would be too complex to use as a player and draw the game out too much".....wow. We didn't sign up for Call of Duty: Bannerlord. We signed up for a STRATEGY/ACTION RPG as billed on the steam store page, with Medieval Combat Simulation, not run and gun surface level combat.

Read into this comment how you like, I just thought people should be aware of this information/opinion.

I don't get it. If you Chuck Norris without army you accomplish even less than first game.
Strategy part is already very important and needs refinement. Maybe he means that it will be less deep than Hearts of Iron or Romance of three kingdoms? Yeah, I doubt anybody expects a spread gossip mechanic or an infiltrate mechanic with lords ready to switch sides in the middle of the battle.

Bannerlord is NOT a kiddy game, it has the potential to a deep strategic game. If TW aren't interested in developing a deep game, so be it, LET players do that through mods. But We need Mod TOOLS.

Last edited:
I mostly agree with your sentiment. But I can't help but point out how they billed the game on the steam store, not in a steam tag:

"Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is the eagerly awaited sequel to the acclaimed medieval combat simulator and role-playing game Mount & Blade: Warband. Set 200 years before, it expands both the detailed fighting system and the world of Calradia"

"Play the game the way you want to play it! Plot your own path to power in a dynamic sandbox adventure where no two playthroughs are the same." (HA! Yeah right, every play through is exactly the same)

Actually...what you quoted is a correct description.

1. Name is correct.
2. It was eagerly awaited.
3. It is a medieval combat simulator.
4. It is a Role Playing Game. You are playing a role.
5. It is set 200 years before M&B
6. It is expanding on the fighting system and world
7. You can play the way you want.
8. You can choose how you want to get to power.
9. Sorry to break it to you but no 2 games are the same. Similar is not the same.

I think you just prove my point from my OP. You should not be buying early access games. The final product will have far more and mods will make content for another 10 years like with the originals.

Actually...what you quoted is a correct description.

1. Name is correct.
2. It was eagerly awaited.
3. It is a medieval combat simulator.
4. It is a Role Playing Game. You are playing a role.
5. It is set 200 years before M&B
6. It is expanding on the fighting system and world
7. You can play the way you want.
8. You can choose how you want to get to power.
9. Sorry to break it to you but no 2 games are the same. Similar is not the same.

I think you just prove my point from my OP. You should not be buying early access games. The final product will have far more and mods will make content for another 10 years like with the originals.

Well, I disagree with your opinion. Thanks for commenting though.

Well, I disagree with your opinion. Thanks for commenting though.

Good to know. I cant say the same because you have not posted "an opinion" just a quip that cant even be called a complaint because there was nothing specific...hence, proved my point yet again about how you should not be buying early access games.

Good to know. I cant say the same because you have not posted "an opinion" just a quip that cant even be called a complaint because there was nothing specific...hence, proved my point yet again about how you should not be buying early access games.

Odd how a non-opinion can be evidence of anything. Perhaps your not sure how logic works. No points have been proven, you've made an opinion, great. Your whole position is nothings matter, just wait for mods to make the game good. Since that's the case, not sure why you even care?

Modding is not a viable argument here. :xf-wink:

1. Play knowing you have a brother.
2. Play ignoring the brother that you only see in the tutorial or if you view your family page.
3. Use a mod to remove him.

1,2,3 you choosing between the choices (you have a brother, you ignore him, you dont have one) is you "playing the way you want"...and...boom goes the dynamite.:lol:

Odd how a non-opinion can be evidence of anything. Perhaps your not sure how logic works.

I said I cant say the same...meaning you gave no opinion for me to just dismiss outright like you did mine. Learn2English You pulled a quote from its description, I proved it was accurate...you came back with nothing to show what I posted was wrong. so LOGIC, dictates that my points stand unrefuted by you...that, is how logic works.

Bannerlord is NOT a kiddy game, it has the potential to a deep strategic game. If TW aren't interested in developing a deep game, so be it, LET players do that through mods. But We need Mod TOOLS.

Thing is mods are fine but they arent held to a standard besides their own while a released game should be held to the standards of its genre. Now i see theres a bit of a semantical battle brewing in that this is now "just a Sprinkly Strategy game" as opposed to a full fledged one so that makes things tricky.

When all is said and done -id be happy for even a very basic but fully operational and functioning (Sprinkly) strategy game

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

This is the biggest factor in early game snow balling. Sieges aren't anywhere near realistic. Some of the sieges of Constantinople lasted 2 or 3 YEARS(not days). They still weren't successful without the advent of gunpowder.

Trying to take a well defended castle or city should take a minimum of a month, sometimes years for the better defended fiefs. I think they'll add the mechanic for city starvation during a siege(it might be in already but I haven't seen it yet). That's how the majority of sieges were resolved: starvation and capitulation.

No thank you. I don't want to have a siege take a month to a year.

Are we making this an arcade game where we can easily f1 f3 and win every battle? Players can always choose to spam all horse archers if they want to play like that and play on a lower difficulty. Why give no options at all for us players who want more realistic combat?

I find it hilarious that people are legit scared that the devs will not reply because "you're mean to them".

Is this game developed by eight-year olds? Is that why it took so long, Taleworlds abducted a bunch of newborns in 2012 and had them develop the game? Actually that would explain so, so much.

I find it hilarious that people are legit scared that the devs will not reply because "you're mean to them".

Is this game developed by eight-year olds? Is that why it took so long, Taleworlds abducted a bunch of newborns in 2012 and had them develop the game? Actually that would explain so, so much.

I hope they develope some skill when they grow up not like the children that are in the game.

In the thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...r-role-in-deciding-the-tide-of-battle.426052/ (Read this for more context)

Callum commented: "The game leans more on the action RPG side, with just elements of strategy sprinkled in here and there. The video in the OP is great, and I think that it is awesome that people are making these types of mods and that the game supports them, even at this early stage, but I think that something along those lines would be too complex to use as a player and draw the game out too much, ultimately detracting from the fast-paced action and gameplay."

There you have it folks: "Action RPG, with just elements of strategy sprinkled in here and there", focusing on "fast-paced action and gameplay", worried more complex features in combat that "would be too complex to use as a player and draw the game out too much".....wow. We didn't sign up for Call of Duty: Bannerlord. We signed up for a STRATEGY/ACTION RPG as billed on the steam store page, with Medieval Combat Simulation, not run and gun surface level combat.

Read into this comment how you like, I just thought people should be aware of this information/opinion.
I 100% agree with you . I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTYBANNERLORD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom