Reccomended Battle Size for my new PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Everyone.
Im new on this forum (So sorry if this is in the wrong place) but ive been playing mount and blade for over a year now, Im using a rather poor laptop at the moment, but am upgrading to a Custom Build Gaming PC in January. It will be used mainly for gaming/Recording for my Channel.

New PC will have the following specs:

Part Type                 Specs Part
CPU                         4.0GHz FX 8350 Black Edition
RAM                         8GB         8GB Corsair 1866mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)
Hard Dive                 1TB         Seagate 1TB (Hybrid 8GB SSD)
Second Hard Drive 1TB         1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Graphic's Card         3GB         AMD Radeon R9 280x 3GB
Case                                         Zalman Z11 Plus

Im just wondering what I should set the battle size to, I know that its going to be 150+ so I will have to edit the config of course.

thanks In advance. Lunatic

Depends if you are using a MOD or vanilla.

Native I can run with 1000 without any issues. Could use more but the map gets too small lol.

Some mods are heavy even on a new computer. I play COK and Brytenwalda with 500.

Thanks very much, I forgot to mention which mods I would be using, COK, Native, Warsword Conquest. So you think 500 is a good amount for these particular Mods?

Whoa, balls. I have an even better rig and I was afraid to use anything higher than 300 on Native because the battle size changer told me that it's a bad idea  :lol:

Hot damn, now I just HAVE to see how a 1000 soldier battle is going to look like! D:

Miko[PL] said:
Whoa, balls. I have an even better rig and I was afraid to use anything higher than 300 on Native because the battle size changer told me that it's a bad idea  :lol:

Hot damn, now I just HAVE to see how a 1000 soldier battle is going to look like! D:

Native is years old. So a new computer with medium specs can handle alot. 1000 is a safe number.

Mods add too much high resolution textures and as the game is not made for them it can lag with big armies. Test your rig. Push it to the limit and see what makes your game crash. Also, you can always tweak the game to make sure the armies are not too big. I dont like to have multiple phases in a battle (start over and over and over to kill 100 at time lol)

Miko[PL] said:

it says anything above native sizes are a bad idea, just push till your at the best point for what you want and your system can handle

Lunatic_in_a_Box said:
Thanks very much, I forgot to mention which mods I would be using, COK, Native, Warsword Conquest. So you think 500 is a good amount for these particular Mods?

500 should be fine on all of those, native will go even higher. Not sure how much more you can increase it for the mods though.

For example, 1257 ad used to run fine on huge battle sizes, this was way back on previous older versions. Now after a lot of updates and new additions, I can't get it past 600 or so without making it stutter like ****.

Running on 500 at the moment.

Rig for reference: i5 3570k, 280X 3gb - 8 gigs of ram.

500 still looks pretty awesome though  :smile:

3YCIX0q.jpg
4sWXK9c.jpg

Thanks Very much for all the help, I think Ill set it on 750 as a standard for both :grin: If I get battles that High I will most likely scale it down a bit!

On a side note what Setting do you think I should set it on? I was thinking MAX but without Ragdolls and Reduced Corpses, to help boast framerates! what do you guys think?

1000 would be perfectly fine for Native. The reason 500 is recommended for mods is because while Native is an old game with relatively simply textures, many mods add in high-resolution textures which make them look nicer but takes a significantly heavier toll on your system since the base game is old and wasn't designed for such graphics which is why there's such a drastic difference between the best max battle size for Native compared to mods.

Back
Top Bottom