Rebellions and independence to prevent snowballing

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played 11 hours of the new game and have discussed Bannerlord with several of my friends.

We all love the game and have massive respect for the work done by the developers, but we all have one collective major issue with the game in the long run - empire snowballing.

We have (all 3 of us) noticed in each of our games that inevitably, one empire will rise to the point of owning half of the map and become unstoppable. This happens quite quickly, and leads to a boring/oppressive game if you are on their side, and a hopeless game if you are against the snowballing faction.

I suggest that a simple new feature is added to prevent this - all lords can declare independence and form a new faction which their friends/allies can join if they have the right conditions (similar to to how they calculate defection). This internal division will make larger empires have a penalty to expanding too much, particularly into foreign territory.

I hope this suggestion is useful in some way and good job on the game - we are loving it :smile:

Yeah, I have seen several posts of this. In my game it hasn't happened yet 600 in-game days, but western empire is becoming really aggressive ate southern empire reduced northern to 2 cities and a few castles; and currently eating aserai. Khuzaites are huge and have massive 8.6k army, but after i killed their leader monchug his son is less aggressive i noticed, while better at building up armies. But growing scared of western empire, so i am trying to help battania conquer Vlandia as fast as possible. Sturgia just sits there up north chillin hasn't warred with any1 entire game its weird.

I like this idea. Maybe just call it "Realm of [Clan name]". For example if someone from house of Arromanc declares independence, it can be called Realm of Arromanc or Kingdom of Arromanc or whatever. Another suggestion, as I see minor factions wiped out, is maybe that they can build forts that function similarly to hideouts, maybe like Snake Cult Strongholds in Pendor

I have played 11 hours of the new game and have discussed Bannerlord with several of my friends.

We all love the game and have massive respect for the work done by the developers, but we all have one collective major issue with the game in the long run - empire snowballing.

We have (all 3 of us) noticed in each of our games that inevitably, one empire will rise to the point of owning half of the map and become unstoppable. This happens quite quickly, and leads to a boring/oppressive game if you are on their side, and a hopeless game if you are against the snowballing faction.

I suggest that a simple new feature is added to prevent this - all lords can declare independence and form a new faction which their friends/allies can join if they have the right conditions (similar to to how they calculate defection). This internal division will make larger empires have a penalty to expanding too much, particularly into foreign territory.

I hope this suggestion is useful in some way and good job on the game - we are loving it :smile:
I do believe rebellions are going to be implemented

I do believe rebellions are going to be implemented

That is good to hear, but I don't just mean rebellions to depose a king or revert a law, I mean rebellions to create new independent kingdoms/factions, so that there isn't an ever-decreasing number of factions in the game.

I like this idea. Maybe just call it "Realm of [Clan name]". For example if someone from house of Arromanc declares independence, it can be called Realm of Arromanc or Kingdom of Arromanc or whatever.
That is a very good suggestion for the naming of the new realm, I like that

from the steam page :

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

the question is when

I've been trying to find a blog or dev diary that states this, but I can't find anything. Do you have a link to anything that can support what you said?

I truly hope the devs are working on something.
I thinks it’s mentioned on the early access announcement thing that states whats not going to be in the game, let me see if I can find it.

also there is a video from gamescon that shows villagers sieging a castle. Tho I don’t remember what video

Back
Top Bottom