Here's the new Merit Score equation:
The Player Bonus + Capturer Bonus now equals the bonus that the faction ruler gets from the Ruler Bonus, so those will cancel each other out if the player captured the fief.
- The Clan Tier Bonus has not changed.
- The Total Clan Strength now properly subtracts out the garrison strength of the captured fief from the faction ruler's total strength, which will lower the faction ruler's bonus by a small amount.
- The No Fief Bonus has not changed and is still 30.
- The Capturer Bonus has been reduced to 30 (from 50).
- The Ruler Bonus has been reduced to 60 (from 100).
- The Poverty Bonus is now added when clans have < 30k gold. The less they have the bigger the bonus up to a maximum of 30. The exact formula to determine the bonus is [30 - (Clan Gold / 1000)], so if a clan has 20k gold they get 10 points, if a clan has 10k gold they get 20 points, etc.
- The Player Bonus is a flat 30 point bonus that only applies to the player clan.
Can there be a rework to make the capturer, clan tier and strength bonuses stronger than currently while the distance factor is somewhat weakened? Right now, players frequently encounter a situation where NOTHING they can do will get them on the ballot for a fief, even if they were the only ones who contributed anything to capturing it. It makes it feel pointless to do anything to advance in the game when you can't advance your own interests, even with 10,000 influence and the most powerful clan in existence