Really weird bug (observed in 1.0.9) - My party is being teleported across the continent to newly created armies? Might have found how to reproduce it

Users who are viewing this thread

So I've been playing as a mercenary company today. And I've noticed a weird bug. If I wait in cities for a while sometimes when i leave the city I'll be teleported to random places on the map.

I think (because I still cant reproduce this 100% the time) I've finally worked out what's going on.
  1. When you are a mercenary to a king (maybe this happens as a vassal too? havent checked)
  2. and your king/mercenary contract provider creates a new army
  3. whilst you are waiting in the city screen and you are fastforwarding for a bit
  4. then you stop waiting, and hit leave city
  5. Your party will be teleported to the location of your king's army instantly. Even if it's on the other side of the continent.
    • (It also looks really sickening to watch if you have motion blur turned on lol)
It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but its been happening pretty often. My army was just teleported from my base in Ortysia all the way over to Varnapol, thousands of miles away, when my Sturgian mercenary contract provider/king had just established a new army whilst I was waiting for my troops to heal up.

Imagine their shock of moving from the warm southern coast to being dumped in the frigid north lol.

I don't have any recording software installed otherwise I'd try and record this happening, but it's really over in just 1-2 blurry frames as the camera pans over once you hit "leave city".
so here's a witcher 3 meme:
Dramatic reenactment of my army being teleported thousands of miles away by magical Sturgian Runes:
V58b7.gif

Has anyone else been getting teleported around at all? trying to find a way to reproduce this 100% the time to make a bug report for TW

Last edited:
Update, I notice that whilst I am on the world map, when a new army is created by my king (am playing as a mercenary still, same save),
my party will immediately try and merge with it / will immediately begin pathing towards that new army. e.g:
  1. If i'm busy trying to hunt down a caravan,
  2. then a new army is created by cadog,
  3. my party will immediately reroute and try to join his new army.
  4. I have to double click somewhere else on the map to not go and join cadogs new army.
I believe these two issues (the OP and this one) are inter-linked.

I believe, the game thinks that when I am playing as a mercenary company, it treats me as an AI party, so it tries to force me to join a new army (when the AI king calls his bannermen)
  • But when I am in a city, my party technically does not "exist" on the world map, so the game can immediately teleport me to the new army when i "leave" the city.
  • And when I am on the map it automatically paths me towards the new army
I can only assume something in the mercenary code was changed to make the game think my party is an AI whenever a new AI army is established, so it steals control away from me for a second.

I have noticed this as well. It happens for me when I'm resting at a settlement and a friendly AI noble creates an army. Sometimes when I exit the settlement I teleport across the map. I also noticed that whenever an army is created my party changes direction and starts to run towards the army.

Back
Top Bottom