Realistic wounding/damage in singleplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Flame2574

Recruit
I have played the vanilla warband for years now.  I love the game!  i love the mods for the game, and I adore the sheer amount of fun you can have charging your army into battle.

Something that bothers me however, is the damage system.  Where you can put multiple swings into a mans face, and it wont put him down.  You can impale people on spears multiple times and they are still up and swinging.
Even moments were you shoot a man in the heart with a bow, and he just keeps walking.

I would very much enjoy an option that allows me to have more realistic damage in game.  Even on the most difficult settings my weakest troops might take multiple stab wounds without being taken down.

If you spear a horsemen while he charges you, i think that should be a one hit kill.  if you take a great sword to a mans face, i think that should be a one hit kill. 

Maybe it would be possible to incorporate wounding in the game.  where two handed weapons are no longer usable if the NPC is stabbed in the arm.  (or at least slow down the two handed attacks.)

It would be interesting to see if anyone could make this happen.  Its something ive looked into before, but there doesnt seem to be alot of focus on the subject.

No one can fix game mechanics, you gotta wait for Bannerlord.

However, I remember there was a mod that improved that system, most of times you could one hit an enemy if you touched the right hitbox. It was hardcore, you also were so easy to kill. It had some more features that gave you feeling of a real fight, but I don't really remember them. I'll link it to you if I find it.

CarpeDiem said:
No one can fix game mechanics, you gotta wait for Bannerlord.

However, I remember there was a mod that improved that system, most of times you could one hit an enemy if you touched the right hitbox. It was hardcore, you also were so easy to kill. It had some more features that gave you feeling of a real fight, but I don't really remember them. I'll link it to you if I find it.

Much appreciated man =).  Im just looking for a little challenge before bannerlord

lords will get their legs chopped off and people would lost their arms!
what a great idea!!! :mad: fighting with their mighty headbutt!!

winsonoob said:
lords will get their legs chopped off and people would lost their arms!
what a great idea!!! :mad: fighting with their mighty headbutt!!
url

If they can make in Diplomacy on horses, wouldn't it be possible to do the same on people? When wounded get slower, maybe also a negative impact on all weapon proficiencies...

Flame2574 said:
I have played the vanilla warband for years now.  I love the game!  i love the mods for the game, and I adore the sheer amount of fun you can have charging your army into battle.

Something that bothers me however, is the damage system.  Where you can put multiple swings into a mans face, and it wont put him down.  You can impale people on spears multiple times and they are still up and swinging.
Even moments were you shoot a man in the heart with a bow, and he just keeps walking.

I would very much enjoy an option that allows me to have more realistic damage in game.  Even on the most difficult settings my weakest troops might take multiple stab wounds without being taken down.

If you spear a horsemen while he charges you, i think that should be a one hit kill.  if you take a great sword to a mans face, i think that should be a one hit kill. 

Maybe it would be possible to incorporate wounding in the game.  where two handed weapons are no longer usable if the NPC is stabbed in the arm.  (or at least slow down the two handed attacks.)

It would be interesting to see if anyone could make this happen.  Its something ive looked into before, but there doesnt seem to be alot of focus on the subject.

Ron's great Realistic Combat Model is what you are looking for. But be warned, it makes the game much harder! No more soloing 25 looters on foot. More then two guys in your face and you are dead. It's great fun though!  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom