SP Native Realistic Weapon Collision. V1.5 Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
I have not released the source yet, I might make it a part of a bigger mod I am working on with breakable polearms / lances, polearms that only do damage if hit with the blade part etc...

Are you 100% sure this doesn't effect damage? As I swear it's taking more hits to kill enemies now than it did before.

Yes. This happens literally as the last thing in a melee callback, after the damage is calculated, blow is created and regstered.

Maybe its your pereception with no blood and not being able to spam attacks so quickly that they are unblockable?

Yes. This happens literally as the last thing in a melee callback, after the damage is calculated, blow is created and regstered.

Maybe its your pereception with no blood and not being able to spam attacks so quickly that they are unblockable?

That last sentence is accurate for sure haha, definitely perception.

Nice!

Although it seems to be an intended function of many weapons, axes for example "cleave" meaning you can pass through multiple enemies in a swipe.

This looks more realistic though (obviously).

Ideally, slashing weapons would have an animation that bends the weapon along the surface and continues through without the blade "phasing" through the opponent but that would require a pretty complex implementation of inverse kinematics, etc I would think.

Did anyone here play War of the Roses? If someone was wearing heavy plate, good luck killing them with a sword. But the flip side is if there was an eye slit in a helmet, you could thrust your axe and align the edge of your axe blade into the eye slot for big damage.

While really cool and realistic, it didn't always make for great gameplay. A lot of people like using swords, for example.

Update for 1.5.0? or you waiting until game will be more stable after refactoring, then that's understandable.

Hope you will not abandon this great mod. (y)

Update for 1.5.0? or you waiting until game will be more stable after refactoring, then that's understandable.

Hope you will not abandon this great mod. (y)

I will not be looking at updating any of the mods until the official mod tools have been released and tested for a bit by the community

But this mod (with a few additional features) will come back

UPDATE 1/7/2021
- Updates to work with Bannerlord v1.5.6
- Now using Harmony 2.0.4
- New Feature -> If the reaction is not sliced through on death, weapon will always stick into enemy body for a gritty kill effect.

What great news, we missed you. Thank you for updating this wonderful idea. :party:

--
@Welcome_To_Hell The file "RealisticWeaponCollision-983-1-11-1610067189" when decompressed has inside the content that belongs to your other mod (Mounted Slash Camera).

Last edited:
What great news, we missed you. Thank you for updating this wonderful idea. :party:

--
@Welcome_To_Hell The file "RealisticWeaponCollision-983-1-11-1610067189" when decompressed has inside the content that belongs to your other mod (Mounted Slash Camera).

Thanks!,

Another update

UPDATE v1.5
- New Feature Weapons always stick on Kill
- New Feature, Blade detection
- Works on Polearms, Two Handed Axes and Two Handed Maces
- Calculates if the weapon hits with "Shaft" part of the weapon instead of the "Blade"
- If the weapon hits with the "Shaft" part (Polearm, 2H Axe/Mace) always deals blunt damage / weapon bounces off opponent
- If the weapon hits with the "Shaft" part damage is reduced by native multiplier "SwingHitWithArmDamageMultiplier" found in managed_core_parameters.xml
- Default taleworlds value is the damage is reduced to 15% (0.15 multiplier)
- If the weapon hits with the "Blade" part of weapon, normal full damage calculation is applied
- Idea of this change is to make combat with long polearms on foot / horseback more accurate and skill based, nerf horseback swing-spam

VANILLA:
3kjnmo0.gif

MODDED:
IfH370O.gif

Thanks!,

Another update

UPDATE v1.5
- New Feature Weapons always stick on Kill
- New Feature, Blade detection
- Works on Polearms, Two Handed Axes and Two Handed Maces
- Calculates if the weapon hits with "Shaft" part of the weapon instead of the "Blade"
- If the weapon hits with the "Shaft" part (Polearm, 2H Axe/Mace) always deals blunt damage / weapon bounces off opponent
- If the weapon hits with the "Shaft" part damage is reduced by native multiplier "SwingHitWithArmDamageMultiplier" found in managed_core_parameters.xml
- Default taleworlds value is the damage is reduced to 15% (0.15 multiplier)
- If the weapon hits with the "Blade" part of weapon, normal full damage calculation is applied
- Idea of this change is to make combat with long polearms on foot / horseback more accurate and skill based, nerf horseback swing-spam

VANILLA:
3kjnmo0.gif

MODDED:
IfH370O.gif

What a nice update!

Given that you've been curious about managed core parameters, I take this opportunity to put at your entire disposal my humble tweak Feel the Hit very inspired by yours in case there was any parameter/effect that you would like to incorporate from it.

Much encouragement and once again thanks for coming back :party: .

Back
Top Bottom