SP Native Realistic Weapon Collision. V1.5 Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
This mod changes melee weapons collision reactions when striking other characters. Swords axes and polearms no longer clip through the character on hits.

The weapon clips through the character like in vanilla banner lord only if: the hit is a fatal blow, weapon doing the damage is a cutting weapon, and it hits the neck, hands or legs hitbox.

With all other hits the weapon either "Bounces" off the armor or gets "Stuck" in the body part based on:

1) Attack Damage Type (Cut, Pierce or Blunt)
2) Armor Type of the body part hit (None, Cloth, Leather, Chainmail or Plate)
3) Damage Threshold done to the agent, if the damage is above the damage limit, it glances off the armor. If its below, it gets stuck in the victims body part

Values fully configurable in the xml file "realistic_weapon_collision.xml"

Also removes the redicilous blood sprays everywhere if the armor of the hit body part is either Chainmail or Plate and the damage type is Cut or Blunt, it no longer sprays the blood but leaves bloody marks on the body part / armor.

UPDATE v1.5
- New Feature Weapons always stick on Kill
- New Feature, Blade detection
- Works on Polearms, Two Handed Axes and Two Handed Maces
- Calculates if the weapon hits with "Shaft" part of the weapon instead of the "Blade"
- If the weapon hits with the "Shaft" part (Polearm, 2H Axe/Mace) always deals blunt damage / weapon bounces off opponent
- If the weapon hits with the "Shaft" part damage is reduced by native multiplier "SwingHitWithArmDamageMultiplier" found in managed_core_parameters.xml
- Default taleworlds value is the damage is reduced to 15% (0.15 multiplier)
- If the weapon hits with the "Blade" part of weapon, normal full damage calculation is applied
- Idea of this change is to make combat with long polearms on foot / horseback more accurate and skill based, nerf horseback swing-spam

VANILLA:
3kjnmo0.gif

MODDED:
IfH370O.gif

BEFORE:
1A8GbzV.gif

AFTER:
GePiPaK.gif

BEFORE:
Ze1qNVu.gif

AFTER:
ExKrJJr.gif

BEFORE:
TTnEWO1.gif

AFTER:
dQKeg2s.gif

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/983

Last edited:
Great addition to the game!

The only question is why devs did not bother yourself with stuff like this?

Maybe it's in the pipeline, lots of stuff haven't been fully configured or perfected yet - as is obvious and expected. Hopefully they will add it however, and even more polished!

Maybe it's in the pipeline, lots of stuff haven't been fully configured or perfected yet - as is obvious and expected. Hopefully they will add it however, and even more polished!
Maybe... But it doesn't seem like it needed so much efforts to do it. So little work (comparing to the whole game) and so brilliant output for medieval combat oriented game. Quick win, but devs didn't do this. Thanks to them that they created a possibility for us, of course.

Maybe... But it doesn't seem like it needed so much efforts to do it. So little work (comparing to the whole game) and so brilliant output for medieval combat oriented game. Quick win, but devs didn't do this. Thanks to them that they created a possibility for us, of course.

That's exactly my point so to say, this is such an easy fix, this game is still in EA, I believe they have put their time and focus into more demanding issues first, than these minute details that they can fine-tune easily later on. At least I hope it's that way. Worst case scenario, as you say, we have mods :smile:

hm how does one uninstall this completely? i tried it and it and realised my character does extremely small amount o damage with this mod fer some reason, i uninstalled it in vortex and now its still in my game :S

So is your character bouncing their weapon off the same way they do when they hit a shield?
This really should be the way it is in the base game.

To the author: could you please provide an alternative link? Unless I missed something, nexusmods does not allow you to download without registering.

I'm an old netizen, and as such I much prefer not having to spread my personal info around to get a file. A torrent file would be very good, but there are many other solutions ofc.

Back
Top Bottom