SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Realistic gear for children

Users who are viewing this thread

saittam

Sergeant
Feels wrong when children comes with weapons and horses they don´t have the skill to use.
With money being so easy to come by children should arive as wanderers.

Do you mean after growing up? Because flavor text mentions that they were trained to use these things throughout their youth. Like you.

Oh huh, I never really noticed. Sounds like a bug so yeah they should def change that.
It´s the same for all nobles. Marry someone with low level and they have noble bow and best mount. Even if their skill is 0 in both.

In the early game its Free loot you are getting, it has helped me more then once when you do not have alot money. I unequip everything and you can sell a few items and keep the rest for safekeeping for when you get in money trouble. Its like a bank that you have on the side. Especially the horses are really useful cause they tend to sell for 17k. I think deleting this would only raise the difficulty level. Its nice to have this so i really dont want to see this changing. Grtz Vaan.

In the early game its Free loot you are getting, it has helped me more then once when you do not have alot money. I unequip everything and you can sell a few items and keep the rest for safekeeping for when you get in money trouble. Its like a bank that you have on the side. Especially the horses are really useful cause they tend to sell for 17k. I think deleting this would only raise the difficulty level. Its nice to have this so i really dont want to see this changing. Grtz Vaan.
They should still have the skill needed to ride the horses and use the bows they have equipped. Anyway I don't think the argument of it being "easy money" is a reason to leave it as it is, it clearly wasn't designed for that and there are a lot of ways to earn that kind of money quickly and early on.

They should still have the skill needed to ride the horses and use the bows they have equipped. Anyway I don't think the argument of it being "easy money" is a reason to leave it as it is, it clearly wasn't designed for that and there are a lot of ways to earn that kind of money quickly and early on.
Maybe the children got the gear from their parents as a gift for aging and it is normal they do not have the necessary experience cause they have just got 18 years old. I do understand what you are saying but if everything was too realistic it would be no more fun, this isnt a simulator. I mean people have all kind of suggestions but i think alot of the changes they made in 1.2 update trying to make the game better only got it more difficult to play the game. Sometimes i think its better to have fun over realism. Grtz Vaan.

Maybe the children got the gear from their parents as a gift for aging and it is normal they do not have the necessary experience cause they have just got 18 years old. I do understand what you are saying but if everything was too realistic it would be no more fun, this isnt a simulator. I mean people have all kind of suggestions but i think alot of the changes they made in 1.2 update trying to make the game better only got it more difficult to play the game. Sometimes i think its better to have fun over realism. Grtz Vaan.
Just because someone gifts me a well made longbow doesn't mean I won't shoot a hole through my foot if I tried to use it. Giving them only the equipment they have the skill for doesn't change what you want regardless, nobles usually have more valuable armor which doesn't require any skill to wear.

Again, there are plenty of ways to earn money quickly and early without gaming the marriage system, namely caravans and tourneys. Children aren't even an early game thing so this doesn't apply beyond plundering your wife/husband's inventory. Not fixing a broken system because it can be exploited is not an applicable argument here.

Just because someone gifts me a well made longbow doesn't mean I won't shoot a hole through my foot if I tried to use it. Giving them only the equipment they have the skill for doesn't change what you want regardless, nobles usually have more valuable armor which doesn't require any skill to wear.

Again, there are plenty of ways to earn money quickly and early without gaming the marriage system, namely caravans and tourneys. Children aren't even an early game thing so this doesn't apply beyond plundering your wife/husband's inventory. Not fixing a broken system because it can be exploited is not an applicable argument here.
I guess you are right about this. What you are saying makes sense. I rest my case. Grtz Vaan.

Back
Top Bottom