SP Native Realistic Combat Model for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Brimstoned

Sergeant
Download http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3964

here is a link to the original mod topic for the old version

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,348.0.html

here is a description from the original author Ron Losley

___________________________________________________________________________________
From Ron:

Realistic Combat Model for Native

This is a retrofit of the "Realistic Combat Model" (originally developed for Onin-no-Ran) to M&B native. This file contains the item_kinds1.txt file, and the module_items.py source code.

Although fully playable, it is intended as a source for mod developers wishing to use the model. No attempts have been made to balance prices, and the results on game balance in Native are uncertain.

There may be errors. Lacking a clear historical frame, some values have been improvised from existing prices, weights, or in-game usage. ("Scale armor" ... what kind of scales? Steel? Iron? Hardened leather? Thick? Thin? Large? Small? ... it's cheap, so assume the worst.) Typos are also a possibility.

This is not fully tested. It is intended as a programming resource and demonstration of the RCM, and is not what you would call a complete "mod".
It is provided in response to overwhelming popular demand.

Ron Losey (RCM developer)
______________________________________________________________________________________

I have meticulously ported his work to Warband using my best judgment for the items and features not present in the original game, comments and criticisms are appreciated.
Feel free to use this in mods as that is the original purpose.
Creds are nice, have fun.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
How to Install:
1. go to your Mount&Blade Warband\Modules folder a nd copy the "Native" folder and paste it right there
2. Rename that whatever you'd like (Probably RCM or Realistic Combat Model)
3. Copy the item_kinds1.txt and module.ini and paste it it the RCM folder (or whatever you named it)
4. Play!
______________________________________________________________________________________
P.S. Please move this to the caravanserai as I have released this

I will note that the spiked helmet(vaegir) gives +43 body armour.  :lol:

Also, several bows, such as the Longbow, Strongbow, Khergit bow, all have damages which are below the hunting bow's.

Just a couple bugs to note.

Rallix said:
I will note that the spiked helmet(vaegir) gives +43 body armour.  :lol:

Also, several bows, such as the Longbow, Strongbow, Khergit bow, all have damages which are below the hunting bow's.

Just a couple bugs to note.

:oops: thanks, I will fix that helmet right away and reupload.

however the bows are like that in the original (it weirded me out to) i will fix that but i will call it something slightly different as it is like my project and stuff and this is a pure port (plus the warband items).  Working title is Combat Realism for now and it will be released in playable form. *gasps* more to come...

UPDATE: Version 1.01 is out.  I fixed the Vaegir spiked helmet that was messed up - Thanks to Rallix

The old link works i just updated the file

It adjusts item stats to make for a more authentic experience. Armor helps a lot more and weapons are more deadly. Armor soak stats are also changed i think

Back
Top Bottom