Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
I think you need 70 more skill than is the difficulty of the bow to unlock "speed loading", unfortunatelly we had to disable it for the AI for now because crossbowmen AI in 1.8.0 is buggy and they become passive when they have one bolt / arrow left, we are using certain crossbow features for speed shooting so horse archers became passive after shooting their arrows just like the crossbowmen (and out other solution to the problem was sometimes causing crashes).
I see, curious that this bug happened! I did notice it because I again insisted on trying to make Serve as Soldier work and during training sections we can actually trigger a fast-forward AI take-over of our PC to, well, make it less excrutiatingly grindy (but I'd say it's a cheat considering that mod increases focus and attribute points through training - irresistible to exploit it though) and the PC would basically stop doing anything once 1 bolt was left :lol:

I'm having a blast, and since i've farmed all combat skills I've noticed that horse archery has become MUCH MUCH harder, which's a nice change of pace. If you spec on dmg you'll have a hard time hitting things, and if you don't take faster reloads you'll have to invest more brain-power into movement avoiding the vanilla's endless stream of killer shots from the PC. Cavalry chasing with horse archery also reminds me of air-combat games where we're dog-fighting xD

As for the AI they seem to have much less of a hard time with it, but at the same time their accuracy is much less deadly, makes up for their godlike auto-aim. What I don't like, though, is how far they are starting to try and hitting shots, since the drop of arrows' much more pronounced in RBM, often I'll see AI shooting those absurd 90 degrees to hit something that's not feasibly in range to actually hit, idk if that can be toned down or not, but I'd rather the AI take safer shots even on "fire at will" since ammo's so much more scarce now

The only thing I'm "on queue" to test's the projectile speed perk for thrown weapons, despite that they also feel much better for melee and mounted skirmishing, no deadly perfect precision, and depending on some perk specs it's very useful to obliterate a shield-wall formation's defensive advantage.

I've also noticed how sturgia's now a force to be reckoned with, loved it although the lack of love from TW towards them still shows for campaign only results (obviously not the job for your mod to fix).

The only thing I'm finding a bit uncanny, though, is the animation + sound effect for some of the blocking, looks a bit weird, I think it happens when we or AI blocks on the wrong direction? Not sure

As for interaction with Serve as Soldier, RBM seems to be overwriting commander commands for certain formations, as a captain but under a lord as a soldier, I couldn't get the infantry formation to obey square commands, and shieldwall commands would auto-swtich back to line if I ordered them to move. Haven't tested to see if that also happens when we are in an actual party though.

For equipment, I'm not 100% happy with lack of "lordship" exclusivity for Ultra Armor gear, these being used by troops so often makes it feel less rewarding to acquire them, blends them with much more wealthy lords (also lords don't seem to benefit from your better spreadsheet for equipment - often they use subpar stuff while fielding a full t6 squad), I'd find it more convincing if ultra armor was rare on t6 troops and non-existant on anything lower while lords carrying those often, but than again idk how that would affect your balancing.

I've also managed to narrow-down the source of multiple crashes towards Serve as Soldier, for some reason that mod's coding interactions + features exhacerbate natural Bannerlord's bugs and basically flushes a vast array of varying crashes that the game can have, ranging from Battle-field crashes to campaign map crashes which's a bit maddening, but it might help you with possible bug reports in the future. I think the first recommendation for anyone experiencing those is to try a playthrough without Serve as Soldier as the first step at all times if they use that mod.

A side-note observation is that without mods that mitigate early-game's natural handicap for the PC, playing from there towards mid-game can be a extremely irritating experience with RBM, because our ability to beat even looters or gangs in towns will be almost null. There's the Arena "farming" to mitigate that effect but that's also excrutiatingly slow and punishing due to how arena fights work (AI constantly spawning in all directions with ranged weapons ends up with up to 5 AI stacks going rage-moth mode on the PC, shooting arrows and throwables while others zerg rushing)

EDIT 9/12: I've just noticed the steep price to hire companions, why such a change considering all of them come in rags with bad skill levels?

EDIT 9/16: Okay, first run I had I was rolling with sturgians mostly, this time I decided to try a battanian and go under vlandians, and I've detected a massive broken balance from the mod. Apparently Empire's now the new "vlandia" in terms of absurdity on the balancing scale (Bucellari are extremely OP even though they were meant to be weak HA), catas became undying machines of jittering charges due to, again, what I reported the first time I tried the mod: cavalry bias due to how TW decided to handle their movement (they basically suffer 0 collision with any foot units). Than the combo they bring to the table's basically a full hoster of "unkillable" troops for every single role possible.

Here's where comes the AI issue, I'm using the full mod, and during skirmishes and small battles AI performs perfectly, but when it comes to large scale army vs army battles where AI spams t5 and t6 units like there's no tomorrow, well, no matter how good you are at the game's combat, you'll take 2 minutes to kill any unit because they have this uncanny super-power of godly reflexes and can block basically every single attack you do, feints, stuns, everything you use won't work unless you perk into a pure stun build (roguery maxed for the kick buff and intersperse between shield and 2h axe or 2h mace/hammer - swords are useless due to not being able to get multi-hits). Add to it the low dmg in general, and hell breaks loose. I've only really noticed this issue against empire, which basically translates to really poor balance. Another gripe I'm having this time's bandit AI fleeing from battles on a endless loop if you join the battle yourself (they insta flee when the battle begins - depending on spawn or if they are on horse, it's a lost cause until you auto-resolve - dumb ****). It pissed me off to unbearable lengths... There's something really wrong with how the mod plays-out under certain strains of actions/circumstances, and I'm not sure it's possible to play without going 200% meta on it, which destroys the experience for SP (sandboxes aren't meant for power-gaming, theoretically their strength lies on the player RPing something, otherwise every goal becomes pointless) idk, I love the overall feeling the mod brings to the general state of affairs, but if the AI isn't balanced properly, it's a broken piece that doesn't work if you don't bend to power-gaming and using cheap tricks/exploits/min-max.

It doesn't end there, however, because even shield destroying builds (for captain and PC) won't destroy shields under any viable time-frame. Idk if it was a lord's perk leading them or something of the sorts, but it's absurd.

Last edited:
@Philozoraptor
Thank you for updating your Mod to 1.8.0, to me this one is a must to enjoy this game.
There used to be 2 different modules in the past: the AI module and the Combat module and now it looks like it's only one download, which I assume combines both and I think having one file to deal with is better than 2.

If I wanted to change damage values to suit my play style, which file do I need to look into and is there a multiplier for the different damage types?
What I mean is that Vanilla damage values are too high and if your default values are too low for me, can I change them by modifying a multiplier for Blunt, Pierce and/or Cut damage values?

I was hoping to find the right combinations for my personal play style.

Thank you.

Edit:
I just saw this on Nexus:
If you are interested in tweaking some of the mod settings go to users/"user name"/documents/Mount and Blade II Bannerlord/configs, you will find RBM combat and AI config folders there.

So that answers my initial questions. Now I have questions about the Values themselves, for instance:
<Global>
<ArmorMultiplier>2</ArmorMultiplier>
<ArmorPenetrationMessage>0</ArmorPenetrationMessage>
<BetterArrowVisuals>1</BetterArrowVisuals>
<PassiveShoulderShields>0</PassiveShoulderShields>
<TroopOverhaulActive>1</TroopOverhaulActive>
<RealisticRangedReload>2</RealisticRangedReload>
<MaceBluntModifier>1</MaceBluntModifier>
<ArmorThresholdModifier>1</ArmorThresholdModifier>
<BluntTraumaBonus>0</BluntTraumaBonus>
</Global>

If I increase the value for <ArmorMultiplier> it means one will cause/receive lower damage during combat and vice versa, correct? Also going from 2 to 4 will it double the armor values?
What about <MaceBluntModifier>, does increasing the value increase the damage?

Last edited:
@Philozoraptor
Thank you for updating your Mod to 1.8.0, to me this one is a must to enjoy this game.
There used to be 2 different modules in the past: the AI module and the Combat module and now it looks like it's only one download, which I assume combines both and I think having one file to deal with is better than 2.

If I wanted to change damage values to suit my play style, which file do I need to look into and is there a multiplier for the different damage types?
What I mean is that Vanilla damage values are too high and if your default values are too low for me, can I change them by modifying a multiplier for Blunt, Pierce and/or Cut damage values?

I was hoping to find the right combinations for my personal play style.

Thank you.

Edit:
I just saw this on Nexus:
If you are interested in tweaking some of the mod settings go to users/"user name"/documents/Mount and Blade II Bannerlord/configs, you will find RBM combat and AI config folders there.

So that answers my initial questions. Now I have questions about the Values themselves, for instance:
<Global>
<ArmorMultiplier>2</ArmorMultiplier>
<ArmorPenetrationMessage>0</ArmorPenetrationMessage>
<BetterArrowVisuals>1</BetterArrowVisuals>
<PassiveShoulderShields>0</PassiveShoulderShields>
<TroopOverhaulActive>1</TroopOverhaulActive>
<RealisticRangedReload>2</RealisticRangedReload>
<MaceBluntModifier>1</MaceBluntModifier>
<ArmorThresholdModifier>1</ArmorThresholdModifier>
<BluntTraumaBonus>0</BluntTraumaBonus>
</Global>

If I increase the value for <ArmorMultiplier> it means one will cause/receive lower damage during combat and vice versa, correct? Also going from 2 to 4 will it double the armor values?
What about <MaceBluntModifier>, does increasing the value increase the damage?
If you want to increase damage, safest bet would be to increase blunt factors of weapons, you can do that either on inidividual level for each weapon type or play with the BluntTraumaBonus, and yes MaceBluntModifier will affect damage of maces (or at least it did in the past, we recently reworked blunt damage, so not 100% sure). Increasing the blunt trauma will increase the "guaranteed" damage that goes through armor. Armor multiplier will affect blunt trauma / guaranteed damage (higher armor multiplier = less guaranteed damage) while ArmorThresholdModifier will affect actual armor penetration (highrer threshold, harder to penetrate and vice versa).

If you want to increase damage, safest bet would be to increase blunt factors of weapons, you can do that either on inidividual level for each weapon type or play with the BluntTraumaBonus, and yes MaceBluntModifier will affect damage of maces (or at least it did in the past, we recently reworked blunt damage, so not 100% sure). Increasing the blunt trauma will increase the "guaranteed" damage that goes through armor. Armor multiplier will affect blunt trauma / guaranteed damage (higher armor multiplier = less guaranteed damage) while ArmorThresholdModifier will affect actual armor penetration (highrer threshold, harder to penetrate and vice versa).

Great, thank you for the info. That's very useful.

@Philozoraptor : for the suggestion box - I think since you've made horses so much more expensive, troop trees with horse upgrades should stick to a single horse and a single war horse - instead each step of the way for some (not all) requires a new horse which doesn't make much sense, but also can skyrocket the cost of upgrading a noble unit into hundreds of thousands - really bad for balancing.

@Philozoraptor : for the suggestion box - I think since you've made horses so much more expensive, troop trees with horse upgrades should stick to a single horse and a single war horse - instead each step of the way for some (not all) requires a new horse which doesn't make much sense, but also can skyrocket the cost of upgrading a noble unit into hundreds of thousands - really bad for balancing.
Yeah we will possibly scrap this and just recommend people the use true value (or true wage or whatever is the name of that mod) to balance the cavalry price.

Yeah we will possibly scrap this and just recommend people the use true value (or true wage or whatever is the name of that mod) to balance the cavalry price.
could work! I do however like your changes, I just think the troop tree upgrades should not require horses aside from once for the first time they receive one and a second for when they reach high tier for the War Horse upgrade.
Say Vlandian Champion requires war mount while Banner requires none - or idk, let's suppose we have a t1 with stumpter horse and for the next upgrade they require a single normal mount or if the t1 simply had no horse at all and their next up is mounted.
What's currently happening is that for many troops each level up requires a new horse, doesn't make any sense

btw - if just slightly reducing horse costs your mod actually makes the game THAT much more balanced regarding the villages that produce them - it means that horses are a very high value commodity and as such villages containing them should be exceptionally profitable - the only thing that would need change isn't what your mod touches at all but rather increasing value of certain specific goods (like silver and jewelry)

I say this because horses should be deliberately powerful considering we have perks governing the spawn rate of higher tier ones - it is indeed a type of "consumable" and as such I believe that fiefs that produce them would be high value to all - I would, however, switch Usanc catle's single village olive to horses and switch Charas' horse village to olives - basically inverting those so that both the town and it's only nearby trade bound castle have a justified scarcity of villages

talking about that just reminded me of another detail: I belive that since you made t3+ horses, maybe you should change the perk governing it to better fit said changes. I'm still curious about the "super horse harnesses" from vanilla though - I saw that you nerfed them along with some unique horses, I've always been curious as to what use those would have (said harnesses and unique horses) - The only one that was really bad in vanilla was storm charger though with NPC HP values - Also think I've noticed that you mistakenly changed one of the special horse sizes wrongfully - There's a single horse pertaining to each culture that was unique, yet I'm under the impression you changed the Aserai one (which should be a big horse) into a Khuzait horse size model and I only know that it was supposed to be Aserai because the name's the same of one of the desert cultures mentioned in the encyclopedia - now I can't remember if tiwas Khanseen or Nahasawi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom