Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades

Users who are viewing this thread

mitra76

Recruit
I saw still anyone signal this game: do you like the idea of a realtime strategic campaign M&B like linked to a TW battle style but more realistic, then this is the game. The game is located during the Baltic Crusades and you're a Komtur of Teutonic order. The campaign has also a sandbox version. Some other features of game: random map generator, fully moddable, battlefield battle type (battle with strategic location).

Here is a video, since the op was so kind enough to include any screenshots or links.

Debut Trailer

Looks fairly good, but also looks like a total war game ripoff, except without the whole kingdom managing you now only have one character.

The game is more complex and more different which it appears in this trailer (there is one official more recent which display gameplay, but I cannot post external links with my level " youtube video code -> 6Ye2IFPXum8" ) ; with the same engine the people of Unicorn did the russian trailer for " With Fire & Sword "  ( youtube video code -> A5KfV2RHUa4" )

Smite like a sledgehummer!

Archers had bows in wrong hand. <shrugs>

I predict a lot of Total War fanboys will raid the dislike button like they did with Crusader Kings 2. It seems they will criticize games for not but the fact of not being Total War.

Devercia said:
Smite like a sledgehummer!

I predict a lot of Total War fanboys will raid the dislike button like they did with Crusader Kings 2. It seems they will criticize games for not but the fact of not being Total War.
Well it does look like a cheaper version of Medieval 2 Total War.

Yes this game is very good. I suggest to give this a try if you are looking for good Medieval strategy game.
That real-time strategy map is very nice if you have got enough of turn based ones.

Expect a review on Wargamer.com soonish, one of guys of outofeight tried the game and find it very good

Anyone else getting the solicitation vibes off of the OP?

On one hand he's incredibly enthusiastic and so new that he can't even post videos, but if he is, he's so inexperienced he forgot to post information of any kind.

What information I must post if my english is so bad that no people understand me  :mrgreen:

Well, let try: I played M&B Warband especially in single for the great campaign style and the freedom of action this do; RWII strategic campaign have the same main elements: is realtime, you manage exchange of goods in every cities, you can upgrade your units, you gain ability levels, manage diplomacy, quests, garrisions of your fortresses, you must have foods for your army and also the extra load factor by horse-packs, all of this on a Baltic area map (a additional campaign is in working "Iron Kings" where the map is of full medieval Europe and you can choice the faction). Of course battles happen in TW style. The campaign start with a storyline introduction, where you young Komtur must manage some mission, and at the end you become Landmeister of Prussia unblocking the sandbox mode.

Other features of game: a random map gnerator, a dedicated server with ladder, full moddability (AI,gui,battle mechanics,map editor, etc)

Kazzan said:
Looks fairly good, but also looks like a total war game ripoff, except without the whole kingdom managing you now only have one character.
Yeah, but the AI is actually supposed to be formidable, or at least people said it was in the previous games.
Devercia said:
The left hand is the wrong hand?

Back
Top Bottom