Reading the Console Reviews coming in is simply mind boggling

Users who are viewing this thread

How surprising. You get out of the bubble of all the entitled cry babies on this forum and their is positive support and something other than negativity.

Maybe, just maybe, the game isn't the problem. Maybe it's the army of entitled candy asses on this forum that's the problem.
After spending $50, and beta testing the thing for two years, I give it a resounding "meh" as a full game. As a modding platform? It has some potential.

I understand why some people will initially love it. Other than Warband, they have nothing else to compare it to, and the game loop is rather addicting at first. But I feel bad for console players who eventually get tired of it, then realize they have absolutely no way of making the game better other than buying a PC. On the flipside, the game is simple due to being made for consoles/profit.

Either way, lets see how their space/sci-fi game goes. They've already left this one to rot.

How surprising. You get out of the bubble of all the entitled cry babies on this forum and their is positive support and something other than negativity.

Maybe, just maybe, the game isn't the problem. Maybe it's the army of entitled candy asses on this forum that's the problem.
Tough talk. Sounds like alotta Bull and a herd of Sheep

Yep. Its certainly the fault of the community of crybabies that the devs decided not to balance the game and fix the diplomatic system. It's totally not that almost all constructive criticism was ignored, built up expectations were undercut and the community was sold on the promise that it is still in EA.

But oh well. I guess if you expect a decent product for your money you are just a crybaby.

An alderman is the person governing a town and resolving disputes within. That's something you can do in Bannerlord.
You can do everything else on that list as well. Which doesn't mean each point doesn't deserve some criticism and wouldn't benefit from improvements. But saying it isn't there is just shows how irrational the feedback has become. At this point it's probably best when the forums get ignored, it's incredibly difficult to find an opinion that doesn't sound stupid.

Yep. Its certainly the fault of the community of crybabies that the devs decided not to balance the game and fix the diplomatic system. It's totally not that almost all constructive criticism was ignored, built up expectations were undercut and the community was sold on the promise that it is still in EA.

But oh well. I guess if you expect a decent product for your money you are just a crybaby.
Well it's certainly the fault of the devs that the game gets good reviews despite your frustration about it. Only after you accept the fact many people like the game you are in a position to offer meaningful criticism.

Well it's certainly the fault of the devs that the game gets good reviews despite your frustration about it. Only after you accept the fact many people like the game you are in a position to offer meaningful criticism.
How come so? And how do you think I don't accept the fact people like the game?

Have you been there during EA? Meaningful and constructive criticism was given o'plenty. Most of it went ignored. Thus most of the problems which existed since launch are still alive and well. Some of which (like balancing of weapons, armor and troops in general) would have been easy to fix, yet nothing has happened to fix the situation.

I can understand how people could look past Bannerlords objective flaws because of its novelty (espacially on consoles) but its flaws are not subjective.

"Your criticism is only valid if it aligns with what I say"

Yep, just about right for a Bannerlord fanatic. Keep on consuming, kiddo.

Everything we see is perspective. Some of you guys are playing this game since the first day of early access, two years ago. Fun, entertainment, can only last so long and after hundred hours it can ends. At the same time, console players jumped now on this train and they're really loving the journey. What i'm saying, everyone is right here. But the moment you start to feel bad, hating the game and who is having fun with it, that's the moment in which you should take a break.

It was hardly different for PC. At (early)release I was extreemly surprised at the good reviews of the game; it was definitely not justified at the time.

But hey, alot of it was probably down to "omg, it has been releashed!!!" thumps up.

Eitherway, Bannerlord is probably a great game for most. The majority of its problems only really start to show after you have played it for some time.

It was hardly different for PC. At (early)release I was extreemly surprised at the good reviews of the game; it was definitely not justified at the time.

But hey, alot of it was probably down to "omg, it has been releashed!!!" thumps up.

Eitherway, Bannerlord is probably a great game for most. The majority of its problems only really start to show after you have played it for some time.

Yes, true... but a game with no real 'end game'... is a pretty bad game. It's like a book with the last 150 pages ripped out.

Yes, true... but a game with no real 'end game'... is a pretty bad game. It's like a book with the last 150 pages ripped out.
For some. I am not overly concerned with the endgame myself. There are plenty, most even, games that I will only play up to that point where all that is left is really just grinding through it.

Everything we see is perspective. Some of you guys are playing this game since the first day of early access, two years ago. Fun, entertainment, can only last so long and after hundred hours it can ends. At the same time, console players jumped now on this train and they're really loving the journey. What i'm saying, everyone is right here. But the moment you start to feel bad, hating the game and who is having fun with it, that's the moment in which you should take a break.
They just have problems articulating their feelings. They actually love the game, otherwise they would not have waited for it for 8 years and spend every day on the forums. They even loved the early access version, otherwise they wouldn't have waited 2 more years. And they love the release version, otherwise they would've already left.
The people who 'hate' the game the most actually play it all day, they know each and every mechanic and some probably have a better understanding of the game mechanics than the actual devs. They love it so much, they know it inside and out.
They are also frustrated though because they see all the shortcomings and unfulfilled potential.

They just have problems articulating their feelings. They actually love the game, otherwise they would not have waited for it for 8 years and spend every day on the forums. They even loved the early access version, otherwise they wouldn't have waited 2 more years. And they love the release version, otherwise they would've already left.
The people who 'hate' the game the most actually play it all day, they know each and every mechanic and some probably have a better understanding of the game mechanics than the actual devs. They love it so much, they know it inside and out.
They are also frustrated though because they see all the shortcomings and unfulfilled potential.
Yes. Go on to tell other people how they feel. You know it better than they do.

For some. I am not overly concerned with the endgame myself. There are plenty, most even, games that I will only play up to that point where all that is left is really just grinding through it.

As long as there is a feeling of pacing, that things in the world are happening that are exciting, developing, scary, thrilling ...something!! But its not ok to have none of that and just say - ok fight these Lords again and again and again and again and have a great time !!

Back
Top Bottom