Reading the Console Reviews coming in is simply mind boggling

Users who are viewing this thread

Out of curiosity I thought I would peruse some of the Console reviews of the last few days.
Scores like 9 ( out of 10 - check )
Diplomacy, Relationships, Depth, Battles, Sieges, Trade, Economy, Kingdom Management, Crime, AI, etc, all gushed about.
Sounds fantastic.

I don't know about you but I'm buying my PS5 straight away to play that version of BL instead of stupid PC !
What an idiot I've been.

How can they have reviews of the game already? I can finish the game in about 19 sittings of 3 or so hours, I guess maybe somebody could play it 12 hours a day finish it by now, but I wouldn't pay any attention to anything until at least a couple more weeks.
FVdCx.png

> rather than penalise those choices, instead makes players own those decisions and provide a peerless theatre for them to thrive
>PENALISE

Oh I think you got penalised plenty while thriving in the theater mr game junro......
RSHzH.png

Are we sure these guys know the difference between 10 and a 1?
>Great game, with great updates to come
Oh really Errol1967?what updates are coming? Also nice to see you gave the same review to no man's sky twice and elite dangerous.

Last edited:
But I thought play time has nothing to do with enjoyment. People always get mad when you point out their thousands of hours clocked into Bannerlord. 🐒

Just checked and I have like 2800 hours of Bannerlord time -yet im pretty sure I only played like a 100 hours and probably somewhat enjoyed maybe 2 hours. Early on the game would continue running in my Background seemingly forever so hence the huge number. The 100 hours was alot of trying to get some 30 essentia mods to giving any game interest at all -to play nice with each other and usually resulting in a game/campaign crash. Ive never even gotten to a siege I dont think - sad. Also alot of early first bought gaming i did enjoy the new visuals and animations in combat and was sure there was a deeper game just waiting for me, I just hadnt gotten to it yet. Then I mostly realized -no ,there isnt it. I simply cant play a game in which I know there is no intrigue, interesting campaign, sandbox, plot, political whatever and especially that there is no Casus Belli for War - how can that be with all of the years of experience in these guys belts and the modding community around them?

Just cant do Random eternal grind war games -lifes too short.

Last edited:
It's the first taste of this kind of game for a vast majority of console gamers. Of course it's going to reflect like it's Jesus Christ come again. I remember that feeling myself when I started up Bannerlord. It was only after about 100 hours and eighteen million worthless updates that the joy turned to ashes in my mouth and the blinds were pulled away.

If they enjoy it, good for them. I'm not really surprised though. It's pretty common knowledge console games don't have much in terms of regards to quality (and I say that as a console gamer since the 90s, before anyone starts to lose their mind over the statement). The only time I saw them lose their **** for a bad game release was Cyberpunk 2077 and that really bad Battlefield game that died in like two weeks and everyone agreed was so bad it was embarrassing.

And damn, I want the version they are playing. It's stable on PS5 but not PC? Good diplomacy? Everything in between? What in the world are these people talking about. That's not even true about the game. lmao get back to consuming console gamers, consuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

Oh really Errol1967?what updates are coming? Also nice to see you gave the same review to no man's sky twice and elite dangerous.

Ssshh, they're legitimate and honest people.

There's nothing more insulting then being accused of enjoying something.
True. I remember getting upset when I was accused of liking a girl back in elementary school.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Almost everyone thinks the game is awesome. PC and user reviews are just as good (8-9/10). There are just a handful of angry ex boyfriends who hate it and don't get tired of telling everyone even after 2 years.
You don't need to be super intelligent to spot the obvious shortcomings but in the end it's still a very good game and a true successor to Warband. Or it's 'a slap in the face' and everyone else is just weird.

Console player here. The game is great but not there yet. Reviews are irrelevant. This game has the capability to be awesome in consoles if they add dlc and mods. They'll probably drop us console players down the road cuz corporate bs due to Sony/Microsoft. Hopefully they give us some dlc at least. It's a sad state of affairs but there it is. If they don't do anything but patches, this will be the last game I buy from TW. They lost my trust with warband. We'll see.....

Console player here. The game is great but not there yet. Reviews are irrelevant. This game has the capability to be awesome in consoles if they add dlc and mods. They'll probably drop us console players down the road cuz corporate bs due to Sony/Microsoft. Hopefully they give us some dlc at least. It's a sad state of affairs but there it is. If they don't do anything but patches, this will be the last game I buy from TW. They lost my trust with warband. We'll see.....
...You buy before WB an now BL on consoles...?

I dont have a PS5 or any console before, but PS5 players could test for now more than 2 years bannerlord? As i started EA from beginning i was glad finally new M&B in development. But clear after tenths of months ''playing'' that gaming comes into years. ''Some'' PS5 users dont play any PC games, so it is now something absolutely new for them and so surely exciting. But really i am not able to test any PS5 games, is that Bannerlord version so different comparing to PC?

I think the game is great on console but not 10/10. There's so much potential for expansion, add one and such that Taleworlds could make a fortune. Hopefully that's what they end up doing, even if they sell expanded content 😊

I think the reviews reflect an accurate review based on a fresh look at the game, not from the view of those vets who've been through the whole journey. Hopefully the journey from here isn't as bad

Almost everyone thinks the game is awesome. PC and user reviews are just as good (8-9/10). There are just a handful of angry ex boyfriends who hate it and don't get tired of telling everyone even after 2 years.
You don't need to be super intelligent to spot the obvious shortcomings but in the end it's still a very good game and a true successor to Warband. Or it's 'a slap in the face' and everyone else is just weird.
I might add that almost everyone under the age of 40 is slightly dim-witted. So, there's that.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I always enjoy the flimsy argument that because reviews are mostly positive, it must mean the game is superb. It's funny because the people who say that actually believe it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom