Read This First: Suggestion Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

I want some type of battle deployment, and easier control of troops. It's crazy trying to set up fights.

Please, maybe use the map you have, where you can set how you want the troops before the battle. Maybe waypoints as well. I find armies more frustrating than anything, as it is so time consuming to set everything up perfectly.

Personally what i find frustating is, all the battles are:

1) Engage your enemy on the map.
2) Your troops and your enemie's troops appear and charge at once, with no order issued whatsoever. (The problem is not so much YOUR troops charging at once, but the enemies, because they make no battleplan and they dont give you time to plan yours either)

I suggest you either make the enemy place their troops randomly so at least you imagine the enemy is using tactics or just try to improve the AI so they make a battleplan, at the same time you make yours...

... or something.

I have a few suggestions, some may be repeats i haven't read the whole forum but i really like the game i played one time and had to buy. So i been thinking of other cool things for the game. I am new to it and i don't make games so these are just ideas but i think they would make the game something everyone will have to play. With a little strategy added to the already great fighting i think this game would be unforgettable. :smile:

1.Storyline:
A. Any kind of storyline would help to make this
game a true hit. There seems to be no story to the game you
just go in and hack and slash. Which i love but a story would
make it a lot better. It could just be a goal to be the
greatest knight,king,lord,etc or to dominate the whole world.

B. The three choices in the beginning about what
your father is should have more effect on game.

1. Noblemans son or easy: Start in your fathers
castle with nice amount of money, 15 troops, and can buy
goods.

2.Merchant son or medium: Start in town with
some money, a lot of goods, and you can recruit troops in
town.

3.Adventure son or hard: Start out in wilderness
with no money, 5 or 10 troops, small amount of goods.

2. Quest:
A. In general there needs to be more even if there
just simple things like the king or lord of a castle giving u like
a week to find someone looting a village under there control.
To going to a certain city and getting goods or even to guard
caravans to city's.

B.Rewards could be faction, money, weapons,
and/or goods

3.Castle/City/Town
                A.Should be more strategic, meaning as in you
should have upgrades for defences and have
merchants/blacksmiths/farmers.

B.They should have residents in which come from
your renown and are used to recruit and upgrade your
castle.They would also be blacksmiths/merchants/farmers.
This would eliminate the randomness of finding soldiers if
your in a city with your faction.

C. City's and towns should be able to be captured
for your faction.

4.Blacksmith/Farmer/Merchant
A.Blacksmiths will produce weapons for your army.
Just go into city go to blacksmith and get swords for anyone
with skill it tells you to wait so long then all troops would
have swords or blunt weapons that way u can control what
your troops have.

B.Farmers would feed the people and soldiers in
your castles/city's/towns also giving u goods to trade.

C.Merchants would sell your goods and would pretty
much be a source of income.Like the tax almost.

D.Residents would be the people who live in your town
and would be your Blacksmiths/Farmers/Merchants.

Well knocaround88,

looks like .903 made your suggestions reality!  Talk about great response time (or are you psychic?).

ANY how.  As in another thread  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30114.0.html  some useful feature ideas I have seen suggested by F50 in the forums are:

1. A chest at Zendar (or maybe in your first fief?)--definitely a GREAT idea.  If I want to hold onto a decent set of armor for a NPC to use later, it would be nice to stash it away rather than carrying it (and having it slow me down).

2. Also, a key to zoom in on myself after using map scrolling or the Quest Find City button would be very useful.

3.  Some (costly) mechanism to (rapidly) raise my fief's approval (eg. feast, etc.) would be good.

4.  I think bounty hunters taking you (or maybe just you and NPCs) on in a town (eg when talking to a guild master) would be GREAT and represent what happens if you are whoopin on an enemy faction on the battlefield... they would try to take you out in a town.  Could be neat.

-ENSAIS

I love this game.  The graphics are fantastic.  The diversity of the land and population is a real wonder.  I've been playing it non-stop for three weeks and it keeps getting better.  I haven't run out of things to do and I haven't gotten bored with it either.  I've got 160 men with me, five castles, a city and nine villages.  It can only get better.  I'm on my way to wiping out the orange faction and the blue faction is next. 

The only TRUE flaw I see in the game is: Loosing the ability to fight just because you've been hit.  This flaw makes it impossible to fight more then one opponent.  It can kill you if you can't find an opening and break away.  And, that is only if you happen to be on horseback.  If you're on foot; YOU'RE DEAD. 

This needs to be fixed. 

If I was to offer a wish list it would be this:

There should be a way to station troops in villages to protect them from raids.  Perhaps, once a Watch Tower is built, it could hold a limited number of troops.
                                                                                                                      When a Manor House is built the town could hold a few more troops.

When a Lord looses a battle he should loose renown points as well.                When he has dropped to a certain level he is removed from the game and his fief
                                                                                                                      is given to another Lord.

Once a faction has lost possession of all it's castles and towns and their nobility has afterward been defeated in combat.  These Lords should be removed from the       
        game.  And, if appropriate, the faction eliminated from the game.

There should be more ways of raising a villages feelings about you besides bringing them wheat & cattle or rescuing them from a bandit raid (Which rarely happens).

A village should have more improvements available then they have now.          Perhaps a market, vineyard or orchard.  Perhaps some light industry such as a mill or
                                                                                                                      weaving shop. 

It would also be nice if my relationship with Lords could go above 99.

Here are some things that I think should be fixed/changed for the next version .956:

1)  When you talk to Ransom dealer after the first time, you shouldn't have to go through all of the dialogue to sell prisoners. 
2)  The wages of the defending armies of your castles/cities should be auto-drawn from the treasury, instead of trying to support your entire empire through your pockets.
3)  During sieges, people are spawning in the back of buildings in awkward spots.
4)  Encumbrance from having a second set of arrows/bolts slows you down a lot, even with maxed out riding
5)  Ladders could be wider, or have multiple ladders.
6)  View Skills of party members without having to talk to them
7)  Trying to disguise yourself, and escaping is super difficult to win with the slow staff provided.  Especially against the nords or any type of guards with 1 handed weapons. 

Added #7

t5chris said:
Here are some things that I think should be fixed/changed for the next version .956:

1)  When you talk to Ransom dealer after the first time, you shouldn't have to go through all of the dialogue to sell prisoners. 
2)  The wages of the defending armies of your castles/cities should be auto-drawn from the treasury, instead of trying to support your entire empire through your pockets.
3)  During sieges, people are spawning in the back of buildings in awkward spots.
4)  Encumbrance from having a second set of arrows/bolts slows you down a lot, even with maxed out riding
5)  Ladders could be wider, or have multiple ladders.
6)  View Skills of party members without having to talk to them
7)  Trying to disguise yourself, and escaping is super difficult to win with the slow staff provided.  Especially against the nords or any type of guards with 1 handed weapons. 

Added #7

1. Actually, there's more than one ransom dealer. There's like 6 of them. Dealers you've already talked to will recognize you.
2. Lords have to manage their own armies, you are also a lord, and you should have to draw from your own personal treasury, just like everyone else.
3. That needs to be fixed, it's a spawn problem. (That's a bug, you should report it with details in the bug reporting section.)
4. Wtf are you talking about? Encumbrance doesn't affect you on horse even though it should.
5. Agreed. In fact, in my opinion, the entire siege system needs a little reworking.
6. Agreed, with the increase in the number of companions, managing them without some sort of menu can be a pain.
7. Not really. It's also not slow. It's one of the fastest weapons in the game, and it soaks through armor pretty well. Just use cover, and don't forget the throwing daggers.

Yeah I agree that when sieging the ladders should be multiple and/or wider. It really bums me out I get pushed off everytime, usually I'm the last to attack the bloody castle. But my real suggestion is to scale down the size of all text messages, or give it a slider in the menu. Because I'm forced to participate in major battles only from the left towards the right because the other half of my screen is filled with messages obstructing my view of the battlefield. I run the game at 1280x1024 resolution.

Fei Dao said:
4. Wtf are you talking about? Encumbrance doesn't affect you on horse even though it should.

7. Not really. It's also not slow. It's one of the fastest weapons in the game, and it soaks through armor pretty well. Just use cover, and don't forget the throwing daggers.

#4  Maybe it's something else, but I have 8 riding and the fastest horse available, using the same equipment as my troops, except for the extra set of arrows, yet I still get outrunned by troops with lower riding and inferior horses. 

#7 Do you play it on easy with easy AI?  I find it impossible on max settings, and even moderate settings.  Two guards will basically rush you with their shields up, so you can't do anything to them,  and then they corner you, and when they get close enough, they will just start swinging non-stop.  You can parry all you want, but two one handed weapons swinging at you non-stop cannot be blocked forever and you'll never get a swing in while they're doing that. 

Two guards will basically rush you with their shields up, so you can't do anything to them

Learn to manuever. Wood staff is actually VERY broken. Full diffuculty is supposed to be diffucult lol. ATM I can bad ass a entire army faster with a wooden staff, then with a sword, at that, blunt also gets the nice seemingly 40% knockdown rate!

#4  Maybe it's something else, but I have 8 riding and the fastest horse available, using the same equipment as my troops, except for the extra set of arrows, yet I still get outrunned by troops with lower riding and inferior horses.

riding level needed for horse, and price, don't mean jack. Damn near LAME SADDLE HORSES and MULES can outspeed my armored warhorse, or can match my hunter! Also, do note, even the slightest of elevations affect horse speed

HI,
I'm new here, and new with the game, I have been playing for two days so I don't know much about it, but for what I have seen, it would have a LOT of success if the creators improve it even more... there are two games which I like the most, the series of TOTAL WAR and THE ELDER SCROLLS, and I have seen how this game convines the two so beautifully  :razz: , I love it

I have a couple of suggestions, but for now I will start with some.

- The textures and graphics:  I guess 80% of people have a good and powerful computer nowadays, I run the game with everything on MAX at 100FPS, so I guess there could be room for more well-detailed textures and so on, (btw I know that there are mods which helps with that)

- Animations: I hate to see how my spear or my shield goes through my armor or my horse for example.

- Unit's formations: ... unit's formations... lol

- Sounds: more sound and more music.

- More units: I guess you know the game 'Medieval Total War 2'... well, I guess it would be very hard for a pc to handle all that number of units with the mechanics of M&B but the higher the number of units, the better.

- More immertion (spell): This has to do with the quests, NPCs and the cities, it would be nice to see people talking, more missions INSIDE the same city/village, spying missions, assassinations, etc.

- Better interaction with your units: Like unit's formations, giving them armor, etc.

- Different cameras?: maybe hard to accomplish but I would be great.

I will think of more once I buy the game, (I need to find someone with a credit card lol)

Holla! going to make two posts here...

How about adding to the posting guidelines for this forum a poll "encouragement" (not requirement).

If you propose and idea, add a poll to gague how the community feels about it... then you can prioritize/revoke/ignore/complete suggestions based on interest/support.

sound cool?

i want red hare :grin:

GF@pcfair07_clip_image004.jpg

I am almost new to this game (bought the 0.960 ver) and completely new to this forum and i hope to not say something already abused.
What if an unmounted warrior with a polearm in both (noshield) his arms, while standing (no attack and no moving) gains the same power/damage versus a mounted one charging?
With this feature u can have the real problem to not charge a formation of lancers standings from the front side.
Thanks for your time and for this game.

Beowulfdude said:
You should put guns in the next version of M&B, cuz all the mods that do are the funnest!
Guns weren't around in 1257(or whenever the game was made).

Roberto Machiavelli said:
I am almost new to this game (bought the 0.960 ver) and completely new to this forum and i hope to not say something already abused.
What if an unmounted warrior with a polearm in both (noshield) his arms, while standing (no attack and no moving) gains the same power/damage versus a mounted one charging?
With this feature u can have the real problem to not charge a formation of lancers standings from the front side.
Thanks for your time and for this game.

Like grounding a pike? Check the King's Court, there's a thread there called "Reversed Couched Lance" or something similar, and it's about what you want.

ummm, the game is completed... there are no more planned features, except fixing bugs and such.

also, necro.

Back
Top Bottom