[Read 1st post] Viking Conquest RE: Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nimoadna said:
You are right.. i checked again after disabling compatible mode, and now the problem is, after clicking "start new game" button, it goes back to the main menu after showing some loading tips in the bottom of the screen. Then i copied the reference files:

1) Delete your rgl_config.txt file. It is located on your /Documents folder (Windows)
2) Launch game settings and put your graphics on very low (for a test). Disable stuff like sound and music. Enable single thread and in special, "Edit Mode"
3) Launch game as a administrator (to make sure you can create savegame files)
4) Try creating a new campaign
5) Copy your rgl_log.txt and post here. Don't restart the game, as it deletes the file when you do that

You could also get a savegame from another player (check the threads below for one) and see if you can load one, even if you are unable to create them

And remember this is a DLC, which means you need to buy it first (in case you are not aware), it won't work if you download it without a serial key.

Whenever I visit my refuge it displays a bunch of text that shouldn't be there. In this image it's the results of a recent battle, but sometimes it shows whatever a lord said to me earlier, or the name of a town, etc.
ikSBdgt.jpg

Hello, I have version 2.0 of VC reforged, and I have encountered a bug that seems to have been reported on the steam bug post but has not been solved, some kingdoms (including defeated ones) keep retaking whatever city/castle is taken from them, I receive a message saying for example
"Northumbria have taken up their arms and recovered Bebbanburh) it doesn't just happen one time, it's whenever they lose one of their fiefs, it's like they can't be beaten.

It's happened with Northumbria in my game who are defeated and West Seaxe who are not.
Note:My save game is from a previous version of VC, so I upgraded to reforged while Northumbria where defeated and suddenly when I upgraded they got back all their fiefs with the mentioned message but their king wasn't their so none of the lords got their fiefs back.
-
-
-
Another issue is the unpaid bug, I always have one or two rents or tarrifs of cities or castles unpaid, and it's quite annoying and it's reasonless at the momen, everything is there(rich,good relations,no bandits,not levying men too much)
-
-
-
-
One other little issue is that lords of defeated kingdoms keep crowding my city and staying in or patrolling it always. Is that normal?

charliecrush said:
Hello, I have version 2.0 of VC reforged, and I have encountered a bug that seems to have been reported on the steam bug post but has not been solved
You need to update your game, its is now at 2.023. That includes bug fixes from 2.0 and other changes.

, some kingdoms (including defeated ones) keep retaking whatever city/castle is taken from them, I receive a message saying for example
"Northumbria have taken up their arms and recovered Bebbanburh)
2 things:
1) Storyline mode has a safety mechanism. If a important faction is destroyed (which would break the story) then it will raise up again each time. That mechanism only protects a few factions, and its only for storyline.

2) Sandbox has a small chance of a destroyed faction to come back to life (rebellion system). There were changes on this system since 2.0 as well, so again, update your game. In any case, its normal (as long its rare).

Another issue is the unpaid bug
Also normal. A fief with bandits won't pay you. A raided fief won't pay you. Even a OK fief will not pay you every single week, but in this case they will pay the accumulate rent (if they skip one week, they will pay you double next time, as long they don't get attacked)

TLDR: protect your centers, or they won't pay taxes

One other little issue is that lords of defeated kingdoms keep crowding my city and staying in or patrolling it always. Is that normal?
Defeated in Warband means one thingy: you got the message that kingdom is now gone, their notes page tells you that. It does not mean you took all their centers. So a few lords may stay around and still attack their enemies until they are destroyed (or the game decides to finally destroy the faction without lands). This is another system that got some attention since 2.0 (see patch notes)

charliecrush said:
@Kalarhan

Is it possible to turn my campaign game into sandbox??

once you finish the storyline (10 to 40 hours depending on your playstyle) OR you can start a new game on sandbox (as a adventurer, a lord or a king).

kalarhan said:
charliecrush said:
@Kalarhan

once you finish the storyline (10 to 40 hours depending on your playstyle) OR you can start a new game on sandbox (as a adventurer, a lord or a king).

Well that is my current problem, this playthrough is bugged, the popular Alti's cave bug which means it'll never work for me since I had it on autosave and couldn't reload before I entered the cave, I left after beating everybody in it and Bodo didn't speak to me and there was no option to go back in.
Right now I have changed it's progress to 0 using the savegame editor. Would that work as the quest should disappear now?

charliecrush said:
kalarhan said:
charliecrush said:
@Kalarhan

Well that is my current problem, this playthrough is bugged, the popular Alti's cave bug which means it'll never work for me since I had it on autosave and couldn't reload before I entered the cave, I left after beating everybody in it and Bodo didn't speak to me and there was no option to go back in.
Right now I have changed it's progress to 0 using the savegame editor. Would that work as the quest should disappear now?

That failed. Is there anyway to end the quest using cheatmenu or warband game editor?

When I traveled on the global map, I got some errors.
Code:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 1: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 2: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 3: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 4: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 1: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 2: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 3: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 4: 
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation.

Petro Buleka said:
Code:
 At script: troop_get_player_relation. At script: troop_get_player_relation. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: 1500; LINE NO: 1: 

you need to upload your savegame (create a new thread) and include your info (game version, if you use mods/tweaks, rgl_log.txt, etc)

BUG REPORT - DUPLICATE HUSBAND

Version 2.023

Description: As I went about my business, as a female, asking every single lord if he would marry me, one of them seemed to be giving the generic "I'm interested in other maidens" response, so I stopped reading and skipped through it. As it turned out, he actually must have accepted or something, because next I knew, I had the quest to wed him. The issue came afterward. After a while, I came to realise that from NPC reports, he seemed to be in two places simultaneously. Since it didn't matter too much to me, I paid it no heed. But eventually I came across two versions of him, completely identical, standing inside a city: http://i.imgur.com/E1fiJ22.png

At some point in this game I enabled the Warband cheats in the start-up launcher -- I don't recall if it was after or before the bug. I have not tampered with my save file in any manner, and I started the save file on this computer/game and version, which I've been using since.

More details about the wedding: I'm pretty sure when we married our relationship was at like 4, and I'm not sure that's normal. We also married at a random castle, just the two of us talking, something like 6 days after getting the "Wed your Betrothed" quest. I thought in the first 30 days we could only marry during a feast?

The actual bug is the duplicate NPC. I have no idea if the strange wedding circumstances have anything to do with it.

Finally, if you need a savegame, please tell me how I can share it.

Petro Buleka said:
Code:

Tiagofvarela said:

Version 2.023

Description: As I went about my business, as a female, asking every single lord if he would marry me, one of them seemed to be giving the generic "I'm interested in other maidens" response, so I stopped reading and skipped through it. As it turned out, he actually must have accepted or something, because next I knew, I had the quest to wed him. The issue came afterward. After a while, I came to realise that from NPC reports, he seemed to be in two places simultaneously. Since it didn't matter too much to me, I paid it no heed. But eventually I came across two versions of him, completely identical, standing inside a city: http://i.imgur.com/E1fiJ22.png

At some point in this game I enabled the Warband cheats in the start-up launcher -- I don't recall if it was after or before the bug. I have not tampered with my save file in any manner, and I started the save file on this computer/game and version, which I've been using since.

More details about the wedding: I'm pretty sure when we married our relationship was at like 4, and I'm not sure that's normal. We also married at a random castle, just the two of us talking, something like 6 days after getting the "Wed your Betrothed" quest. I thought in the first 30 days we could only marry during a feast?

The actual bug is the duplicate NPC. I have no idea if the strange wedding circumstances have anything to do with it.

Hi guys, savegames are necesary. Thank you for your report.

Idibil said:
Petro Buleka said:
Code:

Tiagofvarela said:

Version 2.023

Hi guys, savegames are necesary. Thank you for your report.

As I was saying, I don't know how to go about sharing the savegame. How do I share it?

hello admins , hope you guys see this.
basically , There's a prisoner at Ard Macha I'd like to rescue for Faction Relation, only I literally looked everywhere for the prison and can't find one at Ard Macha in Aileach! No prison. Bug!!!!!!!!!!

There's a couple of prisons that are slightly hidden, accessed by trapdoors, or hidden in small caves behind the main hall building, that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom