[Read 1st post] Viking Conquest RE: Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
erennuman_mb said:
isyn28 said:
i ve debug problem. i get this error when i click characters name in quest screen.

Assertion failed!

Program:...
file:..\rgl\rglString.cpp
line:198

Expression: i<str_length

For information on how your program can cause....(bla bla bla)
briefly its telling something about visual c++ and debug app JIT

(I activated JIT enable at Visual Studio)
PS: I downloaded the game from steam
That happens if you play Turkish.

okey its fixed when i turn it English. Then couldn't I play it Turkish somehow ?

Idibil said:
Did you try to do a full reinstall of your game? If you use Steam -> delete local content (Steam UI, right click on game). Then delete the folder manually. Reinstall your game. Verify cache (Steam UI).

If you updated to w10, you could need to update your drivers too. w10 is causing problems with some games.

isyn28 said:
i ve debug problem. i get this error when i click characters name in quest screen.

Assertion failed!

Program:...
file:..\rgl\rglString.cpp
line:198

Expression: i<str_length

For information on how your program can cause....(bla bla bla)
briefly its telling something about visual c++ and debug app JIT

(I activated JIT enable at Visual Studio)
PS: I downloaded the game from steam

i reinstalled the game many times :smile: and drivers are all current version. I believe it happens because of language (Turkish) selection. Do you know any solution for that? :/

I've bought the Viking Conquest on sunday and the serial key Tale Worlds gave me isnt woking, it says "Activation denied".
Can anyone help? Please, I've tried to contact the support e-mail, but it doesn't answer. It sucks.

Ivan Carmo said:
I've bought the Viking Conquest on sunday and the serial key Tale Worlds gave me isnt woking, it says "Activation denied".
Can anyone help? Please, I've tried to contact the support e-mail, but it doesn't answer. It sucks.

Hi Iván

You need to ask to TW about your serial key, we dont have access to this.
You can do this here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,164.0.html
or
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Home/Support

Hi, this isn't that important and is, in fact, sort of amusing. When I hired a Happy Widow for my Refuge, she was barefoot with a shaved head. I tested it with all 4 of the ones I could hire and they all had the same odd bug.

I did a series of searches (bald,shaved head, etc) and saw no results so I thought I'd post it here. Cheers.

Metaldwarf said:
Hi, this isn't that important and is, in fact, sort of amusing. When I hired a Happy Widow for my Refuge, she was barefoot with a shaved head. I tested it with all 4 of the ones I could hire and they all had the same odd bug.

I did a series of searches (bald,shaved head, etc) and saw no results so I thought I'd post it here. Cheers.

Hi Metaldwarf, sorry for the late reply, I have checked it in the new beta and I found another issue but not that one. We will take a look.

Around 800 or so in-game days with VC and I encountered the first error. It was right after finishing a 'provoke war' quest as a vassal (the one where you need to raid village/attack caravan), I think talking to the king triggered it. Here's a screenshot of the logs.

hZFt7DT.png

Also, don't know it this is a bug, or just a convenient way of getting rid of quest-related locations, but the Aescesdun Battlefield location is overlapping Ulf's Farmstead, see image below. This is long after I finished the main quest, but only noticed it now.

Om2aYFq.png

I just visited the Farmstead that's a bit west of Scuin, and was told that I have 205 head of cattle grazing there...though I shouldn't have any at all. This is only day 33 of a regular sandbox campaign, and I've not done anything that should have given me cattle at this farmstead. In fact, I'm not even sure that I've visited this farmstead before now in this particular game (if I did, it would have only been once, and all I'd have done is buy a little wool).

Also, every single quest that I'm offered from a village is to retrieve a runaway slave, though I've continually turned it down and told them that "I'm no slave hunter." There has only been a single exception this game, and that was one village asking me to bring them some cattle. I started doing a little bit of experimenting, and it seems that if I accept the slave hunting mission, and bring the slave back to the village, I can actually begin to get other quests (got a few requests for cattle, as well as some for grain). Accepting the slave hunting quest and then letting the man go didn't have the same effect; after doing a Lord quest, city quest, and waiting around in a town for a month, all villages were just once again offering the same old slave hunting quest over and over.

Edit:
Had a day-1 save from my current character, and loaded it up to check the farmstead issue - "my" 205 cattle appear to be there right from the beginning. So I created a new character with the same backstory settings and checked all the different farmsteads; none of them had "my" cattle grazing the lands. I then checked ~15 different villages for quests on this second character, and all but 2 of them offered the slave hunting quest (the other 2 wanted cattle).

Szentgyörgyi said:
I don't use cheats, so you can rule that out.

Could you paste link to download your savegame?

Wheem said:
I just visited the Farmstead that's a bit west of Scuin, and was told that I have 205 head of cattle grazing there...though I shouldn't have any at all. This is only day 33 of a regular sandbox campaign, and I've not done anything that should have given me cattle at this farmstead. In fact, I'm not even sure that I've visited this farmstead before now in this particular game (if I did, it would have only been once, and all I'd have done is buy a little wool).

Also, every single quest that I'm offered from a village is to retrieve a runaway slave, though I've continually turned it down and told them that "I'm no slave hunter." There has only been a single exception this game, and that was one village asking me to bring them some cattle. I started doing a little bit of experimenting, and it seems that if I accept the slave hunting mission, and bring the slave back to the village, I can actually begin to get other quests (got a few requests for cattle, as well as some for grain). Accepting the slave hunting quest and then letting the man go didn't have the same effect; after doing a Lord quest, city quest, and waiting around in a town for a month, all villages were just once again offering the same old slave hunting quest over and over.

Edit:
Had a day-1 save from my current character, and loaded it up to check the farmstead issue - "my" 205 cattle appear to be there right from the beginning. So I created a new character with the same backstory settings and checked all the different farmsteads; none of them had "my" cattle grazing the lands. I then checked ~15 different villages for quests on this second character, and all but 2 of them offered the slave hunting quest (the other 2 wanted cattle).

Warband assign quest accord random factor and depend on relation with center. Maybe these center dont have other quest now, you could need to wait some time.

Idibil said:
Warband assign quest accord random factor and depend on relation with center. Maybe these center dont have other quest now, you could need to wait some time.
Right, but doesn't it seem odd that nearly all of the villages only offer that one quest? Especially when they start to offer different ones after I capture and return one slave somewhere (but not when I let the slave go free).

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Metaldwarf said:

Hi Metaldwarf, sorry for the late reply, I have checked it in the new beta and I found another issue but not that one. We will take a look.

Cheers.

Something new has crept up since the last patch for me:I play a pagan lord with christian companions, and until I just logged in I never got the message that "These Xtian troops may cause problems" referring to the companions. I also see that a lot of the lords are suddenly Xtian or pagan when they were the opposite before. I hate to restart my game (over 200 days) just because of these factors but I also would hate to lose those companions. Is this an actual issue or something to do with the new patch?

Hi

I've encountered a rather annoying problem as ruler of my own faction. When I initially started my kingdom I quickly got wiped out by The Kingdom of West Seaxe. After that, the one lord I had (Caio, the companion) would just be standing around in the middle of Denmark ''thinking about his next move'' as he said. At some point I decided to attack him because some of his prisoners were high level troops and from then on my own faction has been hostile towards me. Now that I've restarted my faction this becomes a big issue as i can't rest in my castles and my vassals will run away from me. When i finally catch them and say i want to make peace with myself they say i should go talk to the king (me!)
Has anyone else had this problem?

If anyone got a solution to fix this please respond

MesserHansen said:
Hi

I've encountered a rather annoying problem as ruler of my own faction. When I initially started my kingdom I quickly got wiped out by The Kingdom of West Seaxe. After that, the one lord I had (Caio, the companion) would just be standing around in the middle of Denmark ''thinking about his next move'' as he said. At some point I decided to attack him because some of his prisoners were high level troops and from then on my own faction has been hostile towards me. Now that I've restarted my faction this becomes a big issue as i can't rest in my castles and my vassals will run away from me. When i finally catch them and say i want to make peace with myself they say i should go talk to the king (me!)
Has anyone else had this problem?

If anyone got a solution to fix this please respond

Hi MesserHansen,
Could you post the savegame and your rgl_log?

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Hi MesserHansen,
Could you post the savegame and your rgl_log?

Thanks erennuman_mb

Here you are CeltiberoCaesar
http://www.filedropper.com/rgllog
http://www.filedropper.com/sg01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom