[Read 1st post] Viking Conquest RE: Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idibil said:
Urgrevling said:

1 and 2 - savegame?
4. I will move this to Yeyo, but I think that he adapted this to current letters.
Thanks! Unfortunately I didn't think about keeping a save at the time, sorry. If I start storymode again I'll make sure to keep a save from that point if the problem persists.

Here is a link to my current save in any case, maybe in-game days later:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3e3oq88qqjs24ok/sg01.sav?dl=0
But I am playing on an old version of Warband, so you might not want to waste time looking at it. Thanks, kalarhan! Edit: updating Warband did fix it!

3. Bondr is singular.
I still think I'm right about the bondar thing, allow me to be pedantic for a moment: the singular is bóndi or búandi, origianally present participle of búa, which meant to reside somewhere or run a farm. Bóndi is a weak noun in the r-declension group*. The plural form would then be either bøndr, with ø/ö because of umlaut, or búendr. Sorry, I am a linguistics nerd.

*Couldn't find a good declension table in English, here's one in Norwegian, on the second page linn bøying means "weak declension". The star means that it's influenced by umlaut to make ó become ø in plural.

kalarhan said:
Jinto777 said:
Hey Idibil!

Here is the save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn22c1xq5jfieh4/sg02.sav?dl=0

thank you for the savegame  :smile:

You are welcome  :wink:

Do you think that is possible to fix the save? Or i'll have to start a new game?

Having a bit of a "problem".

I just finished in Frisia and arrived in Danmark.  I raided the Sven's refuge and saved Bodo.  My current quest objective is to go speak to the king of Danmark before I try to talk to Sigurd.  However, for some reason, when I approach the king for the first time, he enters into later storyline dialog.  Specifically, he starts the dialog as if I've been to Ulf's farm and killed Sven's relative, and as if Egil is in my party (I don't even have Egil yet).  Any idea why this is happening?  It's a completely new game, and I even deleted all my previous VC saves from older versions.

Fewrfreyut said:
Having a bit of a "problem".

I just finished in Frisia and arrived in Danmark.  I raided the Sven's refuge and saved Bodo.  My current quest objective is to go speak to the king of Danmark before I try to talk to Sigurd.  However, for some reason, when I approach the king for the first time, he enters into later storyline dialog.  Specifically, he starts the dialog as if I've been to Ulf's farm and killed Sven's relative, and as if Egil is in my party (I don't even have Egil yet).  Any idea why this is happening?  It's a completely new game, and I even deleted all my previous VC saves from older versions.

can you post your savegame?

Every time I get attacked while in my own camp, I lose a great sum of money at the very beginning, even though my camp is fortified and there are no enemies anywhere near the entrance when the battle begins.

It happens with 3 different characters. A king, a lord and a raider. It doesn´t matter.

I don´t remember this happening with previous instances of RE, so it might have been one of the latest patches.

Articulo34 said:
Every time I get attacked while in my own camp, I lose a great sum of money at the very beginning, even though my camp is fortified and there are no enemies anywhere near the entrance when the battle begins.

It happens with 3 different characters. A king, a lord and a raider. It doesn´t matter.

I don´t remember this happening with previous instances of RE, so it might have been one of the latest patches.

thank you for the report

73SVj.jpg
Still occasionally getting that thing where lords 'siege' ports and they can never be naval-assaulted after that. I accidentally saved over the save where this had happened but I'll try and put one up next time it happens.

My dog seemed to attack me when I was breaking someone out of prison, just after I'd said "Give me the keys now!".  But then I had that old native bug where the rescued lord attacks you when you step outside, so might be linked to that.

kraggrim said:
73SVj.jpg
Still occasionally getting that thing where lords 'siege' ports and they can never be naval-assaulted after that. I accidentally saved over the save where this had happened but I'll try and put one up next time it happens.

My dog seemed to attack me when I was breaking someone out of prison, just after I'd said "Give me the keys now!".  But then I had that old native bug where the rescued lord attacks you when you step outside, so might be linked to that.

noted, thank you

I will say that it is possible to continue the story.  After I talked to the king and had the "Sigurd tried to kill me at Ulf's farm" talk, I could then approach the king and have the conversation I was supposed to have, which then led me to get Egil, and now I can talk to Sigurd.  So it just seems that some quest dialog kicks in at the wrong time.

It's a minor thing, but isn't the Jarl of Kennemer always supposed to have a bad attitude, at least when playing story mode? In the first new game that I started after RE's official release, he gave me the, "Even a commoner may make something of himself someday" dialogue when I talked to him for the first time. That seemed a bit odd to me, and didn't really fit with his story line personality, so I started a few more games; in each of those he's done the more seemingly in-character thing by saying that he usually cuts the throats of commoners that barge into his presence uninvited. I don't have a save available for the game where he was "nice," and it only happened the one time, so it may just be a fluke (unless of course his lord-personality is randomized in such a way that he's not always a jerk).

Edit:
There's some text with the Jarl of Kennemer that overflows the window (this is the dialogue that you get after killing Thiaderd, and overflows whether you agree to kill the king or not):
JarlTextOverflow_zpsu9iapzyf.jpg
After clicking to continue, the Jarl says, "Very well." Once you click past that, he asks you if there's anything else, and things continue as normal.

There's also an issue with the battle to save Doccinga from Sven:
DoccingaDefenseWaterWalking_zpshgxfqqew.jpg
I've noticed troops walking out into the water like this on several different runs through the battle. Sometimes it was more than the amount shown in the screenshot, but the number never exceeded about 7 or 8.

And out of curiosity, is Thiaderd supposed to be bare chested now?

so i was playing viking conquest RE edition

while i was about to go to bjorn for the saxon i saw this

Ncsoktt.png

the fleet was stuck and i still got the quest for this

is this a bug or something i should have finish this but its now stuck

can someone answer me and 1 more question does the scale mail u obtain from ruins changed since its now 46 instead of 55? even the nad was nerfed?

kuplas said:
Ncsoktt.png

Can you post your savegame?

can someone answer me and 1 more question does the scale mail u obtain from ruins changed since its now 46 instead of 55? even the nad was nerfed?
Items in the game were rebalanced. Nad is still the best sword, and you should visit a weaponsmith to ask him about upgrades  :wink:

kalarhan said:
kuplas said:
Ncsoktt.png

I can still continue the storyline but that part is now stuck even in my quest log its not yet finish
kalarhan said:
Items in the game were rebalanced. Nad is still the best sword, and you should visit a weaponsmith to ask him about upgrades  :wink:
oh thats why but bandit king sword is now 34 too with nad but with 16 thrust

kuplas said:
kalarhan said:
kuplas said:
Ncsoktt.png

I can still continue the storyline but that part is now stuck even in my quest log its not yet finish
Hi Kuplas,
We would still need the savegame, is much easier to find the bug this way :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom