[Read 1st post] Viking Conquest RE: Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Hi all, after long time with a little bit of confusion about where to report We have decided to close this thread and ask you to:

1- Check this before:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319760.0.html
2- Search your issue among the already reported/threads issues.
3- Read how to properly report:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320833.0.html
4-If you can't find your issue, create a new thread with a summarized tittle.

JdG4h.jpg
Guys get stuck on the steps here in in bandit kings place

4GT18.jpg
Southern Hof, after a couple of mins all the guys near the fire turn together and and start walking around, slightly jarring.

DzZkv.jpg
banner placement (I think Lenny's alrady fixed this?)

For some reason my fps goes down to 1 (literally) when units start fighting. When they're not engaging, everything's fine. It's extremely frustrating as this makes the battles unplayable for me. GTX 970 and 4670k is more than capable of running this so the issue is not on my part.

Wulfric said:
For some reason my fps goes down to 1 (literally) when units start fighting. When they're not engaging, everything's fine. It's extremely frustrating as this makes the battles unplayable for me. GTX 970 and 4670k is more than capable of running this so the issue is not on my part.

Your PC sounds good, but as you know, there are many things you need to do on a computer to setup it for games.

Start with this:
1) Create a new thread on this support subforum
2) Include your computer description (if you are playing on Windows, you can skip this)
3) Post your entire rgl_config.txt
4) Post your entire rgl_log.txt after you played that battle (remember you can't restart the game, as that erases the log)
5) Make sure you have a clean install (WB 1.168 with RE 2.0), and your drivers are update (graphics card, directx, ...)

Once you have your computer well in hand you should be fine. I test the game on a old i7 with 470GTX (battlesize 450, full graphics), I am play it on a 4th generation i5 with a 970GTX (full graphics, battlesize 750)

Hi,
I have an issue with my current story line campaign, I´m vasal of Northymbre.
When I´ve returned  from Douar an Enez quest I found out that my town Cell Rigmonaid has an other owner : Hersir Sidroc the Young, vasal of Northymbre too :/ ?!
Other fiefs still belogs to me. I tried to repeat this quest 3x : same result.
Quite dissapointing surprise cause I had a decent army garrisoned there and nice pieces of equipment stored in chest.
I still have a save before.

Hanz Ex said:
Hi,
I have an issue with my current story line campaign, I´m vasal of Northymbre.
When I´ve returned  from Douar an Enez quest I found out that my town Cell Rigmonaid has an other owner : Hersir Sidroc the Young, vasal of Northymbre too :/ ?!
Other fiefs still belogs to me.

storyline spoiler alert:
that is normal, as the quest takes many weeks (months) and once you are back (they didn't really expect you to) someone has already taken your fief from you  :smile:

"I was told it would be weeks, even months out, so good luck. Your fleet is waiting for you at the exit of the port. Take your boat and go with them."

Wulfric said:

Wulfric, is it like:

If you look at a big number of non-fighting troops it's fine.
If you look at fighting troops it's slow.
If you look away from the fighting troops it's fine.

?

kraggrim said:
Wulfric said:

Wulfric, is it like:

?

Doesn't matter where I look at, the game basically freezes when troops come together/start fighting, especially in naval battles. I'm %100 sure it's not on my part because I've never had any issues whatsoever like this with my PC before and I can run other dlcs/mods just fine.

Wulfric said:
kraggrim said:
Wulfric said:

Wulfric, is it like:

?

Doesn't matter where I look at, the game basically freezes when troops come together/start fighting, especially in naval battles. I'm %100 sure it's not on my part because I've never had any issues whatsoever like this with my PC before and I can run other dlcs/mods just fine.

In rgl_config.txt, if you enabled force_vsync, disable HDR mode (those options enabled together tend to cause performance issues).

Idibil said:
Wulfric said:
kraggrim said:
Wulfric said:

Wulfric, is it like:

?

In rgl_config.txt, if you enabled force_vsync, disable HDR mode (those options enabled together tend to cause performance issues).

Both are disabled. It seems like even when a single guy engages in combat, the game freezes every second or so which makes it look like frame to frame. In other times, everything is smooth and works flawlessly.

Edit: Loading Textures on Demand solved the issue.

First, not sure exactly where to post this but I think this is a bug/issue that makes it hard to keep vassals happy when playing on lord/royalty games.

I'm playing the reforged version and I started out a leader of a faction. After I conquered some fiefs, I can ask vassals who should receive the fief. I also can see it on the kingdom report as the current political issue: award _____ to vassal. However, after talking to my steward, wife, companions, lords, village leaders, mayors and looking at the buttons on the kingdom report, I couldn't find anywhere that would allow me to actually award the fief.

Am I just missing something or has anyone else noticed this. I'm on a new game, running the new release so if someone notices something or could point me where I can award the fief, I would be grateful.

I'm very excited about the release and VC in general and love the new features!

Am I just missing something or has anyone else noticed this. I'm on a new game, running the new release so if someone notices something or could point me where I can award the fief, I would be grateful

talk to your minister (if it's a default one, fire him and appoint either a companion or your wife).

I just married with Turid, daughter of Jarl Sidroc, the Elder but my wife spawned in the wrong castle/fief
Currently, a in only own the Dun Breathan city, but my wife is in Donne Ceaster which as my first fief, but i lost it long ago. There is any way to edit it?

Here's some feedback, most of it minor problems. The release is very enjoyable, love the new music and other improvements.

1. I keep getting spammed with this error code in battles, but I suspect that a clean install should fix that, as I had it in the last release too. So it could be my own fault.
jblEs.jpg

2. In storymode, when you're in Doccinga to interrogate the ship captain, you have to enter Doccinga and talk to the village head in order for the scene to change. It's still possible to select "talk to village head" from the menu and you can ask him to take you to the prisoner, but then nothing happens. That can be a little confusing, I thought I would get stuck there.

3. When recruiting Norse freeholders it says "bondar" in Old Norse. I could be wrong, but my Norse sense tells me the correct plural form is bøndr.
Hdt_F.png

4. This is something that's been bugging me since I first tried this expansion, in dialogue instead of the letter thorn (þ) p is used as a substitute- When the head of Doccinga is thanking the player for helping defend the village I think a b is also used for thorn (ic bance...), although that's just a hutch because I don't know anything about Old Frisian.
I think that's confusing and it would be better to use the digraph th for thorn as it's more familiar to most people. I hope I don't come across as a smart arse here, just trying to help.

Urgrevling said:
Here's some feedback, most of it minor problems. The release is very enjoyable, love the new music and other improvements.

1. I keep getting spammed with this error code in battles, but I suspect that a clean install should fix that, as I had it in the last release too. So it could be my own fault.
jblEs.jpg

2. In storymode, when you're in Doccinga to interrogate the ship captain, you have to enter Doccinga and talk to the village head in order for the scene to change. It's still possible to select "talk to village head" from the menu and you can ask him to take you to the prisoner, but then nothing happens. That can be a little confusing, I thought I would get stuck there.

3. When recruiting Norse freeholders it says "bondar" in Old Norse. I could be wrong, but my Norse sense tells me the correct plural form is bøndr.
Hdt_F.png

4. This is something that's been bugging me since I first tried this expansion, in dialogue instead of the letter thorn (þ) p is used as a substitute- When the head of Doccinga is thanking the player for helping defend the village I think a b is also used for thorn (ic bance...), although that's just a hutch because I don't know anything about Old Frisian.
I think that's confusing and it would be better to use the digraph th for thorn as it's more familiar to most people. I hope I don't come across as a smart arse here, just trying to help.

1 and 2 - savegame?
3. Bondr is singular.
4. I will move this to Yeyo, but I think that he adapted this to current letters.

Jinto777 said:
I just married with Turid, daughter of Jarl Sidroc, the Elder but my wife spawned in the wrong castle/fief
Currently, a in only own the Dun Breathan city, but my wife is in Donne Ceaster which as my first fief, but i lost it long ago. There is any way to edit it?

Savegame?

Urgrevling said:
jblEs.jpg

this error indicates you are playing with a old version of the engine. You need Warband 1.168, not just the new version of the DLC (VC RE 2.0)

Unrecognized opcode -> wrong installation of Warband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom