[Read 1st post] Viking Conquest RE: Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheem said:
Are lords from one faction supposed to be able to rest in cities belonging to other factions? I can't remember this happening before, but in the 2.005 beta (with a game started in 2.0) I saw one lord from West Seaxe, with his full army, hanging out inside Dunwic. I could find him in the Lord's Hall, and when asked what he and his men were doing, he said that he was there to court a lady.

Pretty much was there from the get go. Also if you see a lord hanging in your castle you should know what it means  :wink:

Idibil said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
hi all. I played Viking Conquest last night, and when I opened it this morning, my save games are gone. Oddly, the saves are still there in the actual save folder under Documents -> Mount and Blade Savegames -> Viking Conquest. Help? I have a hundred hours in this campaign :sad:

Do you mean that your system removed them? I guess that you checked out your paper pin. last_savegame_backup was removed too?

no the saves are still there in the right area.

Uhtred Ragnarson said:

very strange. Try this:

1) Make a backup of your saves (zip them or copy them to another folder)
2) Remove your Viking Conquest Savegames folder
3) Start game. Create a new sandbox game (quicker). Save and Exit to go back to main menu
4) Check your savegames folder, it should have a new one there for Viking Conquest
5) Copy your old saves to this new folder
6) Ingame click on "load" and they should be there

Hi. I have a problem, after a 100 day when i send my party to a city and i want to see other parts of map camera is coming back to my party within 5 sec. What's the problem? I have a 2.0 version.

The 'all modes' server is misconfigured atm. Shield bash has been left on which is not a good idea, team hurt is off, and ban polls are disabled (which is a bad idea given there are no admins).

Is it supposed to cost 1,352 peningas to promote a Pictish or Irish T3 non-spear infantryman to T4, but only 368 for the same promotion for all other factions?

Wheem said:
Is it supposed to cost 1,352 peningas to promote a Pictish or Irish T3 non-spear infantryman to T4, but only 368 for the same promotion for all other factions?

those Irish/Pic troops are level 26, so they are considered Tier 4 for upgrade cost (not tier 3). So you jumped from a tier 2 to a tier 4 on the cheap :XD

Unless devs nerf them back to level 23 (reducing HP and stats), that is the reason for the cost atm

You can compare them with other trees. Saxons are level 23 (and cheaper/weaker).

kalarhan said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:

very strange. Try this:

1) Make a backup of your saves (zip them or copy them to another folder)
2) Remove your Viking Conquest Savegames folder
3) Start game. Create a new sandbox game (quicker). Save and Exit to go back to main menu
4) Check your savegames folder, it should have a new one there for Viking Conquest
5) Copy your old saves to this new folder
6) Ingame click on "load" and they should be there

worked! Thank you so much!

kalarhan said:
Wheem said:

those Irish/Pic troops are level 26, so they are considered Tier 4 for upgrade cost (not tier 3). So you jumped from a tier 2 to a tier 4 on the cheap :XD

Unless devs nerf them back to level 23 (reducing HP and stats), that is the reason for the cost atm

You can compare them with other trees. Saxons are level 23 (and cheaper/weaker).
Edit: Your reply confused me into mentioning the wrong soldiers the first time I wrote this :razz:

The expensive upgrade is actually when promoting from T3 to T4 (Pictish Axeman -> Pictish Veteran). Going from T2 to T3 is the same as everyone else, despite the fact that the Pictish Axeman outclasses every other faction's non-spear infantry at that tier. While I think that the T4 Pictish Veterans are also a superior unit, I'm not sure that they're that superior; they're nearing quadruple the promotion price of any other faction (except for the Irish, who definitely are not worth what it costs to promote to T4 - those Champions don't really outperform the T3 Pictish Axemen in my testing).

Wheem said:
The expensive upgrade is actually when promoting from T3 to T4 (Pictish Axeman -> Pictish Veteran). Going from T2 to T3 is the same as everyone else, despite the fact that the Pictish Axeman outclasses every other faction's non-spear infantry at that tier. While I think that the T4 Pictish Veterans are also a superior unit, I'm not sure that they're that superior; they're nearing quadruple the promotion price of any other faction (except for the Irish, who definitely are not worth what it costs to promote to T4 - those Champions don't really outperform the T3 Pictish Axemen in my testing).

The position a troop has on the troop tree diagram is not the same as tier.

Tier 1: level 12
Tier 2: level <=18
Tier 3: level <=23
Tier 4: level <=26
Tier 5: level over 26, usually 29-31

So your Pic infantryman may look like a tier 3 on the graphic, but he is level 26, so he is actualy a tier 4.

In my tests, it doesn't seem like Pictish Veteran or Elite Skirmishers ever actually have crossbows. The troop tree shows them listed more often than any other ranged weapon, but thus far a sizable majority has always spawned with military fustibalus, and the rest with military slings. This doesn't bother me all that much (though I think their ammo count for those weapons could stand to be a bit higher) since we don't even really know if the crossbows were used as weapons of war, but I thought I'd mention it since they do show up in the troop tree's inventory.

Wheem said:
In my tests, it doesn't seem like Pictish Veteran or Elite Skirmishers ever actually have crossbows. The troop tree shows them listed more often than any other ranged weapon, but thus far a sizable majority has always spawned with military fustibalus, and the rest with military slings. This doesn't bother me all that much (though I think their ammo count for those weapons could stand to be a bit higher) since we don't even really know if the crossbows were used as weapons of war, but I thought I'd mention it since they do show up in the troop tree's inventory.
I will check that. Thank you

I'm unable to start a new game in the non-Steam official release of 2.005 (with Warband 1.16:cool:; it just keeps kicking me back to the main menu before loading up the options for story/sandbox/etc...Loading previous saves seems OK, I can play the tutorial and custom battles just fine, and I'm able to start new games in my Steam install (still on 2.005 beta). I'm re-downloading the new version of VC, since uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't helped, but on my internet it'll be a couple hours before I can see if something was wrong with the original download.

Edit: Old saves actually don't work properly. I can load them up, walk around the map, buy/sell, etc...just fine, but once I click past the casualties screen after winning a battle, the game kicks me back out to the starting menu.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I found a strange bug at the refuge:

I stayed in my refuge waiting there when some vikings had the idea of attacking me. When the fight started the battle didn't start in the layout of the refuge but in the camp layout.

P.S.:
Thank you for this great DLC. It's the best in Warband I did ever play. "A clash of Kings" has been great, "Brytenwalda repolished" has been marvellous but this DLC is just plain amazing. The only things I could wish for more are a load full questlines such as the questline about Eriu and some more realistic bandit scaling (at least in full realism mode I am currently playing in). Don't get me wrong: I have a great profit from the Bandit scaling as it is right now, but it doesen't feel right if there are more and bigger bandit partys as there are normal people and traders. Everyone would starve to death in such a land.

DrunkenHussar said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I found a strange bug at the refuge:

I stayed in my refuge waiting there when some vikings had the idea of attacking me. When the fight started the battle didn't start in the layout of the refuge but in the camp layout.

Should only happen if you choose 'start holding position' instead of 'charge enemy'. Will be fixed for next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom