Re-Installation Criteria

For those who've uninstalled Bannerlord: What will get you to reinstall it and give it another go.

• When it leaves EA

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • When a new implemented feature catches my attention

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • When a new released mod/mod update catches my attention

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • When a very specific mod/feature I have in mind releases

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Whenever I randomly get the itch

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Something else I haven't thought of (explain in comments)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

WhyAmIHere

I've uninstalled Bannerlord (disk space is precious and Bannerlord is over 60 GB), and am waiting for something to catch my attention in development to give it another download (data is also precious since I've only got so much of it per month). I'm curious about others in the same position. What sorts of developments would prompt you to reinstall the game?

My answer to the poll is: "When a very specific mod/feature I have in mind releases", that feature being "NPCs being significantly fleshed out and given personality and more dialogue"

When the rest of modding tools are properly implemented as well as what was requested from the modding open letter

Modding carries this game and needs to be better supported before I'd download again

I'll get excited about this game again when TW implements the SP features that they've already said they're not even working on.

So, basically, never.

But I reinstall it every few months, play for a couple dozen hours to see if it's stopped sucking yet and... nope. Still sucks. Often there are improvements, but just as often the gameplay is objectively worse.

They made some bugfixes since I last played and implemented more perks, which is cool I guess. But they removed gang fights and made the AI dumber to prep it for a console port.

Also they nerfed caravans/workshops and buffed enemy lethality of autobattle while reducing autobattle XP to 10%. For every game-breaking bug or gaping hole in the mechanics they ignored, they also decided to implement brutal nerfs on players to make our experiences even more miserable.

I’m just waiting for them to finish refactoring and release the mod tools so I can start fixing the combat, troops, items, and balance.

Whenever they remove their heads from their bums and fix SP across things the community has brought up countless times and they have outright REFUSED... Or whenever I get the urge to see a massed mongolian horde vs. arab brawl in the deserts or steppes. After everything I have read on the forums the past few months I do not regret waiting for it to go on a major sale before purchasing because otherwise... Not worth the tarnished copper for what we got.

When I see more updates with new content and improvements/fixes and less updates like "added spam filter to chat", I might consider reinstalling.

2 big picture things (this thread is similar to some others, so some of this answer is partially recycled). Preferably both, but at least 1 of the following:

1) Late game feature development. Basically, the war-band part of the game is really satisfying to me, but everything after that (fief, kingdom, multiple party management, settlement management, culture-level texture, kingdom politics, diplomacy, econ and trade, etc.) still feels quite under-developed.

2) Patches calming down vis-a-vis mods. Basically, I am a lazy and noobish mod consumer, so it is a big hassle for me to manage lots of mods amid constant EA-phase game patches. (Can't even imagine how limiting it must be for modders!) So when the game is finished (see item (1) above in particular), and the rate and scope of patches comes down, I can justify investing the time in a solid mod list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom