SP - General Re-edit Armor/Shield Stats

Users who are viewing this thread

I think there is something wrong about the stats of some armors: some that appear clearly less protective, have more points instead. These problems are still presents. In the last patch (1.5.4) I have noticed also an OP of Highland armors.
But let's go in order...

The square shields are still unbalanced. The reinforced type equipped is heavier, but incredibly also weaker.
(main 1.5.4)
ke4zx3un
Highland OP/Lamellar UP:
(main 1.5.4)
In general, I think that the lamellar armors should be better than the highland armor... and not weaker for sure at least...
2fe4mbj5

rq0pb1pa

gi9fpk57

Incredible how Lamellar Plate Boots are now so weak... The boots equipped are clearly less protective, but have better stats.
70o1ktzp
Something wrong with Highland armors? The noble armor is much better than the warlord...
a4259ib6

a2gz3wcs
Here, a shorter armor is more protective on legs than a longer one, and the Eastern Plated LEATHER is much more protective than a long chainmail (Western Hauberk) in every part:
(main 1.5.2)
7aah9pty

sh00q1ar
These examples of shields are glaring, reinforced versions are weaker than non-reinforced. Regarding the round shields, the points appear to be related to the size, but 1) the size difference is slight 2) the metal reinforcements should be more important, if the difference in size is small:
(main 1.5.2, it should be the same in the 1.5.4)
iexalzon

oc00qwwa

6jigrezg

bd26ol5h

About shields: I think that someone should be not usable on horseback (the bigger ones)... or at least, they should give penalties in speed and agility.
About shoulder armor: I think they should give protection more for the arms than the body.

(host: https://uploadir.com/)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they are balancing it still, prices and everything.

I think we need two things, 1 that armour specifies what is good against, per example:

someRPGs have helmet 10 armour then specifies 5 Pierce 5 slash.

So in other words there are 3 categories: Pierce, slash, crush.
  • Pierce: Bows, Spears and some swords.
  • Slash: Mostly swords
  • Crush: Maces, axes.
There is something like this in weapons with slash and thrust.

Back to armours there are several pieces of leather that have better rates than mail or plate. And prices too need balancing.

Note: In warband there was a tier of weapons and armor a that were rusted or raged that had low stats. Making them an exception.

Also I have seen imperial veteran militia has better equipment than imperial veteran Archer.

Oh ok, but I think it's better to "talk" through images. Other examples:

3 shields, 2 look in bad condition, damaged, also slim... but they have the same stats compared to a sturdy and strengthen shield!
4ckocb4p

4ebxzygn

wvzd6b93

There is a difference in size that is not reported in the tooltip, but I agree, it shouldn't be the only difference. I also don't understand why it's not reported in the tooltip, we shouldn't have to turn the avatar and eyeball it to see which shield is bigger.

Well, after installing the new Beta 1.1.0 something is changed for the horse armours...
(the image is old)
huaj9id8
The Battanian armour now has 15 points instead that 30, while the northern about 20, if I remember good. Good news, but there is still much to do for the rest.

Last edited:
They also should balance the Khuzait's armor pieces. Most of them weight like 0.9~2.3 and give almost as much armor as end-game Sturgian armors that give 25 but weight around 8~10. Like, I get that it's not the same materials on the armor (they're made of leather instead of metal), but those rates are WAYYY too good.

They also should balance the Khuzait's armor pieces. Most of them weight like 0.9~2.3 and give almost as much armor as end-game Sturgian armors that give 25 but weight around 8~10. Like, I get that it's not the same materials on the armor (they're made of leather instead of metal), but those rates are WAYYY too good.
Can you upload some pic here and make a comparison as I did before? I'm with the Southern Empire and I don't know so well to other factions.

Can you upload some pic here and make a comparison as I did before? I'm with the Southern Empire and I don't know so well to other factions.
Oh , for sure! Here it is:
somehow thats the only way I can upload it (Sturgians on the left, Khuzaits on the right.)
For example, that's just the Tier4 one. I'm guessing the difference between the Tier5 would be even bigger. I really get the concept of Khuzaits being mainly Cavalry fighters, but it AT least should be 4-6.

While I agree with the general premise I also appreciate the existence of highly protective vambraces for aesthetic reasons. I play a lot of archers and I don't like wearing super bulky mailed mittens or other thick gloves because it looks wrong when handling a bow. But I also don't like hindering my defense too much for a purely immersion based reason.

I really, really doubt equipment numbers right now are anything more than a rough draft. Most high tier protective armor feels like tissue paper, the fact there's such a disparity in weight but not really any in protection seems incorrect.

Other examples...
s9bbsinz

dxifbmgf

j3rjck1r

4s7m9nul
As you can see, a really thick and reinforced shield (the first one) has the same stats of much less sturdy shields. No difference between reinforced or normal square shields. And the last one has the same speed of much bigger shields. It's all completely unbalanced.
I also think that some shield should be not usable on horseback... or at least, they should give penalties in speed and agility.
mcafh4wz
Here another example of unbalancing of armours. Leather better than chain mail. ?
The one you are wearing is clearly leather/hide or maybe even cuir bouilli worn over Maille worn over padding though, so yes it would be better than just maille.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom