Need More Info Re-capturing city from enemy lowered relations with friendly clan

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: After Battanians captured Charas from Vlandia, I, as a Vlandian lord, re-captured it from the Battanians on that same day. After winning the battle, I lost 10 points with the Vlandian clan "dey Meroc" (Derthert's clan). Makes me think that I recaptured it too quickly and it still had the city still marked as Derthert's feif or something.

I looked around on the "known issues" sticky, and couldn't find anything specific to this.

How to Reproduce: Recapture a city that your faction formerly owned within a day of its capture by your enemies.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce RTX 2080 Super
GPU Driver Version: 465.89
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Asus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Did you do this capture solo, or did you have an army with your, more specifically did you have any from the Dey Meroc clan.

Imo its something they got to change when you recapture cities of your own culture - you can only choose mercy option.
So if you have an army and choose mercy, all with the opposite trait will give you negative relations(Cruel is the trait)

While I'm fine with that in regards to other cultures fief where you can pick from all the 3 flavors, that the lords who are cruel who want their "loot" dont get to get it, will dislike that.
For where you can only choose the mercy option, its podoo.

I have captured cities in the timeline you state, and have suffered no such issue, note I captured it solo or with my own army of my own clan(where I have picked no cruel ppl to lead my armies).

Did you do this capture solo, or did you have an army with your, more specifically did you have any from the Dey Meroc clan.

Imo its something they got to change when you recapture cities of your own culture - you can only choose mercy option.
So if you have an army and choose mercy, all with the opposite trait will give you negative relations(Cruel is the trait)

While I'm fine with that in regards to other cultures fief where you can pick from all the 3 flavors, that the lords who are cruel who want their "loot" dont get to get it, will dislike that.
For where you can only choose the mercy option, its podoo.

I have captured cities in the timeline you state, and have suffered no such issue, note I captured it solo or with my own army of my own clan(where I have picked no cruel ppl to lead my armies).

That's exactly what happened! Thank you! "Show Mercy" was the only option -- and I did have a combined army with 5 other Vlandian lords -- I just loaded the save game, and Alary was a member of the army (dey Meroc clanny with the "Cruel" trait). Thanks for that explanation!

Maybe not a trivial change, but maybe these trait-based (personal) conflicts can instead be applied at the personal level, rather than the clan level. I'm sure Alary being cranky over loot wouldn't be enough to turn an entire clan against me after leading the effort to recapture their fief.

That's exactly what happened! Thank you! "Show Mercy" was the only option -- and I did have a combined army with 5 other Vlandian lords -- I just loaded the save game, and Alary was a member of the army (dey Meroc clanny with the "Cruel" trait). Thanks for that explanation!

Maybe not a trivial change, but maybe these trait-based (personal) conflicts can instead be applied at the personal level, rather than the clan level. I'm sure Alary being cranky over loot wouldn't be enough to turn an entire clan against me after leading the effort to recapture their fief.
Np, and I agree this mechanics is "flawed" imo, should at the very least be a much less hit to relation like 2 to 5 negative at most in general, so you dont end up being enemies of a clan in your faction, cause you lead sieges..

Do you have a save from before the castle siege? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom