RCC Server Rules - Discuss Here

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS said:
You know I am in "opposition" lets say :wink:

But my suggestion:

If you have rule make it work. Just quick example:

Week ago Phoenix234 was kicked from event for killing NObody. Why? "- Extermination (If your faction was destroyed, you cannot Rejoin)"
This rule was not included in to NLR definition at the time!

Let me remind You:
N0body said:
What NLR is:

You are not allowed to rejoin a battle until it is over.
You are not allowed to revenge kill.
You cannot put a bounty up on a player if you were killed.

What an OOC Death is:

When you die to a player breaking a rule, you can carry on as if it never happened and ignore NLR.

You will, obviously  tell me that this is the same. It is not. And how ridicules the rule is. When your faction is destroyed? When the battle is over? This is Persistant World, remember?

There is no teams. - There are teams. Well there are factions.

There is no rounds. - Rounds? There are rounds. They last 9999 mins though.

Maybe you should create CRPg server instead?

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
KhalidIbnWalid said:
I totaly agree N0body , we need more rules ,and we need a TW faciot that will take care of crimes during the game , it will be also nice if the randomers will have also 2 warnings with a clear explenation  about what they have done wrong . 
Many thanks in the name of KOI and keep the good work ,
Khalid .

**** no, I'll be kicking them on sight after the global unban.

Are you happy about it? Are you guys ban people for fun or the reason...because I lost it now

I know (I hope) that You make all this rules to make server better but... The way it looks..well..it does not look good.

Maybe you should read the NLR rules list (Splinterts)
And what are you talking about faction wise? If you die, you cannot rejoin blue. Not until the faction is wiped out or a new leader is picked. That is the rule.
Don't die in a battle if you want to stay in it. The rule is NOT RIDICULES, it is fine.

Now look at it this way: Battles would never end if you could rejoin. You kill a guy, he comes back and kills you, you do the same. 20 vs 20, it ends up just being a never ending better.

cRPG is a deathmatch, you are the one creating a deathmatch server. This is an RP server.

Now as always, you come and post something you mis-understand, and insult us about it.

Maxikus said:
I think you could take it easy with the new life rule unless you dying effect a LOT of people. For instance, if your a regular farmguy farming along and then some bandit kills you when you protect your family. It doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things if you live or die.

If you are the leader of a faction and some rival faction (that has a reason for fighing you) has made a good ambush and kills you then I think you should die, since it would be terribly sucky if you were an invincible faction leader.

This is just my personal interpretation of the NLR. Officially I think that in all roleplaying deaths your character die.

I agree with this. It's why I only kick people when they Rejoin factions when it comes to going back to your last life. Good RPers don't need to be told about NLR, as they should know. Anyway, they can RP being injured  :razz:

And You (like always) ignore whatever I said and just repeat yourself as answer. But lets leave it  like that....

This is anti-faction rule and it is another rule easy to compromise and to be undarstand as You like or need at the moment.

I am sorry if I insult You in anyway. I have not notice. However my undarstanding is so poor that everthing is possible... :roll:

The way I've always interpreted the NLR was like this:
When you "die" your character was criticaly injured/nocked out, forgetting what happened so they need to wander back and rejoin after a while. So don't rejoin the battle, but you can keep your spot. That being said, to RP fairly it's probably a good idea to switch characters/die if you were playing a faction leader, especially if it was a well done assassination or critical battle. The line is probably more blurry for the "persistant" characters that are in guild rosters and whatnot. Persistnt factions wouldn't work well if they needed to shuffle the roster every time a high-up died in battle.

of course you can rejoin a faction after you die as its leader. you just dont rejoin as the leader you rejoin as a normal soldier if the new leader accepts your request to join.

New LIFE rule not new faction rule.

i didnt kill  nobody btw novicus, i watched it happen though.
how that worked was nobody killed my first character who was roleplaying a Lord + bodyguard, i came back as a merc trader and hired the original bodyguards as mercs because they didnt have a leader anymore

if a faction survives they can continue there roleplay, only i died so the group of mercs could carry on their previous objectives and avenge there leaders deaths by fighting nobody for the greens.

Persistant characters deaths are optional in the long term really, like if i die as the leader of the masonry my "heir" takes over and i become him, i cant revenge kill the killer unless other people witnessed it and he gets tried for murder

thats how NLR works, you just find the loopholes in it and your fine

Phoenix234 said:
of course you can rejoin a faction after you die as its leader. you just dont rejoin as the leader you rejoin as a normal soldier if the new leader accepts your request to join.

how that worked was nobody killed my first character who was roleplaying a Lord + bodyguard, i came back as a merc trader and hired the original bodyguards as mercs because they didnt have a leader anymore

if a faction survives they can continue there roleplay, only i died so the group of mercs could carry on their previous objectives and avenge there leaders deaths by fighting nobody for the greens.

Persistant characters deaths are optional in the long term really, like if i die as the leader of the masonry my "heir" takes over and i become him, i cant revenge kill the killer unless other people witnessed it and he gets tried for murder

Funny how you admittec to killing me through steam, but said it was 'becuase I thought you were someone else'
Story changes again.

There are 100s of loopholes in NLR. You can actually say you got injured in a battle and rejoin the faction after the battle is over.

And Novicus, how is this not faction friendly? It allows destruction of factions rather than factions existing for ever. Leader or heir survives though, then the faction can be rebuilt.
If blue gets wiped out, it can be rebuilt.

N0body said:
Phoenix234 said:

Funny how you admittec to killing me through steam, but said it was 'becuase I thought you were someone else'
Story changes again.

There are 100s of loopholes in NLR. You can actually say you got injured in a battle and rejoin the faction after the battle is over.

And Novicus, how is this not faction friendly? It allows destruction of factions rather than factions existing for ever. Leader or heir survives though, then the faction can be rebuilt.

if you cant tell im discussing the recent event where Brom killed you your an idiot, hell novocus even says " a week ago" and mentions faction elimination which wouldnt of been relevent with the time i killed you when you were dressed as a bandit.

seriously nobody the time i killed you was months ago, and another TW and myself both thought it was you so grow a pair and stop whining about it everytime you get the chance, it was a accident which i already apologised for months ago
you dont hear me complaining about when you and your friend randomed me and some masons in our own guild for fun do you?

Phoenix234 said:
N0body said:
Phoenix234 said:

Story changes again.

if you cant tell im discussing the recent event where Brom killed you your an idiot, hell novocus even says " a week ago" and mentions faction elimination which wouldnt of been relevent with the time i killed you when you were dressed as a bandit.

seriously nobody the time i killed you was months ago, and another TW and myself both thought it was you so grow a pair and stop whining about it everytime you get the chance, it was a accident which i already apologised for months ago
you dont hear me complaining about when you and your friend randomed me and some masons in our own guild for fun do you?

I was talking about the thing that happened 4 weeks ago. Not months.
And you never apologised, so don't lie.

And what do you mean 'you and your friend randomed me and some masons in our own guild'? If you're talking about the time me and (can't remember who) took over the guild I made for my assassin RP (But you decided to claim it for your 'guild', and you came along saying we couldn't be there ect. so we killed you, then that isn't randoming, it's you threatening us and trespassing. And it was only you. There were no others.

EDIT:
Would also like to note that if we are to get enough donations, a 'RCC No rules' server will be coming soon, and the rules server will stay

N0body said:
Phoenix234 said:
N0body said:
Phoenix234 said:

Story changes again.

I was talking about the thing that happened 4 weeks ago. Not months.
And you never apologised, so don't lie.

And what do you mean 'you and your friend randomed me and some masons in our own guild'? If you're talking about the time me and (can't remember who) took over the guild I made for my assassin RP (But you decided to claim it for your 'guild', and you came along saying we couldn't be there ect. so we killed you, then that isn't randoming, it's you threatening us and trespassing. And it was only you. There were no others.

EDIT:
Would also like to note that if we are to get enough donations, a 'RCC No rules' server will be coming soon, and the rules server will stay

ive apologised serveral times now. i dont have todo it again

you randomed us inside the masons guild mid convosation, you werent speaking about "trespassing" you just attacked which is against your own rules, its called randoming.
i was with a friend showing him the guild the maps maker gave to us, you talked about how you used to use it for your assasin rp, and how its mine now, and you attacked us without warning

= randoming

you have to warn people before you attack them you cant just kill them and give a reason later

N0body said:
EDIT:

Shouldn't you put all your money on the rules server and let somebody else make a no rules server? If one person already has gone out with creating a no rules server I don't see the point of another one. And shouldn't you put all the money the rules server since that's what some people donated for? I might be missing the point, and since I didn't donate my say in this is quite limited.

Maxikus said:
And shouldn't you put all the money the rules server since that's what some people donated for? I might be missing the point, and since I didn't donate my say in this is quite limited.

The actual system donations were received for (and many heartfelt thanks for those too) is capable of supporting several WB servers.

We considered that if we create a no rules server, this can then cater for those that seem incapable of playing within our rules.
Hopefully they will then leave the Rules server alone for those that wish to role play within a governed environment.
Bans from the rules server will not be applied to the non-rules server.

This is still under consideration at this point.

Great. If you promise that No rules server will stay without rules I will support that idea. I PM NObody allready about it as for me is much easier to support allready existing server than creating and developing new one from the scratch.

If I can suggest something...Do not use VoS as this map is a paradise for spawn killers...If you could add Artifex one or modify Old Oceania (adding horse vendors is essential) it would be great...

I'd suggest you (anyone) look at my thread regarding the disparity of rules between admins. While these are all good ones, there are some matters of protocol left to question (warnings/complaints).

All of this might be seem a little sudden. I didn't want to do a new thread about admins so I thought this thread was the most proper.

I think being an admin is a big responsibility and not something to do willy nilly. For some admins it seems they have been admins for to long. Let me give you two examples:

Two people are fighting. The reasons for fighting is irrelevant. You stand close by and consider your next move. Would you rush to the aid of one party and gloriously save him?

You and another person are fighting. The reason for fighting is irrelevant. Another guy is watching the fight. Suddenly the guy watching picks up a sword and joins the enemy! What a bastard! Would you think this is unfair?

Of course most people would agree with the first one and ignore the second example. But what if you had some magical power to get revenge.. say, some power to remove people who are stupid enough to interrupt your honorable duels. Then you might be tempted to use it wouldn't you?

So according to me some of the admins have lost their ability to self criticism. They should consider what they are doing, why they are, and if someone might feel that they are using their admin powers against them.

Any thoughts?

Maxikus said:
All of this might be seem a little sudden. I didn't want to do a new thread about admins so I thought this thread was the most proper.

I think being an admin is a big responsibility and not something to do willy nilly. For some admins it seems they have been admins for to long. Let me give you two examples:

Two people are fighting. The reasons for fighting is irrelevant. You stand close by and consider your next move. Would you rush to the aid of one party and gloriously save him?

You and another person are fighting. The reason for fighting is irrelevant. Another guy is watching the fight. Suddenly the guy watching picks up a sword and joins the enemy! What a bastard! Would you think this is unfair?

Of course most people would agree with the first one and ignore the second example. But what if you had some magical power to get revenge.. say, some power to remove people who are stupid enough to interrupt your honorable duels. Then you might be tempted to use it wouldn't you?

So according to me some of the admins have lost their ability to self criticism. They should consider what they are doing, why they are, and if someone might feel that they are using their admin powers against them.

Any thoughts?

this is perfect! :razz: explains the problem alot better then i can

Maxikus said:

Any thoughts?

This happens to everyone when they get a bit more power than those around them. It's in that persons' ability to stop this and be absolutely objective, but, to be honest, we are not perfect and we always look at our profit. So unless we get Ghandi as an admin, this can acts can be reduced, but not terminated. It was a good explanation tho. +1 internets for you :smile:

N0body said:
- Extermination (If your faction was destroyed, you cannot Rejoin)

N0body, could you please explain this rule in detail? Are the killed allowed to go, change colors, and return later as a faction oddly aggressive to the faction that killed them for no reason besides they've decided to be jerks?

Something seems slightly illegitimate about this to me. Please tell me if I am incorrect.

Azrayel said:
N0body said:
- Extermination (If your faction was destroyed, you cannot Rejoin)

N0body, could you please explain this rule in detail? Are the killed allowed to go, change colors, and return later as a faction oddly aggressive to the faction that killed them for no reason besides they've decided to be jerks?

Something seems slightly illegitimate about this to me. Please tell me if I am incorrect.

Technically, you can change the colour when a faction is wiped out.
Ask splintert for more detail, as he is technically the one who created all the parts to NLR for the server.

The Eradication rule is the rule that forces members of a faction that lost all it's members in battle to not respawn. They can go under a different color but MUST forget all wars/relationships with the people they knew before.

Back
Top Bottom