RCC Server Rules - Discuss Here

Currently viewing this thread:

royfang

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
Horsemen (soldiers/traders/etc) should slow down when approaching the town gates (when TW are active at the gates) and when in the town to prevent collisions.
 
We're supposed to be discussing server rules here?

Personally, I believe the current rules are fine as they stand, as long as admins enforce them correctly. Freedom is important in any kind of RP environment.
 
One day when I logged on, I went into the city and found that 6 brigands stood there in the same clothes and only said one thing: TAX!!! I said that I didn't have any money, so they killed me. So when I spawned again, I took their outfit and was allowed into the city, without trouble (luckily). :roll: And we just stood there, in the city, killing anyone who didn't pay! (I didn't kill innocent ones, I only killed 'em if they killed like 1 or 2 of us). After some time they actually took the city (everyone who wasn't a Brigand) and each time i tried to respawn, I got randomed.. :evil: So I started to fight back, and after some time, when I killed 2 guys who attacked me, they told the admin (who just came on) that I was randoming them! I wasn't even a Brigand anymore, I changed into merchant, but was killed by other ''legal'' people. And of course I got banned and here I am.

If I did something wrong, I'm Terribly sorry, but please! I just got this mod and loving it this is the only server with people on! I would really like an unban, I swear wont do Anything wrong!  :sad:

Maybe wrong place to write this on but still..
 

Phoenix234

Sergeant Knight at Arms
7th_General said:
One day when I logged on, I went into the city and found that 6 brigands stood there in the same clothes and only said one thing: TAX!!! I said that I didn't have any money, so they killed me. So when I spawned again, I took their outfit and was allowed into the city, without trouble (luckily). :roll: And we just stood there, in the city, killing anyone who didn't pay! (I didn't kill innocent ones, I only killed 'em if they killed like 1 or 2 of us). After some time they actually took the city (everyone who wasn't a Brigand) and each time i tried to respawn, I got randomed.. :evil: So I started to fight back, and after some time, when I killed 2 guys who attacked me, they told the admin (who just came on) that I was randoming them! I wasn't even a Brigand anymore, I changed into merchant, but was killed by other ''legal'' people. And of course I got banned and here I am.

If I did something wrong, I'm Terribly sorry, but please! I just got this mod and loving it this is the only server with people on! I would really like an unban, I swear wont do Anything wrong!  :sad:

Maybe wrong place to write this on but still..

you shouldn be banned for that.
also if a player cries wolf when there actually in the wrong they should get punished too.

brigands cant tax people inside the city, it doesnt make any rp sense todo it, so they should of been kicked for breaking rp.

 
Phoenix234 said:
7th_General said:
One day when I logged on, I went into the city and found that 6 brigands stood there in the same clothes and only said one thing: TAX!!! I said that I didn't have any money, so they killed me. So when I spawned again, I took their outfit and was allowed into the city, without trouble (luckily). :roll: And we just stood there, in the city, killing anyone who didn't pay! (I didn't kill innocent ones, I only killed 'em if they killed like 1 or 2 of us). After some time they actually took the city (everyone who wasn't a Brigand) and each time i tried to respawn, I got randomed.. :evil: So I started to fight back, and after some time, when I killed 2 guys who attacked me, they told the admin (who just came on) that I was randoming them! I wasn't even a Brigand anymore, I changed into merchant, but was killed by other ''legal'' people. And of course I got banned and here I am.

If I did something wrong, I'm Terribly sorry, but please! I just got this mod and loving it this is the only server with people on! I would really like an unban, I swear wont do Anything wrong!  :sad:

Maybe wrong place to write this on but still..

you shouldn be banned for that.
also if a player cries wolf when there actually in the wrong they should get punished too.

brigands cant tax people inside the city, it doesnt make any rp sense todo it, so they should of been kicked for breaking rp.
Proberly the admin missunderstood the whole thing  :sad:
 

Phoenix234

Sergeant Knight at Arms
there should maybe be a thread for this, where everytime an admin bans a player he posts a form saying who he banned, what happened and a time and date, and witnesses present.

 
Phoenix234 said:
there should maybe be a thread for this, where everytime an admin bans a player he posts a form saying who he banned, what happened and a time and date, and witnesses present.
Then hopefully, I don't have to play this epic mod alone anymore!  :grin:
 

Serann

Master Knight
Getting back to the RULES I have one question

Does NLR also mean that your rp character died?

Because some people actually like their character, and how he has developed. That character might have made connections and experienced some good rp, you get the point.

Now, mine wasn't ever killed (in rp) anyway, but I would prefer to be capable of ever risking my hide without losing everything.
 

Maxikus

Squire
I think you could take it easy with the new life rule unless you dying effect a LOT of people. For instance, if your a regular farmguy farming along and then some bandit kills you when you protect your family. It doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things if you live or die.

If you are the leader of a faction and some rival faction (that has a reason for fighing you) has made a good ambush and kills you then I think you should die, since it would be terribly sucky if you were an invincible faction leader.

This is just my personal interpretation of the NLR. Officially I think that in all roleplaying deaths your character die.
 

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
You know I am in "opposition" lets say :wink:

But my suggestion:

If you have rule make it work. Just quick example:

Week ago Phoenix234 was kicked from event for killing NObody. Why? "- Extermination (If your faction was destroyed, you cannot Rejoin)"
This rule was not included in to NLR definition at the time!

Let me remind You:
N0body said:
What NLR is:

You are not allowed to rejoin a battle until it is over.
You are not allowed to revenge kill.
You cannot put a bounty up on a player if you were killed.

What an OOC Death is:

When you die to a player breaking a rule, you can carry on as if it never happened and ignore NLR.

You will, obviously  tell me that this is the same. It is not. And how ridicules the rule is. When your faction is destroyed? When the battle is over? This is Persistant World, remember?

There is no teams.

There is no rounds.

Maybe you should create CRPg server instead?

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
KhalidIbnWalid said:
I totaly agree N0body , we need more rules ,and we need a TW faciot that will take care of crimes during the game , it will be also nice if the randomers will have also 2 warnings with a clear explenation  about what they have done wrong . 
Many thanks in the name of KOI and keep the good work ,
Khalid .

**** no, I'll be kicking them on sight after the global unban.

Are you happy about it? Are you guys ban people for fun or the reason...because I lost it now

I know (I hope) that You make all this rules to make server better but... The way it looks..well..it does not look good.
 
Top Bottom