RCC Server Main Thread [Beta 7] [Rules Translation/s added! - Swedish & Italian]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bowman said:
For the first minute I was on the server a lot of RP occured, which is really nice. Though it's sad that I can't be with you because of all the crashes.

Turning up your shadow settings should fix it. It's a known issue with the new version.

Or you can generally tweak your graphics.

We're doing our best to the server the best experience possible. We'll be updating the Valley Of Swamps map to fix many of the known bugs/issues. We've had a steady population of around 30-35 people for a few hours. Hopefully it will stay that way.
But yea, we could have done what United did - by spam-advertising over steam. But we'd rather just tell people to bring their friends. Rather than ask everyone on their steam.

We're aiming to make it mostly player-run. With admins there to make sure everything runs smoothly, not interfere constantly.

But as of yet, we're drafting up a ruleset. Which will hopefully provide a positive experience without interfering too much in people's game play.

One of the main and most important rules is that you use common sense - that severely affects the amount of complaints admins get.

Our aims as a server:

• To have a community protected and ruled server, where admins only step in to make sure the gaming experience is as good as possible
  • For admins to act as admins, rather than babysitters
  • To have a small, or big, community where RP is strongly enforced and encouraged without restricting the gameplay of non-rpers
  • To make use of maps where they can be used with small player counts or large playercounts without them being too complex or feeling too empty
  • To have a small ruleset that has no backdoors or ways around them, but also protect every player's gaming experience without being a hinderance

The real way to popularise the server is to create separate ccomplaint and suggestion threads. Maybe it's a little odd to say, but the more noise you make, the more players you get. I hope RCC will stand for a pretty long time.

The Bowman said:
The real way to popularise the server is to create separate ccomplaint and suggestion threads. Maybe it's a little odd to say, but the more noise you make, the more players you get. I hope RCC will stand for a pretty long time.

I agree, if someone is causing noise, somebody will come to check what it's about eventually.

I like this new server because,

When you want to bank they always online (admin waiting at bank every sec)
They have a good control on the server
And when you ask for admin they will tp in some 10sec, now if you say yeah there are only 20 players my answer is No there is 50-60 players, and they are still avaible.

I like these new admins and them server, ive now 50fps and have 20fps on united_pw.

So i like this new server and really enjoying it :grin:

i know my english sucks

Yep, this server is no better than United. A bunch of clan-members sitting on their TS, covering eachothers asses. And not even one day have passed.

MousePad said:
Yep, this server is no better than United. A bunch of clan-members sitting on their TS, covering eachothers asses. And not even one day have passed.

There are about 5 people in teamspeak who aren't from the clan.

You aren't Liam per chance are you?

Metalhead259 said:
MousePad said:

And why is that relevant?

MousePad said:
Metalhead259 said:
MousePad said:

And why is that relevant?

Because of the fact you were breaking the rules.

Or, on the other hand, you were Mouldy, and you were getting the wrong side of an entire event.

I neither broke the rules, nor does any rules exist.

I stood by and watched the whole event, as opposed to you. I saw exactly what happened. Yet you picked the side of your friend on Teamspeak, which i just minutes ago had told you that you would.

While i do not condone Liams actions, or behavior, the fact that you immediately and unquestionably took the side of your friend sais enough of your server. You did not even manage a day.

MousePad said:

I stood by and watched the whole event, as opposed to you. I saw exactly what happened. Yet you picked the side of your friend on Teamspeak, which i just minutes ago had told you that you would.

While i do not condone Liams actions, or behavior, the fact that you immediately and unquestionably took the side of your friend sais enough of your server. You did not even manage a day.

Which event was this?

Metalhead259 said:
MousePad said:

Which event was this?

The one where Verrigan challenged a guy to a duel by shouting at him to fight him in Global for atleast 10 minutes, only to have his friends shoot the guy in the back the second the fighting started. And still claim the "glory" of the kill.

Typical cowardly, loudmouth behavior, which i was pointing out.

MousePad said:
Metalhead259 said:
MousePad said:

Which event was this?

The one where Verrigan challenged a guy to a duel by shouting at him to fight him in Global for atleast 10 minutes, only to have his friends shoot the guy in the back the second the fighting started. And still claim the "glory" of the kill.

Typical cowardly, loudmouth behavior, which i was pointing out.

I shall explain to you in a PM, to avoid clogging up the thread.

Well he is right on one point, if you're going to accuse people of rulebreaking, post some rules. Otherwise they shouldn't be at fault. Trying to think up one while the server is already active is counter-intuitive.

We are acting using our old ruleset.

It should be on the thread temporarily, as it is lurking around on the forums somewhere.

MousePad said:

The event you're describing is where multiple characters were interacting in-characterly. It was a roleplay event, so there's no need for you to resort to OOC insults and call people "cowardly", that seems way out of line. Secondly, the RCC admins made a decision based on the facts, not on any relationship they may have with those involved. They took time to think it out and it wasn't instantaneous as you seem to imply.

I don't mean to offend, but you really should read up on roleplay... Find an online roleplay manual or something. You don't have to get mad at people in real life for the things that their characters may or may not do... There's a separation. My character and your character could be total enemies and hate each other in-game, but we don't have to hate each other OOC (out of character). Similarly, if someone's character does something you seem to think is mean or rude, that doesn't mean the actual person playing that character is mean or rude or "cowardly" or "loudmouth"... They're just roleplaying. Your resorting to OOC insults is simply way out of line. You need to learn to distinguish between IC and OOC.

Boarlady said:
Well he is right on one point, if you're going to accuse people of rulebreaking, post some rules. Otherwise they shouldn't be at fault. Trying to think up one while the server is already active is counter-intuitive.

The basic rules are visible ingame under 'game rules' and we are only making use of those rules. They are based off our old ruleset until we agree on a full ruleset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom