RCC Server Main Thread [Beta 7] [Rules Translation/s added! - Swedish & Italian]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illusive Man said:
The rules say you can't tax/rob more than 1000 gold, but they also say "Don't tax or rob!"  :?: :?: :?:
You read it wrong.

N0body said:
[*]Don't tax and rob!

Meaning you can't go tax somebody of some gold AND THEN rob them of an item/s

"Halt there traveller! your coin purse seems rather heavy there, mind sparing a bit o gold? how about 700 pieces? infact why don't you also dismount that fine stead of yours." - An example of what you wouldn't be able to do, its either the gold, or rob them of an item/s

Too many rules. I know I've already pressed this key, but take this as a friendly advice, keep the server as much free of rules as possible and fill it with principles. "Don't demand excessive values in a robbery" can be considered a principle; "Don't rob more than 1.000 gold coins" is a rule.

Understand that I'm not counting with the average player good sense to make use of principles, but, instead, I'm letting the administrator freely decide what was excessive in a particular case and what was not. Probably reducing the amount of reports, because people won't have as many solid rules as before.

Deserath said:
Well who decides they randomed if an Admin isn't around? It could lead to some issues.

I'll be intergrating a sort of 'community support' as per mentioned in the rules.

A community support is a player that is trusted to do banking, and is given access to the bank without needing admin rights, they can also be a selection of other roles, including being TW.

Just a reminder for next update, add this set to it (Dress)(The one thats going to be put on today Bank_Asisstand told me it was not added unfort)

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/SanguinesMoon/mb16.jpg

I dont know how its called but its a set of headband and dress :smile:

Wolvie1 said:
Just a reminder for next update, add this set to it (Dress)(The one thats going to be put on today Bank_Asisstand told me it was not added unfort)

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/SanguinesMoon/mb16.jpg

I dont know how its called but its a set of headband and dress :smile:

Already did that :smile:

(Should be there now)

Look, people, these things solve themselves. Adding more rules is not what you should do. No outlaw is going around charging 500,000k and got away with it, it hasn't happened before there was a level cap. Besides, even if an outlaw was enough of an ******* to go around doing that, the community would eventually kill him off for being such a douchebag.

Having a rule for every possible scenario is arbitrary as hell it's better to having broad rules like "don't overtax", which usually falls into a category of what class someone is and their clothing.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Look, people, these things solve themselves. Adding more rules is not what you should do. No outlaw is going around charging 500,000k and got away with it, it hasn't happened before there was a level cap. Besides, even if an outlaw was enough of an ******* to go around doing that, the community would eventually kill him off for being such a douchebag.

Having a rule for every possible scenario is arbitrary as hell it's better to having broad rules like "don't overtax", which usually falls into a category of what class someone is and their clothing.

Well armed people usually have less money knocking about than serfs, and you have to take it on their word that they have what they say they have unless you're about to cut them down, get their money bag and do a hellah mental math to verify.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
No outlaw is going around charging 500,000k and got away with it

Yes.

Honestly outlaws can hardly get away with charging 800 without being attacked. No one pays the outlaw, they almost always try to defend themselves from the robber. The amount is irrelevant.

Splintert said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
No outlaw is going around charging 500,000k and got away with it

Yes.

Honestly outlaws can hardly get away with charging 800 without being attacked. No one pays the outlaw, they almost always try to defend themselves from the robber. The amount is irrelevant.

Ironic, because they're usually serfs with pickaxes who'll drop more on death and would have had a valid reason to come back and kill the bandit later when he was well-armed if he'd paid the smaller denomination.

But w/e. I'm usually dirt-poor (I neither serf nor engineer, as a rule) so I can truthfully tell them I don't have enough.

Could you possibly increase the spawn time period? It's quite annoying in sieges, just half an hour ago me and my friend were sieging a castle, there were only 3 defenders, we managed to kill all of them at least 2-4 times and they kept coming, there wasn't even time to retreat, me and my friend fallen one by one and the siege failed and even if we managed to get to the banner it would take time to capture the castle and while the enemy is attacking and shooting at the banner carier it's impossible to take it.

It would make a ton more sense if outlaws didn't even ask for an amount when robbing anyway... Think about it:

You're walking through the busy city streets in the modern day, a guy pops out from an alleyway and tells you "GIVE ME $100 MUTHAF***A!"

No... the robber is going to say "GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT, MUTHAF***A!"

Just pointing out how ridiculous it is that robbers ask for an amount... Also, robbers don't steal peoples' possessions enough. I think they need to get more creative and start asking people for whatever resources are on their bodies as well.

Saboteur100 said:
It would make a ton more sense if outlaws didn't even ask for an amount when robbing anyway... Think about it:
You're walking through the busy city streets in the modern day, a guy pops out from an alleyway and tells you "GIVE ME $100 MUTHAF***A!"
No... the robber is going to say "GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT, MUTHAF***A!"
Just pointing out how ridiculous it is that robbers ask for an amount... Also, robbers don't steal peoples' possessions enough. I think they need to get more creative and start asking people for whatever resources are on their bodies as well.

Asking for money is more convenient because if you take items, you need to sell them, to do that you need to know where to go, maybe even to the other side of the map.

2FC96121357BF3AB19A1B9EA3344D76DCC967129

Now that's what I call a sight for sore eyes.

Azrayel said:
2FC96121357BF3AB19A1B9EA3344D76DCC967129

Now that's what I call a sight for sore eyes.

Woah. I didn't realise there were that many people on the server.

T'was doing work on the main thread (which has now been updated - what do people think of the new graphics, which may take a while to load though)

EDIT:
Ehhh... Might be too big for some resolutions. Will fix that shortly.

EDIT 2:
Put on a smaller version. Fits better (hopefully) for smaller resolutions.

Sil Good Feeling said:
@Peton : hi sweetie :3 !

oh i can understand why i havent see you those days Peton & Emelie are you playing on this server?

Yes... xD

N0body said:
[*]You can't "1k or die" as TW - you can tell people they can't enter if they refuse. Arrest them if they enter without paying, or kill them if they resist arrest!

This will only work, as long as the TW isn't a bunch of bloodthirsty morons who execute every prisoner they get their hands on. Which they tend to be.

Well in the Old Days we had the TW as whoever wanted to spawn as them, And they could pretty much do as they please. 99% of the Their time was spent being randomed from the Roof-tops so they got plenty of action, but if they wanted to be Corrupt they could, or some were as concerned about the law as Judge Dredd.

Come to think of it a lot of people tried to incorporate the Randoming into their RP and just keep going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom