RCC Server Main Thread [Beta 7] [Rules Translation/s added! - Swedish & Italian]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the guy I rped with yesterday? His name was Grumpy Herdsman.

On another note, I will stay on this server now I have had it with uniteds admins.

Map has been updated with bugfixes and a few minor additions.
Should be a bit more playable now.

And bug reports/map suggestions should be sent in PM's to myself and N0body.

* Randoming can often result in a KOS being placed on your head for 10 mins by any admin or community support member.

I liked it, but killing the agent on sight won't create more problems with NLR and randoming?

Dark_Hamlet said:
* Randoming can often result in a KOS being placed on your head for 10 mins by any admin or community support member.

I liked it, but killing the agent on sight won't create more problems with NLR and randoming?

This rule was used far in the past versions of PW, and i quite liked it.

In my personal opinion this is more of a way the players can deal with randomers themselves in the absence of an admin, basically vigilante justice. It provides a bit of entertainment aswell, consider it like a deadly mass murderer being on the loose and anyone who spots him has the approval of the Town Guard to kill him on sight.

This of course is also a punishment for the randomer (if hes not been kicked/warned for randoming already). However i can assure you while i am administrating i shall not be using the KOS option often at all, it will be a rare sight from me.

It's usually up to the playerbase. If two dudes are arguing about who randomed who, chances are the average non-dumbass will try to not attack.

Remove the taxing rule and replace it with a "don't overtax" rule instead.

Playerbase-issued KOS+ average PW player= Bad idea

You will have unfair KOS every time someone is robbed of gold or silver.

Boarlady said:

I've seen similar things happen non-sanctioned on HCRP. Like the time KingKiller's pals claimed my faction was a "randomer faction" and kept flooding into my castle, murdering left and right.

They got away with it and I was not refunded, despite us finally getting an admin on.

So, maybe it's better that the admins at least be more cognizant of these things rather than plugging their ears and pretending they're not the regular- 'cause vigilantism is common on basically all PW servers.

Back in the day, we'd just kill them and take screens of their randoming. Whenever we got them to n0b he'd logBan them and that'dB that.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
It's usually up to the playerbase. If two dudes are arguing about who randomed who, chances are the average non-dumbass will try to not attack.

Uhm, Dont overtax?  You cant know if someone is utterly rich. That is OOC information, which will mean its metagaming. The taxing rule therefore is as fine as it is.

Wolvie1 said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:

Uhm, Dont overtax?  You cant know if someone is utterly rich. That is OOC information, which will mean its metagaming. The taxing rule therefore is as fine as it is.

i disagree - look at their clothes and weapons, check what is in their cart. maybe you saw them on a trade route earlier. it cant tell you if they are rich but it can tell you if you should be able to think they are rich.

Deserath said:
Well who decides they randomed if an Admin isn't around? It could lead to some issues.

Answer:
N0body said:
Also you should see an admin on at all nearly all times, if i hear theres no admin on the server i shall immediately log on myself.

Boarlady said:

You will have unfair KOS every time someone is robbed of gold or silver.

That would not occur, as it is not for petty theft and as said above it is issued by an admin or community support member, not an average player, if an average player attempted to place a KOS on someones head i would expect them to be punished by any availible admin on the server. This system worked pretty well in the past with the old playerbase, so consider this a 'trial period', testing if it works with this newer playerbase and version.

Azrayel said:
Back in the day, we'd just kill them and take screens of their randoming. Whenever we got them to n0b he'd logBan them and that'dB that.

Thats the kind of simple system id like back aswell, when i got randomed i would normally go into spectator and follow the randomer, taking screens for the next 2 minutes or so, then upload them and show them to N0body, normally id have enough screens of random attacks that the player would be log banned.

xombie5 said:
Wolvie1 said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:

i disagree - look at their clothes and weapons, check what is in their cart. maybe you saw them on a trade route earlier. it cant tell you if they are rich but it can tell you if you should be able to think they are rich.

That is true Leroy, however you would have the issues of people looking for a loophole, i myself would prefer a 'Don't over tax, be reasonable' rule but having a cap is a lot easier to follow & enforce, i'll have to have a chat with other admins about that.

xombie5 said:
Wolvie1 said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:

Yes, but say, I have an empty card, I have  a pickaxe, and civil clothes, I banked most of my current money alot of time ago, went serf, and get ready to mine.

Then there should be like heavy armored/ traders 2-3k max. It all depends on it. Overtaxing will happen otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom