RCC Persistant World Server [Super old thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the requests for hideouts:

Hideouts will be brought in when the servers goes 100% public, which should be tomorrow.

It will cost gold to buy a hideout - the price isn't decided yet, but you'll also need to pay for the props that will be contained inside.

Now the question may be: why?

We don't want 100s of hideouts with 1000s of props in, so you will be limited with how hard you work and how much you gain, so you'll need to pay for certain props to be added.
It's mainly because we want to keep fps generally, and adding large numbers of hideouts may mean we'll need to remove props around the map to save fps, which is currently going a little too low.

Actually, I have some price ideas:

Small hideout:
A single room located in a building around the map

Medium hideout:
One or two rooms located underground, can be accessed from a hatch in a chosen location

Large hideout:
3 or even 4 rooms or a few large rooms located in a cave enterance or a large enterance.
Reason? Because a large base will offer great advantages, but won't be easy to hide as a medium hideout would.

Making your hideout a 'faction'
1.5 Million denars.  :shock:
Making it a faction allows you to chose classes to contain inside, allowing you to add a forge and other essentials to craft.

But, would that mean we have to redownload the map like ten times a day? And wouldnt that mean the map/server would be reset, so everything had to be gatherd again?

Some randome screenshots. I love textures how I said before. I was not so much in to the castles. This is in many ways very "primitive" map. You think about Nords and bandits when you travel through this land. Very refreshing after castle wars of any other map I saw.

mb7.jpg

mb6-Copy.jpg

mb22-1.jpg

mb21.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb4-Copy.jpg

mb19-Copy.jpg

mb23-Copy.jpg

mb18-1.jpg

And thus passes NAPW, Son of Dr. Death, Lord and Steward of Persistant World lol.  About Damned time RCC got its ass out of the Grave.  ONWARD TO RCC!

Mathryt said:
But, would that mean we have to redownload the map like ten times a day? And wouldnt that mean the map/server would be reset, so everything had to be gatherd again?

Oh no.

The maps will be updated every x days if there is an update and the hideouts will be added all at once.

N0body said:

Hideouts will be brought in when the servers goes 100% public, which should be tomorrow.

It will cost gold to buy a hideout - the price isn't decided yet, but you'll also need to pay for the props that will be contained inside.

We don't want 100s of hideouts with 1000s of props in, so you will be limited with how hard you work and how much you gain, so you'll need to pay for certain props to be added.
It's mainly because we want to keep fps generally, and adding large numbers of hideouts may mean we'll need to remove props around the map to save fps, which is currently going a little too low.

Small hideout:

Medium hideout:
One or two rooms located underground, can be accessed from a hatch in a chosen location

Large hideout:
3 or even 4 rooms or a few large rooms located in a cave enterance or a large enterance.
Reason? Because a large base will offer great advantages, but won't be easy to hide as a medium hideout would.

Making it a faction allows you to chose classes to contain inside, allowing you to add a forge and other essentials to craft.
i tottaly agree with that :grin:, i guess i have to get all my raiders and work our asses off :grin:, since in real life an hideout isnt free too :grin:, medium hideout it will be!, and some hard work for the props .. :grin:

joko380 said:
N0body said:

Small hideout:

Medium hideout:

Large hideout:

i tottaly agree with that :grin:, i guess i have to get all my raiders and work our asses off :grin:, since in real life an hideout isnt free too :grin:, medium hideout it will be!, and some hard work for the props .. :grin:
I'd say dont let single persons buy hideouts (if its not someone exceptional like meeeeeeeeee :mrgreen: ) but rathermore groups of People/Characters. afterall a hideout should be themed for a certain party (or person) and not just be a secrt place to buy basic gear.

Knüppel said:
joko380 said:
N0body said:

Small hideout:

Medium hideout:

Large hideout:

I'd say dont let single persons buy hideouts (if its not someone exceptional like meeeeeeeeee :mrgreen: ) but rathermore groups of People/Characters. afterall a hideout should be themed for a certain party (or person) and not just be a secrt place to buy basic gear.

Of course. If it's individuals, I'll find it hard for them to actually get that much gold.
I'll stick with a requirement of people in the guild per size of hideout.

Citizen_Kane said:
Yes, we should defiantly not have 50 hideouts out there on the map.

Yep.

Also Nobody, I hope you don't mind that I am planning of creating a deserter faction and that they roam around you're map a bit  :wink:

By the way, do deserters (yes they will rob) have to be outlaws? Also, can commoners rob and slave?

The looters will drink from you're skull!

Also I would suggest making Pilgrim admin. He is like a player magnet. If he is there everyone else will come.

Small suggestion - separate threads for map and server. I tend to skip server threads (usually flame wars, admin complains and ban repeals...), but I like to read about maps...

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Hooray, the Looters are back! I shall lead my brothers to victory!

I shell not stop in search of first guy who start Looters (green hats in time of v2/3). What I know his name was King_Hobo...Any clues?

Correct..but who was a King_Hobo ? Hobo guys conquer my castle with (almost) bear hands. They did it in mass. I had to surrander to them and become...peasant to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom