• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

RCC Persistant World Server [Super old thread]

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNW
Yes, it's back!

Well, here you go:
clipboard01kti.jpg


http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,201316.msg4844533.html#msg4844533

After seeing that, most of us made up our minds: We wanted to bring RCC back even more, so we decided we'd bring the clan and server back, in hopes that one or both would be successful in one shape or another.






unled6r.png


We've run the Oprec server, and the largest server on PWMod - with playercounts of over 180! (Apparently peaking at 200!)



unled5mo.png



Our admin team:

N0body
Metalhead
Patricio
Apsod
Peton
Dunno
Feretal (Pending)
Darion (Pending)

We have refined and experienced PWMod admins, more so than nearly any other PW admin.
They don't abuse, nor break our rules. They don't have a gameplay advantage either​

Our admin code of conduct:

Do not spawn gold unless it is to refund randomed players, withdraw from bank accounts or for events.
- Minor exceptions will apply to admins who are admining long term and have not be able to aquire gold for personal play, so they are allowed to spawn a small set of gold.
Do not kick/ban/slay/warn players unless they break the rules, and only use the punishments given for breaking the rules (Listed in the rules section)
We do not use godmode when we are using combat - no 'Roleplay enhancing' bull where an admin gets a massive gameplay advantage so they always win.



unled9pv.png

(Rules are currently being constructed & decided)

Our ruleset will be dynamic in the way players can roleplay. We used to use the 'New Life Rule' (NLR) in a very 'full' state. But now we'll use just one part of the 'New life rule' - No revenge killing.
We won't allow randoming, nor killing bandits on sight - afterall, won't that be OOC?

OOC. We won't enforce this to it's full extent, but players won't be allowed to say 'You're a bandit! DIE!' Or just attack an outlaw without word.
Outlaws are protected by this rule, but our TW faction will be allowed to set up bounties and 'KOS' status on outlaws when they commit a crime.
Outlaws will have more flexability when it comes to certain things - they will be allowed to kill people, but only if they have a reason to do so first - they ask for a amount of gold from a serf, the serf refuses to pay, so the outlaw has a choice, they can take them prisoner, kill them or let them go.

I think I'm babbling on now, so I'll just go straight onto the rules.

  • No randoming!
    - We're sure that everyone knows what this is. No need for an explanation.
    - This includes killing bandits - you need a reason other than 'They iz a bandito!'
    Punishment for breaking this rule as follows for each player randomed (In order): Warning, slay, kick, temp ban, ban
  • NLR
    - No revenge killing
    - You cannot die and return to fight in a siege.
    New life rule, an old rule invented by RCC when we first started up. Not really enforced on any servers now. NLR does NOT apply to defenders in sieges.
    Punishment for breaking this rule as follows (In order): Warning, slay, kick, temp ban, ban
  • Roleplay whenever possible.
    - Simple rule/request.

  • Respect other players and admins.
    - No racism
    - Excessive swearing will not be tolerated.
    - Just be respectful in general
    - No political/religious slander - This is fine if religions/politics are fictional.
    Punishment for breaking this rule as follows (In order): Warning, kick, temp ban, ban
  • Do NOT spam the admin chat with complaints or useless talk.
  • No bug abusing or glitching in any way. This will not be tolerated.
    - A bannable offence, but rewards are given out if bugs are reported (and bug abusers).
    Punishment for breaking this rule as follows (In order): Warning, temp ban, ban
  • Most important rule of all

    Have fun!

No randoming.
- Randoming is 'Deathmatching' - killing without RP reason - 'He looked at me funny' does not count as an rp reason.

No killing outlaws without reason - this is classified as randoming and breaking OOC.
- Outlaws can only be killed if a KOS status has been given out - and approved by an admin. Killing them for the reason 'they are outlaws' is OOC and not allowed.

No revenge killing
- No killing a player because they killed you in a previous life. This is OOC - you were 'knocked out, and do not remember who struck you down'

No outrageous taxes. High taxes that a serf or whoever you are taxing that they would probably not be able to pay, but you are taxing them just because you may wish to kill them is not allowed.

Do not killed townwatch without RP under any circumstance.
- Townwatch is an RP faction, and you may not declare war on them.



unled4fw.png



unled7zxl.png


Featured factions:

Nord
Vaegir
Rhodok
Looters
Townwatch
Swadia


Full map (Outdated):
mapfull.png


The Town
mapsl.png

A large collection of random images from Big_Man:
unled13ai.png

unled14z.png

unled16r.png

unled17j.png

unled18wk.png

unled19z.png

unled20v.png

unled21d.png

unled22u.png

unled23k.png

unled24z.png


Some pointers on the town:
(Showing off why we did the town the way we did.)


unled10j.png




FAQ:

Q. Why are the castles (excluding the one in the town and the ruined castle) made of wood?
A. Our map is themed in a new land, where the factions have recently settled, so there hasn't been much time for them to build out of stone.

Q. Why are there so few ships?
A. Ships are a minor thing is this marshland, but those that do exist can be used for great strategic advantage, and for a ferry as of the lack of bridges around the map.

Q. Why are there so few bridges?
A. Bridges make it easy to traverse around the map - we want you to feel like the map is bigger and is an actual marshland.
This also has been done so those few ships can be used by civs to transport people accross the river, so those that feel the need to do it, can make a living from being a ferry man or woman.

Q. Why are the castles so small and compact?
A. We feel big castles are harder to manage, even with a large player base, so we want a smaller player base to be able to hold one of these castles, and a larger player base feel like they are holding a fortress instead of a plain.

Q. I want to be an admin, how can I apply?
A. We'll have a thread open soon where anyone can apply, but don't feel bad if you don't get accepted, as we are very strict / tight with how we'll recruit admins.

Q. I like this server, and wish to donate to support it's upkeep! Where can I donate?
A. We don't have a place to donate right now, but we'll have one open to the public soon.

Q. Why are there so few rules?
A. We are still building our rulelist, so there will be a lack of rules until it's finished, but at the same time we are still testing the new rules.

Q. Where is the server? Is it down?
A. It'll be up soon
 

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
Wow..I can not just believe what I have read....

Thank you NObody :grin:

The most professional server thread ever btw.Well done!
 

Herbiazors

Master Knight
WBNWVC
But to dissapoint you the server will probaly fall again.. because "nobody" plays on it.. *cough* you just knew i had to do that Nobody! :3 RAVEN OUT!  :cool:
 

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
I did ask couple of server owners for essential info for me....

Could you be outstanding and add regular reset times for your server please. It helps a lot for hard working people  :wink:

Herbiazors said:
But to dissapoint you the server will probaly fall again.. because "nobody" plays on it.. *cough* you just knew i had to do that Nobody! :3 RAVEN OUT!  :cool:

There are NObodies and nobodies... I prefere to play on server with NObodies rather than nobodies...No offence to nobodies...
 

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNW
NOVICIUS said:
I did ask couple of server owners for essential info for me....

Could you be outstanding and add regular reset times for your server please. It helps a lot for hard working people  :wink:

Restarts will be rare, and only when either map time runs out, or an update for the map is released.
Which of the latter there will be plenty.

For those who wish to see the map and test it, we do have a test server up right now, so you can join it and have a good look.
The server is passworded, so if you want to have a look, PM me and I'll give the password.
 

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
First impressions on map...

Finally map with good texture. You can admire every hill..every bit of it. Also attention to detiles. It looks like native battle map. Screen shots soon :grin:
 

95th_Daniel_Hagman

Knight at Arms
bravo good sir's! i highly recommend all people wishing for a stable environment and professional administration team to join this server, these lad's know what their doing.

also nice rule set.

 

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNW
Phoenix234 said:
the town doesnt look very big :S like 1/4 of vos size?

Wheres my mason house? :wink: haha

The town is supposed to be small, but it has alot of buildings, of which many can be entered :smile:

I can add hideouts by request, using a banking system with it - you got the gold, you got the hideout :wink:

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Good luck, the map looks amazing. :smile:

Thanks, me and metal spent a while on it :smile:

95th_Daniel_Hagman said:
bravo good sir's! i highly recommend all people wishing for a stable environment and professional administration team to join this server, these lad's know what their doing.

also nice rule set.

:smile:


As I said before, if anyone wishes to come on the server and test the map, send me a quick PM and I can give the password :smile:
 

Legolan

Banned
:neutral: I cant wait to play this map, and the server rules look great...I have heard many good things about you guys since I started playing PW, and I hope I will have as much fun playing here as people did in the past..


Legoland the Lemon Farmer :cool:
 

Phoenix234

Sergeant Knight at Arms
N0body said:
Phoenix234 said:
the town doesnt look very big :S like 1/4 of vos size?

Wheres my mason house? :wink: haha

The town is supposed to be small, but it has alot of buildings, of which many can be entered :smile:

I can add hideouts by request, using a banking system with it - you got the gold, you got the hideout :wink:

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Good luck, the map looks amazing. :smile:

Thanks, me and metal spent a while on it :smile:

95th_Daniel_Hagman said:
bravo good sir's! i highly recommend all people wishing for a stable environment and professional administration team to join this server, these lad's know what their doing.

also nice rule set.

:smile:


As I said before, if anyone wishes to come on the server and test the map, send me a quick PM and I can give the password :smile:

Idea thief >_<
Im having a free home dammit
 

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNW
Phoenix234 said:
N0body said:
Phoenix234 said:
the town doesnt look very big :S like 1/4 of vos size?

Wheres my mason house? :wink: haha

The town is supposed to be small, but it has alot of buildings, of which many can be entered :smile:

I can add hideouts by request, using a banking system with it - you got the gold, you got the hideout :wink:

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Good luck, the map looks amazing. :smile:

Thanks, me and metal spent a while on it :smile:

95th_Daniel_Hagman said:
bravo good sir's! i highly recommend all people wishing for a stable environment and professional administration team to join this server, these lad's know what their doing.

also nice rule set.

:smile:


As I said before, if anyone wishes to come on the server and test the map, send me a quick PM and I can give the password :smile:

Idea thief >_<
Im having a free home dammit

Idea theif?  :lol:

It's an idea hundreds if not thousands of people have thought up :wink:
 

Sir Gwain

Squire
Oh great another server....................
Whats the point in making more servers when the player base isnt massive? I see 9 servers at the mo and 2 have people in...........
 

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNW
Sir Gwain said:
Oh great another server....................
Whats the point in making more servers when the player base isnt massive? I see 9 servers at the mo and 2 have people in...........

Another server? We've been around before all the other servers.
 

Herbiazors

Master Knight
WBNWVC
Sir Gwain said:
Oh great another server....................
Whats the point in making more servers when the player base isnt massive? I see 9 servers at the mo and 2 have people in...........

*facepalm* Wrenaq... *hands over a rope* You know what you gotta do now..
 

Peton

Master Knight
Sir Gwain said:
Oh great another server....................
Whats the point in making more servers when the player base isnt massive? I see 9 servers at the mo and 2 have people in...........
RCC was one of the first and The Best server PW ever had
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom