[RCC] New map? New rules? Post suggestions here!

No deathmatching / Randoming allowed? But anyone can kill anyone, as long as they have a reason AND

• Yes, I like this idea

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to suggest something...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, here is why...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bandits don't have to kill anyone, so if they don't have a bounty, they won't be targeted. Bandits should be able to collect bounties, if they don't have a bounty themselves!

in light of a recent event, im sure you know what it is rcc guys xD

i think that (as local chat is a range and not affected by obstacles) - if one is roleplaying being in a room to speak quietly, noone outside that room should hear - one should have to find empty fields to talk truly privately in - a secure room should be enough.

i didnt mean program wise - i just meant game wise - aka if im chatting secretly in a room ,thepeople outside "cant hear"... eventhough they can .. but they cant - because they shouldnt - see?

xombie5 said:
i didnt mean program wise - i just meant game wise - aka if im chatting secretly in a room ,thepeople outside "cant hear"... eventhough they can .. but they cant - because they shouldnt - see?

Splint, he's just saying that if they're locked in a room talking in private anyone nearby that would generally be able to see the local chat should just ignore it and take it as OOC for hearing it.

I would guess it is impossible to script it so the chat can't be seen through walls.
But you can hear through doors, especially when you are a nosy TW member listening on a suspect's door.

Vornne said:
N0body said:
I would guess it is impossible to script it so the chat can't be seen through walls.
Not at all; about two lines of code.

Wow.

So you can have object / collision detection through a script to stop a message being recived? I think I underestimated the power of warband's game engine.

Vornne is PWMOD's savior.
artifex said:
xombie5 said:

Splint, he's just saying that if they're locked in a room talking in private anyone nearby that would generally be able to see the local chat should just ignore it and take it as OOC for hearing it.

do you REALLY think anyone would follow that rule? if i hear 'bandits group at the swamp tavern' in global chat... i wonder where the bandits are.. maybe the swamp tavern? its impossible to assume everyone is going to take something in OOC like that

Splintert said:
artifex said:
xombie5 said:

do you REALLY think anyone would follow that rule? if i hear 'bandits group at the swamp tavern' in global chat... i wonder where the bandits are.. maybe the swamp tavern? its impossible to assume everyone is going to take something in OOC like that

This isn't about global, its about local.

artifex said:
Splintert said:
artifex said:
xombie5 said:

This isn't about global, its about local.

lol at splint fail xD :mrgreen:

what im trying to say is it's the same principle. i am supporting this idea.. when nobody heard leroy through the wall it WAS against roleplay, but would he really ignore the fact that you were trying to assassinate me? no. he told me straight away.

Back
Top Bottom