[RCC] New map? New rules? Post suggestions here!

No deathmatching / Randoming allowed? But anyone can kill anyone, as long as they have a reason AND

• Yes, I like this idea

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to suggest something...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, here is why...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

a guild on how to play as a bandit would be good if it showed people that there are ways to have fun as bandit other than killing people

i also want to "peacefully protest" or ***** about one of the rules im pretty sure didnt used to be there but is now there forsure :razz:

(something along these lines: "non bandits cannot help bandits in a fight (unless said bandit is working for a faction)..
now.. i DO understand why this would be - but for a rping server its completely unrealistic.
1. said bandit hadnt commited a crime yet and noone can help him? (i know the guy is randoming in this case but people might not know that at the time)

2. in middle of roleplay with a bunch of guys (not necessarily all bandits) and we get attacked randomly by some nobs - they cant help us????

3. a bandit saves you - you are never allowed to return the favor without switching faction???

4. you see a "person" getting attacked (ignoring the factions in this case) - what type of rp is it if you can only step in to one side of the fight.

5. tyrranical tw or faction , no neutrals can help the bandits fight back against the oppressors??

____

i DO understand the no merc law to stop bandits having an army of all classes etc... i really do.
if the fact that all classes dont have a round skill tree other than bandits to stop l33t faction leaders etc is meant or its just my preference i dont know - but it IS possible for me to fight solo as a bandit due to their stats, wereas if i were archer class its nearly impossible for me....

i think this rule should be removed.. basically... having it recquires you to have no opinions of any players which is not doable really... EG:

lets say sir red de mon (a player im on very good terms with ((i hope :razz:))) .. it means i cant aid him or he cant aid me in battle if he sais me in trouble against some silly neutrals who decide to fight me etc etc... now.. wether one should or shouldnt treat all players the same isnt the point - noone can, its human nature to like some people better than others: nobody will always get along better and treat splintert better than me for example :razz: i will treat red de mon better than nobody etc etc etc.... i will mistreat or take opportunities to kill or harrass players i dont like or that i know are bastards..... etc etc etc

please nerf or remove this rule (pretty pretty please????)  :cry:

xombie5 said:
i also want to "peacefully protest" or ***** about one of the rules im pretty sure didnt used to be there but is now there forsure :razz:

(something along these lines: "non bandits cannot help bandits in a fight (unless said bandit is working for a faction)..
now.. i DO understand why this would be - but for a rping server its completely unrealistic.
1. said bandit hadnt commited a crime yet and noone can help him? (i know the guy is randoming in this case but people might not know that at the time)

2. in middle of roleplay with a bunch of guys (not necessarily all bandits) and we get attacked randomly by some nobs - they cant help us????

3. a bandit saves you - you are never allowed to return the favor without switching faction???

4. you see a "person" getting attacked (ignoring the factions in this case) - what type of rp is it if you can only step in to one side of the fight.

5. tyrranical tw or faction , no neutrals can help the bandits fight back against the oppressors??

____

i DO understand the no merc law to stop bandits having an army of all classes etc... i really do.
if the fact that all classes dont have a round skill tree other than bandits to stop l33t faction leaders etc is meant or its just my preference i dont know - but it IS possible for me to fight solo as a bandit due to their stats, wereas if i were archer class its nearly impossible for me....

i think this rule should be removed.. basically... having it recquires you to have no opinions of any players which is not doable really... EG:

lets say sir red de mon (a player im on very good terms with ((i hope :razz:))) .. it means i cant aid him or he cant aid me in battle if he sais me in trouble against some silly neutrals who decide to fight me etc etc... now.. wether one should or shouldnt treat all players the same isnt the point - noone can, its human nature to like some people better than others: nobody will always get along better and treat splintert better than me for example :razz: i will treat red de mon better than nobody etc etc etc.... i will mistreat or take opportunities to kill or harrass players i dont like or that i know are bastards..... etc etc etc

please nerf or remove this rule (pretty pretty please????)  :cry:

Players are breaking the rules if they are killing you when you haven't broken the law.
The rule is perfectly fine, as the only condition you would be helped is when you are being attacked by another faction, which you have been put in - and they can't help you when you've broken the law.
Without the rule it would mean players could help you when you've broken the law

NOVICIUS said:
which is perfectly fine for me:
simple choice:if my friend broke the law I will stick with him

What we(I believe)try to say to you Nobody is: you can not ignore human nature while making the rules or the rules will be ignored by most of the players...And we want A LOT of player on this server and this map particularly

PS.Could you, please, make comment to my post
They should not attack unarmed without reason! (like shooting ppl from distance for fun)
They should be allowed to kill anybody who refuse to "cooperate" - marchant who does not want to give away goods,unarmed who does not want to give away his horse. - this is the same like others, but knight to demand taxes should first secure town,castle or fort where he will apply tax.bandit can "secure" road and stop anybody there...("STOP THIS IS ROBBERY!").Moreover: you do not have to kill...kill horse thirst and kick the guy to death if he still will not give up. This would create RP scene: walking guy who is coming back to the Town and tell his story to TW or noble lord. The chase could be organised etc.etc

In the rules at the moment(when you start a game)is: do not random as long you not a bandit(not exactly in this words)
I believe that any encouraging ppl to random is wrong. Bandits can be bandits but they have to RPing like everybody else.

What is a point to be a bandit: skills(athletics),quick access to weapons,easiest way to start playing - all the reasons why ppl who not randoming still love to play as bandits :grin:

PS.Maybe some guide: "how to play as bandit?" - on forum so new players would have some good example from experience ones
as well :wink:

That would mean there is no need for the 'No randoming' and 'don't kill unarmed unless bandit' rules.

I'm against the idea of bandits no being able to random or kill unarmed - I'd wager we'd lose more than a few players to that.

that's quite wrong, NOVICIUS, while i do usually play bandit, i lead factions a lot too
And, i would say i usually consider myself to be fair in that respect. If both parties admit they were RP when a rule was 'broken' the rule is over ridded and nothing matters and all is fine and well

NOVICIUS said:
I give up.......I did try :sad:

(PROBLEM: all ADMINS play as BANDITS so they do not see the other side!!!
SOLLUTION: try other side(recommended:trader;play time:30min;change char so ppl do not know who you are;minimum 20+ player on server for real test;the best one when 50% are bandits)

Just think about it :roll:)

That is a false statement. I follow the new life rule as it is meant to be followed, if I die (as long as it wasn't Out of Context or randoming) I will log off and change my character entirely including name, role, features, etc. It is much more interesting for me to do so and the only time I play as a bandit is if I am "Dubious Pilgrim" and even then I'm not a bandit per se, but rather a man who enjoys saving people from other bandits and only killing high priority targets. I am a man of honor when I play as a "bandit" - if you were to put any name to my type of brigand it would be an assassin.

PLEASE RUN THE ORIGINAL MAP, I'M GETTING TIRED OF THE SWAMP MAP. However, i enjoy your server.

I think the reason why people play bandit so much is that they get even stats on most things, can generally pick up trading items and also have the coolest look, I think if Lazlo was to update each class with different looks/stats there would be more RP in general but at the moment people are using bandit as a excuse to RDM, The only real way the RP will happen is if bandits couldn't start a fight unless they formed groups (So we wont have any random killing sprees of one guy) or even lower the stats for bandit seeing as they can use both bow and sword and are much faster than knights, I mean yesterday I was running after a bandit as a Knight for about 1 hour, in reality this would of never happened with a bandit picking a fight with a Knight. But in the end it just leads to everyone wanting to be the 'Best' class. Its like picking pie over cake.

I prefer bandit because they have a civilian look but arent completely dfefenceless, i dont want to wear chainmail armor i want light leather or heavy cloth type of armor class

So if Civilian/Serf had some more different clothes and werent completely rubbish at fighting, would you use them?

well... i might take civi in that case.. but i would prefer if there were another class with identical stats to brigand (With light leather armor ofc) .. called.... Ranger class or something....

perhaps a light leather armor for all neutral fighting classes? as faction armor or neutral.. the tunics are too heavy for classes such as archer.. even the light ones :razz: we need strong light armor like light leather for everyone... again... wrong thread so dont know why im saying it xD

but brigand should be a title one should earn rather than one someone gets via class. aka a tw member will force a "brigand" to sheathe his weapon etc "as its the law" .. reasonable.. but they wont force a neutral to do it.. now.. this brigand, if hes commited a crime a living guy has seen should be able to be attacked by said TW - but they have to sheathe their weapon like an innocent man should.. but no neutrals are made to comply with this :razz: you know what im talking 'bout nobody xD

xombie5 said:
well... i might take civi in that case.. but i would prefer if there were another class with identical stats to brigand (With light leather armor ofc) .. called.... Ranger class or something....

perhaps a light leather armor for all neutral fighting classes? as faction armor or neutral.. the tunics are too heavy for classes such as archer.. even the light ones :razz: we need strong light armor like light leather for everyone... again... wrong thread so dont know why im saying it xD

but brigand should be a title one should earn rather than one someone gets via class. aka a tw member will force a "brigand" to sheathe his weapon etc "as its the law" .. reasonable.. but they wont force a neutral to do it.. now.. this brigand, if hes commited a crime a living guy has seen should be able to be attacked by said TW - but they have to sheathe their weapon like an innocent man should.. but no neutrals are made to comply with this :razz: you know what im talking 'bout nobody xD

I do, and I agree with this.
But it's up to TW I guess (Or the king)
Someone should make a thread with TW 'Laws'

Jazora said:
So if Civilian/Serf had some more different clothes and werent completely rubbish at fighting, would you use them?

if i was roleplaying combat stats would mean utterly nothing since the best way to win a fight is not to get into it, so yes, i would use it.
N0body said:
I do, and I agree with this.
But it's up to TW I guess (Or the king)
Someone should make a thread with TW 'Laws'

please no. TW laws should be made according to who is the Town Watch/owns the town at the time.

Back
Top Bottom