[RCC] New map? New rules? Post suggestions here!

No deathmatching / Randoming allowed? But anyone can kill anyone, as long as they have a reason AND

• Yes, I like this idea

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to suggest something...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, here is why...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

My opinion about rules. I have different view on that mod than most RPers, but I know it's RP server.
-imo NLR doesn't work, and should be removed. GTA system is much better - you want to get rid of your past, change name. Otherwise you just get wounded and robbed by nurses while healing (or it was payment for other services, who know...), and your past actions will affect your game (if you betray, you're known as betrayal. If someone capture your castle, you're probably going to reclaim it)
-don't kill anyone unless you're bandit or he enter your fiefs. First doesn't require warning (but if you ask, maybe he'll drop you some goods or money...), second does (even if you stand in front of already possessed castle and claim it as your). Bandits can be killed on sight. As warning count:
  -direct text (like: it's our castle, get away)
  -text that ask you to do something other than leaving area (like: drop/hide your weapon; pay taxes nao) mean that you have to do that or leave.
  -obvious actions (like: shooting arrows close to someone, standing at gate and pointing spear at approaching player)
  -war declaration (like: we, blue, are now at war with yellow). Until both sides sign peace treat or one side surrender, sides can kill each other on sight
-don't spawn-camp (if there is set spawn area - hard to camp random spawn-points spread across whole map)
-don't attack unarmed who stand still and block with fist - it mean that he surrender or is typing. If he's doing it for more than minute without saying anything or fallowing your orders, you can kill him.
-don't offend other players. But if victim hasn't complained, admin shouldn't kick/ban (maybe they just rp argue?). Spamming chat or typing racist text also may offend someone, but imo swearing shouldn't count.
-global chat should be used only for player-admin conversation and global announcement (like :blue are at war with red; green now own red castle; ect.) No screaming "bandits at mine!" or something like that.
-Obviously hacking'n'glithing means instant ban. (you can announce before or defend yourself later that you were looking for bugs... maybe someone believe you)

I'll give suggestion about map in few days... It'll look like "try this one" :wink:

Also - I could become admin, but I'll probably unuse rather than abuse power if I wont agree with some rules (read - I won't kick/ban for breaking rules that I don't agree with, but I also won't kick for my own rules not set on that server). You don't know if I'm trustworthy person, but you'll never know if you wont try...

Richard Shru said:
Ok then. I have an easy one. More admins...

Even if the rules are not up to par, having greater oversight would do wonders for the playerbase. Especially if you manage to find an admin for each timezone, that's more periods of time that there's players online, and thus attracts more players in general.

The reason I held off from playing so long is because the servers were always empty. And PW doesn't give much to do when there's no one else.

There was about 20 people on about 4 hours ago...
Also 90% of the RCC / RRC members are admins, and splintert is the most active.

This is discussing a way to get players, admin or no admin - there will be little difference.
CalenLoki said:
My opinion about rules. I have different view on that mod than most RPers, but I know it's RP server.
-imo NLR doesn't work, and should be removed. GTA system is much better - you want to get rid of your past, change name. Otherwise you just get wounded and robbed by nurses while healing (or it was payment for other services, who know...), and your past actions will affect your game (if you betray, you're known as betrayal. If someone capture your castle, you're probably going to reclaim it)
-don't kill anyone unless you're bandit or he enter your fiefs. First doesn't require warning (but if you ask, maybe he'll drop you some goods or money...), second does (even if you stand in front of already possessed castle and claim it as your). Bandits can be killed on sight. As warning count:
  -text that ask you to do something other than leaving area (like: drop/hide your weapon; pay taxes nao) mean that you have to do that or leave.
  -obvious actions (like: shooting arrows close to someone, standing at gate and pointing spear at approaching player)
  -war declaration (like: we, blue, are now at war with yellow). Until both sides sign peace treat or one side surrender, sides can kill each other on sight

-don't spawn-camp (if there is set spawn area - hard to camp random spawn-points spread across whole map)
-don't attack unarmed who stand still and block with fist - it mean that he surrender or is typing. If he's doing it for more than minute without saying anything or fallowing your orders, you can kill him.
-don't offend other players. But if victim hasn't complained, admin shouldn't kick/ban (maybe they just rp argue?). Spamming chat or typing racist text also may offend someone, but imo swearing shouldn't count.
-global chat should be used only for player-admin conversation and global announcement (like :blue are at war with red; green now own red castle; ect.) No screaming "bandits at mine!" or something like that.
-Obviously hacking'n'glithing means instant ban. (you can announce before or defend yourself later that you were looking for bugs... maybe someone believe you)

I'll give suggestion about map in few days... It'll look like "try this one" :wink:

Also - I could become admin, but I'll probably unuse rather than abuse power if I wont agree with some rules (read - I won't kick/ban for breaking rules that I don't agree with, but I also won't kick for my own rules not set on that server). You don't know if I'm trustworthy person, but you'll never know if you wont try...

NLR does work, and people like it. How fun is it to be repeatedly killed over and over just because you killed someone once? It's not even fun. Before the NLR you kill someone as a bandit, they kill you, then you go Blue, they then kill you again for killing them.
This doesn't happen anymore.
NLR is very lax, everyone seems to rejoin their kingdom or become king again - the admins don't kick for it, as it's an OK thing to do, though it's Anti RP.

That is just wrong, KOS bandits? What if a player is RPing a hunter or a Pilgrim? The way it works now is fine.
The war between factions already works like that.
Not giving warnings isn't a good idea - there was an entire clan who came on the server, and traders and serfs were killed as they entered without warning.
The 3 Warnings is alright as it is.

I'll think about having spawns dotted around the map on the new map I'll make.
Killing unarmed isn't fun for the unarmed, you've just spawn and is heading for the nearest armoury - then BAM a knight comes along and kills you 20 times before the knight gets board.
Swearing? Not a problem unless it's abused - racism is a no-no though. I've never actually kicked someone for abusing another player, as it's never happened.
And how are other players supposed to speak to each other? Local and Faction are bugged to hell.
Hacking and Glitching? Not really a problem unless it leads to an advantage to other players - though there really isn't anything to Glitch about. Hacking will result in an Instant ban (Perm)

Though these (My replys to them) may all change upon the release of v4  :wink:

Anyway, I'll put them up tomorrow - All the Rules will be voted 1 at a time.

I'd be inclined to disagree (and unless it really spiked, I never saw it go past 14 people). You see, right now..there's no one on. At all, what-so-ever. There was one new player on, but he logged a little while after I went afk. If you had an admin online, it would seem as though there were people online, and people (me for instance) would log on. THis in turn would lead to others logging on as well, which in turn causes people to notice the mod, and think 'hey, there's a decent amount of people on there, maybe I should check this mod out'.

Also renaming the server to something more recognizable might help. People might see RCCPW and think 'the hell is RCCPW?"

Anyhow, aside from that, there's not much you can do. No matter how much you change the rules, no one's going to log onto an empty server.

EDIT: Also, the local and faction chat only seem to be bugged for me when you put on the nametags. That's why FPW got the great idea of making local chat the T button, so everyone isn't speaking globally the whole time.

And I do rather agree with the GTA method since that's where I came from. And if it works for servers of 300-500 people, I don't see how it can't be ironed out for 10-20. Memory loss for example would be fine. Like forgetting the last half hour of play (people usually killed within ten minutes anyway). So this means you can stay apart of your kingdom, and not have to rejoin every time you die.

Richard Shru said:
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I love how people ask for new gameplay items when it's impossible to code and they don't know how to either.

Actually, 75% of the actual community can't code s***. But the top 10% produce mods so that the other 75% can enjoy them. However, that doesn't mean the non-coder's can't brain storm about things that would make them more inclined to play.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure coders get pissed off when they get impossible requests.

And on the subject of type killing, press the escape key to exit out of chat.

I hope you can manual block.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Richard Shru said:
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I love how people ask for new gameplay items when it's impossible to code and they don't know how to either.

Actually, 75% of the actual community can't code s***. But the top 10% produce mods so that the other 75% can enjoy them. However, that doesn't mean the non-coder's can't brain storm about things that would make them more inclined to play.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure coders get pissed off when they get impossible requests.

And on the subject of type killing, press the escape key to exit out of chat.

I hope you can manual block.

Actually it would seem nothing is impossible with coding - just could range from running smooth to being flawed and buggy as heck.

Richard Shru said:
I'd be inclined to disagree (and unless it really spiked, I never saw it go past 14 people). You see, right now..there's no one on. At all, what-so-ever. There was one new player on, but he logged a little while after I went afk. If you had an admin online, it would seem as though there were people online, and people (me for instance) would log on. THis in turn would lead to others logging on as well, which in turn causes people to notice the mod, and think 'hey, there's a decent amount of people on there, maybe I should check this mod out'.

Also renaming the server to something more recognizable might help. People might see RCCPW and think 'the hell is RCCPW?"

Anyhow, aside from that, there's not much you can do. No matter how much you change the rules, no one's going to log onto an empty server.

EDIT: Also, the local and faction chat only seem to be bugged for me when you put on the nametags. That's why FPW got the great idea of making local chat the T button, so everyone isn't speaking globally the whole time.

And I do rather agree with the GTA method since that's where I came from. And if it works for servers of 300-500 people, I don't see how it can't be ironed out for 10-20. Memory loss for example would be fine. Like forgetting the last half hour of play (people usually killed within ten minutes anyway). So this means you can stay apart of your kingdom, and not have to rejoin every time you die.

Well when I got home from school there was about 20 - 25 players online.
Last weekend there are 33 odd players.

Ooooh. Actually, yes, I do live in a different time zone. But I think you misunderstood the nature of my suggestion as well. The server need not be 'limited' to one timezone :razz:. The best servers have players cycling in and out throughout the day. And yes, I was on during the european player's time earlier (when we maxed out at 14 from what I saw). But my point is that there's other US players as well, and universally, no one goes on because no one 'is' on.

N0body said:
CalenLoki said:

NLR does work, and people like it. How fun is it to be repeatedly killed over and over just because you killed someone once? It's not even fun. Before the NLR you kill someone as a bandit, they kill you, then you go Blue, they then kill you again for killing them.
NLR is very lax, everyone seems to rejoin their kingdom or become king again - the admins don't kick for it, as it's an OK thing to do, though it's Anti RP.

That is just wrong, KOS bandits? What if a player is RPing a hunter or a Pilgrim? The way it works now is fine.
Not giving warnings isn't a good idea - there was an entire clan who came on the server, and traders and serfs were killed as they entered without warning.

Killing unarmed isn't fun for the unarmed, you've just spawn and is heading for the nearest armoury - then BAM a knight comes along and kills you 20 times before the knight gets board.
Swearing? Not a problem unless it's abused - racism is a no-no though. I've never actually kicked someone for abusing another player, as it's never happened.
And how are other players supposed to speak to each other? Local and Faction are bugged to hell.
Hacking and Glitching? Not really a problem unless it leads to an advantage to other players - though there really isn't anything to Glitch about. Hacking will result in an Instant ban (Perm)

Fact that he keep killing you because you've killed him once before is prohibited by "don't kill unless on your fiefs", no need for NRL
After some thoughts I must say that there is no point in being bandit (other than RP), so skip bandit part.
I know about wars - just typing all rules that imo should apply, obvious ones included. (just to communicate that I'm against anything not included in that list)
I typed about warning - difference are that there don't have to be 3, and they don't have to be text warnings.

Fact that someone has or hasn't weapon shouldn't magically change their status to invulnerable. Killing without warning (and each warning count as "do something or leave or die" - so if someone try to exit your are you can't kill him) is still prohibited.
I know - just another obvious to make list complete
Right, forget about it... hope v4 will fix it
Hacking and glitchig is yet another obvious

CalenLoki said:
N0body said:
CalenLoki said:

Fact that he keep killing you because you've killed him once before is prohibited by "don't kill unless on your fiefs", no need for NRL
After some thoughts I must say that there is no point in being bandit (other than RP), so skip bandit part.
I know about wars - just typing all rules that imo should apply, obvious ones included. (just to communicate that I'm against anything not included in that list)
I typed about warning - difference are that there don't have to be 3, and they don't have to be text warnings.

Fact that someone has or hasn't weapon shouldn't magically change their status to invulnerable. Killing without warning (and each warning count as "do something or leave or die" - so if someone try to exit your are you can't kill him) is still prohibited.
I know - just another obvious to make list complete
Right, forget about it... hope v4 will fix it
Hacking and glitchig is yet another obvious

Ah, I see now - should work then.  :wink:
Alright.
Alright.
The problem is with no verbal warnings is that if people keep killing people as they enter admins cannot do anything, as they don't know anything about warnings being given. So players can be picked off, they then complain to admin about it, then admin asks land owner, and the land owner says 'I gave him 4 warnings by shooting by his foot' ect. ect.

Noone is immune, and dropping your weapon is a sign of surrender - you can still be killed though.
I've played on the 22nd server, and entered their castle - they said leave or die - and as I was leaving they killed me - this should be prohibited as you say

Alright.
Same.
It's obvious - but glitching isn't really a problem unless used to get advantages - hacking is though.

the NLR is simply there so people dont go revenge killing really. thats about it. i dont see a problem with having it. if you choose not to obey it, so be it, but expect a kick. its like that with every other rule too. thats why they are server rules and not game elements

NOVICIUS said:
Splintert said:
the NLR is simply there so people dont go revenge killing really. thats about it. i dont see a problem with having it. if you choose not to obey it, so be it, but expect a kick. its like that with every other rule too. thats why they are server rules and not game elements
With ALL RESPECT Splintert...
I believe this topic is about ppl opinion not about what they do in game. I accept NLR when I play but it does not stop me or others from argue. Nobody wanted to see ppl opinions. So there you have it...
If you do not want to take players opinion on board close this topic and do like you doing so far: "This are rules and I do not care if you thing they make sense or not.Follow or go away"
If you do want "us" to expres our doubts about rules then join argument instead of explaining rules in that patronizing way of admins... Everybody know why NLR is in the game... Somebody do not believe it work and he is looking for other way to resolve the same problem...Open your mind :wink:

I haven't asked for opinions.
I've asked for suggestions on new rules - they will be voted upon later.
I've also asked for suggestions on features for a new map.

Well i'm not an admin but i do like to play as bandits it also helps a bit with the randomers because they tend TO BE bandits :grin: (its easier to route em out)
but then again this is my opinion - knock  yourselves out having arguments!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

well, for the trillionth time - i play as a bandit class but dont throw me in with those dogs. i like to stick to my robin hood figure and protect those who need it - if there is another bandit attacking a merchant who has no weapon you can be damned sure il step in for him.

Back
Top Bottom