[RCC] New map? New rules? Post suggestions here!

No deathmatching / Randoming allowed? But anyone can kill anyone, as long as they have a reason AND

• Yes, I like this idea

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to suggest something...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, here is why...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
I've been thinking, and I want to know some ideas to help bring this mod alive through what I can do (Server rules and a map for the server)
Suggest rules here, and a list will be built.

Suggest ideas for a map, and how to make it balanced and encourage war and roleplay.

Current map suggestions / Ideas / Features:

Current rule suggestions:

FFA!!!! :grin: No really i would probably loosen the rules a bit because i think that is what is driving the community away from the server asfor most people probably think they are a bit unfair and if i was admin............... well all hell would break loose XD and what's happened to your big city map ?  :shock:

NOVICIUS said:
I had very bad day
But still I think something could be change:
1. NLR - just drop it - it does not work at all - example:you get randomly killed because somebody does not like you - you know the guy and you know he still does not like you but you follow NLR - you try to RP with that guy and he kills you when he will find the reason - you start again and situation repeat it self.

NLR should apply not only to guy who get killed(so he does not revenge) but also to the killer(so he does not lough about you)
It is not possible.It is human nature.
And one more thing:when you serfing or trading you get money for your next life: there is continuity. This rule is not consistant,is not realistic,is not fair most of the time...DROP IT

2.It will be second point(tomorrow)

Then that is breaking NLR.
Also that death would be OOC.
NLR APPLIES TO BOTH PARTIES.

I personally believe there's one simple thing that would bring this mod alive. Its a code related problem however:

Save stats upon log-out.

What's the point in spending time collecting money to loose it when you log? And if you don't have people collecting money, then the bandits dont have targets to steal from. If they can't steal, then there's no point in paying taxes to knights. And if they're not paying taxes, how the hell can the knights afford the cash to go to war? And if there's no wars, then the place looks pretty abandoned because everyone's roles are broken.

Therefore, through that series of linked events. The game is dying because one group's role is not being assisted. After all, no war can be waged without money :razz:.

Anyhow, that aside, I'd also suggest another thing that would really, really help with the lack of players:

Controllable NPC's.

You see, if you can make it so that hiring NPC's was possible, then you would have a number of things going. A) Battles would be bigger. B) It would be more risky to raid merchants as a bandit because you're not dealing with one barely armed man, but a whole retuine, and C) you'd be able to give the world a greater feel of population than if its just 3 vs. 3 battles all day long (if that).

And while there would likley be concerns about limitations to the amount of NPC's you can own, a simple system would be to take the total possible player population of the server, then divide the max amount f NPC's by that. This would be the max amount of NPC's you can have per person.

Also, putting in some random NPC hostiles wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I know that they have them in FPW, so having them here would give people a thing to do when there's few people on. It doesn't even have to be human based. Instead, make it huntable animals, that give you food every time you shoot them. You can then either eat or sell the food. Etc.

In the end the idea for a roleplay MMO type mod like this is to give as many options and make the world feel as populated as possible, even when its not. And try to make each person's work count for more than just the time they spend during a single play session.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I love how people ask for new gameplay items when it's impossible to code and they don't know how to either.

Actually, 75% of the actual community can't code s***. But the top 10% produce mods so that the other 75% can enjoy them. However, that doesn't mean the non-coder's can't brain storm about things that would make them more inclined to play.

ok. been waiting for my chance xD

The castles need to be unique like they were before, but more so - REMOVE GREEN COURTYARD! greens merits were its small hallways and its defendabilty with just a few men - as even if they made it through the tunnels they were cornered - and again you could retreat up the stairs to the very top of the tower. now, if they make it up the stairs - they can bail into the wide open courtyard - losing the battle advantage of green. if its a matter of room and the slowness to trade etc there - just put the iron box, ale, and trading vendors and banks downstairs (underground) . the room the iron box was in had plenty of room, and putting ale in there and a couple of tables would make it fine. The stables requiring the horse to jump over them is also a ***** - make a small opening - the stables underground in green were good except for the gates which made them unusable - REMOVE THEM!

Blue - The ladder up front does help to get the gate open etc if you fall off and such, but now only a few people (such as myself) will use the better and more fun (but much longer and losing of horse) back entrance. the front entrance pretty much nullifies that way in now (ive also noticed that people dont even notice when i use the back entrance anymore -_- ) . either make that ladder much farther to the left ! (nearer the bandit camp) so its not right at the front - but near the high keep so you can place an archer up there and not get pwn flanked.

The bandit camp - TOO FAR OUT OF THE WAY! white was too far out of the way till that bridge came into play and its near the mine - so its used. the bandit camp is not - its up a very steep hill at the corner of the map behind the cliffs and arena. many players think its a new adition (wtf?) because they can see it without the trees. its too far out of the way because : IT IS VERRRRRRYY DEFENDABLE - but too far for anyone to bother attacking it. its a fun place to fight (onceagain too far away) and you have to go right past blue castle to get there - making it hard to loot and rob etc. this may seem stupid but possible - place it above the mine at the FRONT of the cliffs - but do it in such a way that the walls cant be manned to fire off at that side so the mine doesnt get raped from bandit camp - do it so it can only be range defended from the (pretending the sun is east) from the east.  then make a gradual slope or zigzag with a couple of trees and rocks for cover to get up there. it wont be so out of theway anymore as you dont have to ride past blue to get there - its close to the arena and the mine , though its positioned in such a way that its only useful from the back of the cliffs. its at a semi-chokepoint like the tw.

White - why hath white been nerfed? the linear defense was soooo good. its interesting to attack as you cant get flanked (unless ambush from towers) nor get flanked defending unless you abandon the keep. put the bed back in the keep and the barricade back on the left walkway. (maybe lower it into the ground a little so the firing hole can actually be shot through? ) the stairs at the keep (wooden ones) so you can see over the englarged building and shoot over - either make them narrower or spread them out so we can use the shoot holes already in the battlements. this will work both ways as now the battlements arent invulnerable fire cover, but they also do their job better.

Gold - why is it even there?way too out of the way to be any good unless your having a seige on the white castle - make it a simple border of the kingdom (something like great wall of china? ) with a few weapons in there and trading posts (if its a border trade  is inevitable no?)

i dont know if the following suggestion is possible as i know nothing of coding or scripting - but for traders tax could it be placed directly into the bank accounts of people of that colour? if not thats fine - just a thought for those traders who like to grab their coins and run so to not pay tax to the occupied castles (it DOES happen) .  also dont know if this is possible - Faction weapons? as wearing some armor can change your name colour, might certain weapons also be able to? so for faction that wish to recruit their peasant population or mercenaries - buying (red) Tempered long arming sword might change the name colour? or maybe just basic weaponry as its for peasants and civilians who wish to help defend (so it doesnt get confusing) :razz: (perhaps a rule for if you are a neutral or civ using a faction shield ((factions that are in power - not empty factions)) belongs to that faction if the weapon thing wont work? obviously if im a red with a blue shield that i looted im still red :razz: )

perhaps a rule to stop OBVIOUS type killing - i will now refer to an example: At the mine barricade, me and my (i think it was 6) knights (i am KING - not lord of faction but king of the world atm) . negotiation with bandits , been talking for a moment - mid message i get headshotted by the guy infront of me.  i know alot you cant tell if someone is typing ( i type mid fights alot :razz:)  but only for obvious **** like that - its a real ***** (and also, what type of bandit in his right mind would just headshot the KING of the land 4 feet away mid speech 2 vs 7???? too unrealistic) deaths like that should be considered OOC deaths methinks.

why is the inn filled with weapons? i get maybe for a civilian rebelion place - but the inn is (with its ladder now) more defendable than most castles :razz: (namely blue white and green)

The new life rule is obviously a good thing - thought abusable and fail in some aspects. if you want to revenge kill someone its not very hard to find a reason whether its true or not - the fact is its obvious its a revenge kill but you still have a valid excuse. not being allowed to join a faction after you die from there is also a ***** - dont think that should count . im all for them not being able to return to the seige immediately - but maybe being allowed to rally at the faction they belong to's village? (il be honest and admit **** like not joining factions right after you die only really happens when you or splint are there :razz: still saying though - this game shouldnt have to be like the motorway where when someone sees a cop car they all slow down - they should be moving at the right speed to begin with. we shouldnt just start behaving the moment an admins shows up - we should either all follow the rules or change them so that we can be comfortable) . my view here will obviously be bias as i like being a faction leader - but once again this pretty much only happens if an admins there - i think if some members of a faction survive an attack or seige or run away without dying, and they get away safely or rally - people should be able to resume their positions - aka kngihts can be a knight of the same rank again, king a king etc .

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER 3V35 3V3R EVER!!! add progressive stats like crpg. EVER!

also, dont save all a guys money when he quits - if its doable maybe like 25% of it so the people who crash arent too pissed and if you only want light gear you can start right way - but keep the money limit as it is and reset it when the server does.

"In the end the idea for a roleplay MMO type mod like this is to give as many options and make the world feel as populated as possible, even when its not. And try to make each person's work count for more than just the time they spend during a single play session"
- no. no. no no no no. i can accept an arena of ffa bots with no ranged weapons that cant leave- but dont let them  wander. in fpw i have been headshotted from a distance no human being could by a elf bot . never give bots ranged weapons and do NOT let them wander.

and yes, TRADING NEEDS TO BE WORTH MORE THAN SERFING - factions get practically 0 income as a whole for lack of traders - trading doesnt seem to be worth it at all for many people - though some do because they prefer it and want to support factions.

another thing to (very bias) :assasins HAVE to wear pilgrim clothes - plain clothes assasins are bs and anybody can say they were paid to kill you.
also for mercenaries (again very bias, all the people that know me wil understand why im saying this :razz: )  - IF YOU BUY ANOTHER FACTIONS MERCENARIES - YOU CANNOT BUY THEM TO FIGHT AGAINST THEIR "employers" ! They should only be able to be bought to abandon their posts in the battle - not to change sides !!!!!!!!!!!

ive got more up my sleeve but i think il add those later after i hear what you have to say to all the above :razz:

NOVICIUS said:
Type killing - GREAT POINT!!! - i do not remember how many times I died because I was trying talk to ppl

I am sorry but I will back to NLR:

We do not have system to save char. Only way to make this game "Persistant World" is to carry on with you char after death.
If you spend 30min - 1hour talking to ppl and building faction,warband or just trading - town watch band, you do not want to start over again just because somebody shoot you in the head while you were talking(typing) - for example. And you will not...

Moreover...It leads to deathmatching.Why?...Well,If you can not build something how about destroying others ppl game...(Jamma)

Also...You will trust ppl you know.Nobody will be allways Nobody,Leroy will be Leroy...After death players are still the same players who carry on with their way of play.If Leroy will kill me I will know all the time that this guy is still there.

If you really want to make NLR work then go extreme: If Nobody get killed he can not come back to the game as Nobody,because Nobody is dead...Player has to change his char after death...How about that?(not for ever but until restart)

The other way will be GTA system: you did not die, you get wounded, you go to hospital, and you back to action :lol:

i do hope that extreme nlr was sarcasm novicius??? :razz:
but yeah, im cool with the hospital thing - but i do think some nlr should be involved like for forget what happened 10 minutes until your death? so you still dont get revenge killed to **** or bounty hunted by the "undead" :razz:

Very easy way to fix NLR:

Upon collapse, the individual lose's half an hour of memory due to mental trauma, leading to mild amnesia. The individual can, if he finds a way, rediscover the events that took place, but he cannot 'automatically' remember.

Also, I think it would do some good to put up normal rp terms for a game like this, especially with a NLR sort of ruleset. For example:

Metagame - The use of out of character knowledge for in character purposes. You and your character are seperate people, so if you take something only you would know, such as the name next to the person's chat (who you've yet to meet as your character), and use it for your character, it would lead to your man being psychic, and annoying.

e.g. (player sees name above the other player's head)
Player A: Hi Billy
Billy: How did you know that?

Actually, I've played servers with harsh life settings like that :razz:. It can be fun. The only real problem is that:

A) Wars are very, very, very short :razz:.

and

B) It can scare off alot of people from joining at the start.

AND...

C) Random deathmatchers can log on and kill everyone for no reason, then log on with a new name if they're killed.

*Cough*
Some of these suggestions are wayyy out of my league. I'm a server owner, not a coding god. Laszlo is the creator :wink:

P.S Why do so many people think I am the creator?

I'm not changing the current map - too much work, as I am aiming to create a new, unique map.

What about big mountain map with only pine trees as the trees? would be awesome! :grin:

what happened to the other map? the one with a middle city - a mine and red castle in the desert, wooden castle over the hills and inn outside the city? try that again - i didnt mind it too much - it seemed more..... interesting and more playable with less players (lets face it - we probably wont get 50 people onthere ever again)

i personaly think the rules that are used are fine the only thing that could be improved on is having more admin on the server

sorry for double posting

i think that when you join the server the rules should show so that there may be no confusion and so that people know what they are

Guys, this thread is about suggestions for the RULES and our MAP. NOT REMAKING THE MOD. RCC ARE NOT THE MAKERS OF PWMOD - LASZLO IS, USE THE SUGGESTION THREAD FOR CODING/ADDING ITEMS!

artifex said:
Guys, this thread is about suggestions for the RULES and our MAP. NOT REMAKING THE MOD. RCC ARE NOT THE MAKERS OF PWMOD - LASZLO IS, USE THE SUGGESTION THREAD FOR CODING/ADDING ITEMS!

Thanks  :lol:

Ok then. I have an easy one. More admins...

Even if the rules are not up to par, having greater oversight would do wonders for the playerbase. Especially if you manage to find an admin for each timezone, that's more periods of time that there's players online, and thus attracts more players in general.

The reason I held off from playing so long is because the servers were always empty. And PW doesn't give much to do when there's no one else.

Back
Top Bottom