RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

I didnt know your timeframe ends up in 300 BC. That changes all. I guess that timeframe its best of both worlds. Old helmets still around while some crazy amount of new variations starting to appear. This brings the case of an helmet that I think its the most awesome looking, the so called Thracian Copais https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQjrbUx8uljggC-pWO1uilW-kTd?e=o0eX6g . Actually Europa Barbaroum II team was reluctant to include it in their mod because it was already old at probably out of use the time their mod kicks in. To me it always looked like the archetype and perfect helmet for a phalangite. It was initially used by hoplites and thracian mercenaries as depicted on pottery though. If you guys were so cool to include it It could actually deserves a couple of more subtypes variations. Even those extended cheek guards alone seem to have been ocassionally added to most of the greek helmets (and even some roman).

Thraco-attic. This helmet had an crazy ammount of variations (only second to chalcidian) even by your timeframe without the Ascalon type so its shame it doesnt get the attention it desrves dont you think. Im not talking only about added decorations and such but about some subtile or pronuntiated shape designs variations. Refferences are also easy to find for these.

As you can see Im a big sucker of Thracian type helmets. Any other helmets types instantly become more elaborated and in the same type more practical (obviously that translates into a high degree of coolness) if they get some inspiration from the thracian ones. There are some fascinating celto tracian or gallo thracian subtypes, punic and numidian takes or slight influences of it have their own flavour and for the first time I see by looking these threads the Thraco-etruscan one lol. You have to admit the slight deviation towards thracian designs instantly makes them look more interesting than the dull basic shape https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQjrbUx8uljhlYuOjtuSGCpZJap?e=kFS4iV
EEhdmZ7X4AENWCO

about the roman-boeotian: Pls excuse me, Its actually not the same variation :smile: They probably had little connection and not one being just a reiteration of the same helmet. The variation Ive linked is a more common and more wide spread evolved model of the old boeotian. It was used pretty much in all hellenistic world. Probably even some celts used it. It has also resemblances with the more elaborated variations of the konos type also very popular.
Your version, what I find it interesting, it was included in Europa Barbarorum II mod but for some late hellenistic units in the east
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQjrbUx8uljhkzqLvR1Hv9HFfUy?e=K6invo I doubt they made this decision based on how cool it is lol but this raises other questions about the origins, usage and the conventional name roman or samnite-boeotian. (are they labeled like this in those books youve linked me?)

Can I put these in some suggestions for the sake of not losing these ideas ! who knows maybe rgcotl would take care of some!

most of helmets with fits the mods time frame are made.
you just need to open the BRF archive to find thems.
i doubt that this celtic helmet you pointing fits the time frame

If I remember correctly, the Copais helmet (I've been to Copais lake, although it's not much of a thing, tbh), is from ~5th century. Quite early for Rome at War. Also, hey, rgcotl, long time no see!

so it has been quite a while from the previous update.
here is some shots on what we started to test recently (a part of spain and some some france map parts)
20201109203938_2.jpg

20201109203716_1.jpg

20201109203656_2.jpg

20201109201018_1.jpg

20201109200829_1.jpg

20201109200728_1.jpg

20201109200710_1.jpg

20201109200519_2.jpg

20201108110718_2.jpg

i'm sorry, but i haven't followed rome for a while.
is this Iberian map going (which is awesome! as weel as
the greek and italian map:smile: to be in rome at war?

Last edited:
The map is functional, just needs a few graphical tweaks. What I want to do is to port the mod over to the Deeds of Arms and Chivalry mod base which I'm working on releasing an update.
HI! Nice mod referring to an interesting time period. I have enjoyed it a lot! There is going to be an update?

Hello,i saw the new updates of the mod,very good work i just encountered some lag problem when i get some crops bushes and trees,yea i have a crappy pc,but play smootlhy if is not for theose flora elements,if possible having an optimization or redimensioned textures pack like the one we already have but that adds flora and wall texture optimized or reduced,anyway awesome work,love the mod,i saw that my homeland is missing :smile:,i felt free to help you with this,im really good in that especially on my region,being shortly i mapped and triangulated the settlements(only the ones with fisical proofs like ancient ruins and stuff(most i studied and saw in first person,here is a detailed map of the Aprutium side,wich are the italic tribes,that joined and fought Samnium and Rome,im talking about the Aequi,Marsos,Paeligni,Frentani,Piceni and Marucini Tribes Still working on Piceni Marucini and Frentani settlements,also i will come up next days with information about theyr trade exports,and the informations about settlements,But you can already add those in the mods,i was really in to it,25 hours work,but is there a discord?How do i share my image,it say i cant here

Back
Top Bottom