RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

Seek n Destroy said:
Added Admin tools

Now Joub can slay at his leisure. :fruity:

Seek n Destroy said:
changed some equipment loadouts

By this, do you mean factions with similar gear have more specific gear load outs to avoid confusion or did you increase the variety of gear available for most classes?

I wish I was joking but my hdd is now either dead or malfunctioning, the usual shizz when you most need it. I'm pretty sure that I called it, not the first time it happens but the timing is right to piss me off as usual. Last time I was out of a decent computer for a couple of months but managed to retrieve my files from the damaged hdd, this time I also have some online backups from about two weeks ago for the worst case scenario. I'll just focus on fixing the damned machine unless it's time to invest on a new one....

Seek n Destroy said:
I wish I was joking but my hdd is now either dead or malfunctioning, the usual shizz when you most need it ... Last time I was out of a decent computer for a couple of months...
13244767_1068916009855512_3405411905204325890_n_zpshjti6utl.jpg

As long as you pump the graphic settings to the highest for the screenshots like before, it'll be fine. :fruity:

Jokes aside, good luck on fixing the problem or finding a replacement soon.

Déorláf said:
As long as you pump the graphic settings to the highest for the screenshots like before, it'll be fine. :fruity:

Jokes aside, good luck on fixing the problem or finding a replacement soon.
I wasn't using the max settings before, if I ever manage to reach them with the laptop it might just look like medium settings with the other, maybe I'll record it. It'll make for a nice slideshow.

jepekula said:
This starts sounding like a goddamn conspiracy  :lol:
Hope you can find a fix or replacement for it
Call it bad luck or a conspiracy but I had just started making the episema for the Athenians the day before, I was just about to finish the first set and test it ingame. Maybe it's deserved as I almost always feel like calling bull**** when some devs happen to have some critical failure or something days before a promised update, then it just keeps happening to me  :lol:

Anyways, I've sent the pc for repairs and I'm pretty sure it's the HDD as I mentioned. Hopefully I can salvage the files again or I lose ~2 unproductive weeks of work.

I've been stuck for two months on a cheap laptop which is starting to malfunction right in the middle of exam season  :ohdear:
If I manage to stay sane-ish and get my pc back we should be able to do some progress, it could be quick if I can recover my files since the backups weren't actually from 2 unproductive weeks before my pc died but rather a month before which isn't great because in that build I didn't have the scenes sorted and nearly finished nor a good deal of tweaks and rebalance which I mostly forgot about by now  :cry:
Hopefully that's all the bad news for a while, I could use the good stuff now.

#Edit:
To my great relief I just got a message that the HDD piece I ordered arrived so my pc should be fixed by tomorrow and my files (hopefully) recovered.

Thankfully money isn't an issue for now, just bad luck really. I was expecting to have my pc back in working order and my files recovered but then I get a call saying that it wasn't the piece they expected to be at fault so I'll have to start over from the backups I made one month prior to my HDD malfunction  :dead:
I just want to catch a break.

yeah, take a break for now and enjoy the summer,
then come back for a fresh start when your ready.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and who knows,
it could all just be a a blessing in disguise!  :party:
until then, best of luck!  :wink: ...

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end." - Seneca the Elder

That really sucks... big time.  Such things are the bane of our technological state.  Maybe in the future, weekly backups or some such might help.  I wish you the best of luck.  The only mod I really care about at this point.

I was just days away from making new backups  :neutral:
Also it's not that kind of break that I meant, I'm more than willing to start working on the mod again once I'm done with my exams and my pc is back, what I need is a break from bad luck and just have things go smoothly for a change. It's a bit demoralizing to have to redo a bunch of the work I couldn't save like a couple of village scenes, a Greek coastal city and all the scenes I had sorted out. The only thing that was missing is a Greek fort scene. There's also the Athenian episema...

Back
Top Bottom