RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

Yngvald said:
It serves to me (and probably others, too) as sort of redemption to the destruction of history and authenticity in gaming, and that constant rape of previously revered franchises.

That's why it's nice how popular EB became. Hopefully this mod will also reach such a state of fame.

Seek n Destroy said:
I read most of the book posted and it stated that a good part of the recovered armors had the attachment missing which led to the theory that there could have been some made out of perishable materials such as leather or that they weren't that important for a burial.

I bet the modeler based it on this piece:
0ea12c9ef72ea4c56ffd1915317f2085.jpg

Which clearly has part of the attachments missing, yet the hook was completely ignored and he put it on top of the shoulders instead of under the arms and filled the gaps.

I know what a samnite warrior wore from books but after seeing that picture I thought myself they were some kind of pauldrons since it make sense to protect the upper part of the arms in battle, it isn't an huge mistake in my opinion.
The modeler of rome2 is really talented, professional and worked for many products as you can see in his blog, maybe he's just not too much prepared in ancient history's equipment but you can't blame him for this, instead blame the researchers that did bad their job, they were a full team also composed of users from the twcenter forum and this was supposed to be a guarantee of quality.

Wouldn't be a huge mistake if it was in some way attached to the arm like the manica or similar eastern arm protections in the game, I don't know how their research team proceeds because it's not really hard to dig information about that type of armor, there's even contemporary paintings showing how it was worn:
Samnite_soldiers_from_a_tomb_frieze_in_Nola_4th_century_BCE.jpg
It's true that on the other hand that he is talented, he did a good job on the breastplates and pelts but sometimes when you have pieces that don't fit together you should question it and investigate a bit. Plus there's plenty of apparent problems mistakes especially with the rigging which can be noticed even in the intro video but all of it could be attributed to the rushed release and I believe they have a separated team just for it.

Seek n Destroy said:
New Celtic pants:
jujkI.png

Wow, the fabric looks really good, as do the patterns. Torc suits him well. The new shoes also look great. Also just noticed the scabbard has been put in its proper place, with a holder now as well. You guys have been doing a lot it seems.

thanks
yea scabard suspension system works very well
we can have even nude warriors with the belt and sword
and we can of cause have tunic with the belt system
everything works and connects with it now

A traveling theme made for the areas around the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. <3 Omg I miss the time when I was on a vacation in Crete... Sigh...

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/breeze-from-the-mediterranean-sea

Enjoy!

Track sounds great, can't wait to experience it fully. At the time he posted that my internet was being dodgy so I couldn't afford to listen  :oops:
New scene also looks amazing: a fort?

Back
Top Bottom