RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

Lords are one of the next big steps, I don't really like how easily they get troops after being defeated even if sometimes it is hilarious to see the marshal fighting a campaign to the very last troop and just stop by his city and get 200+ troops without affecting the garrison. I need to think about a way to make it fair and that has an impact on the campaign.

Seek n Destroy said:
Lords are one of the next big steps, I don't really like how easily they get troops after being defeated even if sometimes it is hilarious to see the marshal fighting a campaign to the very last troop and just stop by his city and get 200+ troops without affecting the garrison. I need to think about a way to make it fair and that has an impact on the campaign.

Oooh thanks ! I hope you will manage to do it !  :wink:

So I will be able to go hoplite guerilla and kill the enemies' reinforcements while they're on their way to castles and cities?
Cool.

Seek n Destroy said:
Mini update to the recruitment system, besides some bug fixes, now instead of sitting in the villages waiting to be recruited by the player or whipped out by a raid the recruits will reinforce the town/castle the village is bound to. So now raiding a village and killing the reinforcement parties has some more impact on towns/castles. There is still room for improvement but it's one more step  :razz:
aRjCI.jpg
Based on an old script from Zaitenko.

so actually you could manage to weaken the huge city garrison by raiding both parties and villages around the city? or do the little parties only bother you while sieging making you loose time?

The idea is that instead of having a script that adds troops to the garrison those troops come from the village recruits that would normally be sitting around waiting for the player. If the garrison is bellow a set level (which increases as the campaign progresses since the parties will grow too) the village troops will join the garrison until the level is reached again. Raiding the villages and killing the reinforcements prevents the cities from receiving any additional support. Now it's a matter of balancing the system so it actually makes a difference.

Seek n Destroy said:
The idea is that instead of having a script that adds troops to the garrison those troops come from the village recruits that would normally be sitting around waiting for the player. If the garrison is bellow a set level (which increases as the campaign progresses since the parties will grow too) the village troops will join the garrison until the level is reached again. Raiding the villages and killing the reinforcements prevents the cities from receiving any additional support. Now it's a matter of balancing the system so it actually makes a difference.

now I understand, once the number of the garrison is reached village troops will stop migrating. but if so a best way to weaken a city garrison would consist in defeating every time a general, so he should go every time to replenish his troops from the city garrison, then blockading the helper patrols coming from the country.
sounds logical  :wink:

That's the objective, problem might be the fiefless lords which might resort to villages or old behavior to keep things from being too easy and keep them from burdening their whole nation because they can't manage to stay out of trouble. There's lots to do for sure.
Anyway there was yet some more unused taunting/cheering animations in the game files:
KL3CZ.jpg

Jl1jF.jpg

Seek n Destroy said:
That's the objective, problem might be the fiefless lords which might resort to villages or old behavior to keep things from being too easy and keep them from burdening their whole nation because they can't manage to stay out of trouble. There's lots to do for sure.
Anyway there was yet some more unused taunting/cheering animations in the game files:
KL3CZ.jpg

Jl1jF.jpg

TOTALLY GLORIOUS!  :shock:
I really like how do you cheer in MP, especially when you are waiting the enemy at the gates! will be these animations in SP?

however this new patch totally is going to kickass as the features implemented are yet showing!
biggest hopes come from this new pearl of the replenishment of the city garrison!

Show us what it comes from the problem of fiefless lords hoewever, this modification truly trespasses the limit of the ol' WB engine.

Is there any way to cheer along with your men after you win a battle?

Also, just had a alcohol-induced thought that if/when morale is implemented it would be a great intimidation tactic to have your whole line taunt and cheer the other line, and maybe get a morale boost from it/morale penalty for the opponent.

Backing on the javelin/peltasts discussion some pages back, well turns out I completely forgot about one more option... Gloves, simply gloves.
9ixwA.jpg
o9zHw.jpg
lhDgu.jpg

With some scripts it could work out nice I believe, don't pay attention to the bag, I forgot to remove it. And javelin size/position too, 'twas just for testing.

Oe6KJ.png

Seek n Destroy said:
Backing on the javelin/peltasts discussion some pages back, well turns out I completely forgot about one more option... Gloves, simply gloves.
9ixwA.jpg
o9zHw.jpg
lhDgu.jpg

With some scripts it could work out nice I believe, don't pay attention to the bag, I forgot to remove it. And javelin size/position too, 'twas just for testing.

Oe6KJ.png

****ING GREAT! CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES :shock:

you definitely made it, Seek! and t'was only a secondary suggestion of the last week!

that's why RaW is da ****ing best! :grin:

I love the incredible amount of detail in the last one!
Rgcotl, your works are masterpiece!!! will you work on some new  characteristical Etruscan helmet?

wondering if the xiphos oversize is due to the focal point... is it just so big?

Don't taunt Rgcotl with helmets  :wink:
We have an excellent book describing Italian made helmets which is free to check and download:
The bronze Italian helmet Volume I
The bronze Italian helmet Volume II
So we have some good information about the Etrusco-Thracian, the Negau and the Italo-Chalkidian helmet which might all fit our timeframe (definitely so for the Etrusco-Thracian, highly possible for the Negau which evolution persisted until the 4th century and might have continued production beyond and maybe some more open versions of the Italo-Chalkidian).

xIKCD.png

Kf2XJ.png

Back
Top Bottom