RaW 2.55 open testing and work in progress versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Childe_Rolande said:
1.) Not a severe issue at all, but while I get the concept of the retraining at cities and such, I don't seem to be able to select any options for any of these troops.  Are they not re-trainable?  https://puu.sh/xDNB9.jpg

2.) I also started out with owning Lacedaemon, and when a week went by, neither of the three villages lent any money at all from taxes or some such.  I did get a meager 'Tariff' payment from Lacedaemon itself though.  It's been a looong, long while since I've been an owner of anything in Warband, but shouldn't villages be taxed? Neither of them have poor prosperity either.

3.) I also noticed I'm paying retainers to help manage the faction, but there was one type of person I needed to start hiring and training troops that I couldn't access because I don't know where to hire them, or how! I think I saw a Diplomat and one other type of person there.

4.) I noticed the unarmed lateral movement animation seems a bit bugged, (A or D when not holding any weapon). I assume it's just a WIP animation?  Looks good so far, but obviously missing some frames.

5.) Lykourgos is naked, and Areus I's pretty version of an Attic helmet is fit much too low.  Looks a bit like he wore it without the helmet liner so it's blinding him.  :dead:

https://puu.sh/xDQdT.jpg

https://puu.sh/xDPX0.jpg

1- Very few troops can be upgraded at the moment, I still need to review and update this system.

2- You're sure that you own the villages too? I'll check later on if there's anything broken.

3- That should be the War Advisor and normally you should be asked to hire him a few days or less after owning a fief.

4- Noticed, Rgcotl was working on some new movement animations after 2.5 and I might have missed some frames in the code or the animation itself is faulty. I need to check this.

5- Quite a few helmets need to be repositioned and little to no work was put in the NPC characters, I hope to overhaul them at some point.

Diokles said:
On the topic of maps I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out yet or if the devs have already seen it while play testing but I've noticed that some maps that had trees in certain areas don't have them anymore in this patch.

20170919152945_1.jpg

20170919152005_1.jpg

20170919152344_1.jpg

20170919152527_1.jpg
That's normal, I changed the flora completely and that broke all old scenes. A few have been updated which you can identify by the different naming convention [ S ] for small maps, etc... while most haven't been updated yet. I want the scenes to be playable with AI mesh and most gamemodes. 

?️NS Marko said:
Congrats on all the progress, it's been a tough road for you lads. I'll check it out some time for sure  :smile:
Thanks! Don't hurry on it, there's still much to add and these versions will be missing a lot of content. They're mostly to show where we're heading for and finding annoying bugs. There's been quite a few reports already and it's quite helpful since I mostly forgot where I had left off.

1. Ah, cool, okay. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't still fudging up how it's done.

2. Hmm, yeah actually, I just checked again and it started me off with the main town and three of its' villages too. Amyklai, Pellana, and Geronthrai.

3. Ahh, I see.  I'll keep track of the messages then.  :razz:  If you put it off, does it pop up again or are you royally screwed? Hahah.

4. Awesome, alrighty.

5. Cool, gotcha!

Still loving what I see.  I think I've noticed some new animations when holding the shield up and moving forward as well? Not too sure, but I can tell things are only getting better and better.  :party: 

Childe_Rolande said:
1. Ah, cool, okay. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't still fudging up how it's done.

2. Hmm, yeah actually, I just checked again and it started me off with the main town three of its' villages too. Amyklai, Pellana, and Geronthrai.

3. Ahh, I see.  I'll keep track of the messages then.  :razz:  If you put it off, does it pop up again or are you royally screwed? Hahah.

4. Awesome, alrighty.

5. Cool, gotcha!

Still loving what I see.  I think I've noticed some new animations when holding the shield up and moving forward as well? Not too sure, but I can tell things are only getting better and better.  :party:
2- Then I do need to check it out.

3- Talk to your minister about hiring staff members, that should solve it.

tigab95 said:
When I rescued a village from bandits it spawned us right next to them on top of a mountain and they died in seconds hahaha 10/10 would play again
That's due to missing scenes, I'll see about having some temporary ones until proper scenes are made. Hopefully a patch by the end of the week.

Sure thing, I'll try that out!

-

I'm certain this isn't the fault of anyone on the RaW team; I imagine this scripting was probably created by someone else, but has anyone noticed that 'Skirmish' is a bit of a hit and miss at times?    I tried it a few times and at first it worked flawlessly, but at times they seem to try to avoid the enemy by smashing right into them, in hilarious fashion. https://vid.me/uEHVo

Childe_Rolande said:
I'm certain this isn't the fault of anyone on the RaW team; I imagine this scripting was probably created by someone else, but has anyone noticed that 'Skirmish' is a bit of a hit and miss at times?    I tried it a few times and at first it worked flawlessly, but at times they seem to try to avoid the enemy by smashing right into them, in hilarious fashion. https://vid.me/uEHVo
Well considering they're psiloi from Lakonike they might've considered retreating to a better position as cowardice and decided to fight to the death. :shifty:

ᚦorkell said:
tigab95 said:
Etrusci pila is the only throwable weapon that doesnt show in your left hand it seems.

There was at least one more: the heavy greek one (can't remember the name, but only had 4 in a bundle for the skirmishers).

Ah yeah the grophos  I think? Yeah it also wont appear in your left hand

ᚦorkell said:
tigab95 said:
Etrusci pila is the only throwable weapon that doesnt show in your left hand it seems.

There was at least one more: the heavy greek one (can't remember the name, but only had 4 in a bundle for the skirmishers).
I was actually considering replacing or removing both. I still need to take a decision on this.

Seek n Destroy said:
ᚦorkell said:
tigab95 said:

I was actually considering replacing or removing both. I still need to take a decision on this.

Well I dont think any troop uses the greek one atm but Samnites use the etruscan one for some reason

tigab95 said:
... Samnites use the etruscan one for some reason
That was the case for awhile, since I recall the Etruscans didn't have the Etrusci pila in their multiplayer item pool since their inclusion in the 2.5 update yet they were in the hands of other factions. :ohdear:

Hopefully it will be rectified by the next patch. :razz:

Diokles said:
tigab95 said:
... Samnites use the etruscan one for some reason
That was the case for awhile, since I recall the Etruscans didn't have the Etrusci pila in their multiplayer item pool since their inclusion in the 2.5 update yet they were in the hands of other factions. :ohdear:

Hopefully it will be rectified by the next patch. :razz:

I'm pretty sure I had that changed and the MP Samnite overhauled in the version of the mod that I lost when my HDD died, I just need to do it again.

Childe_Rolande said:
Sure thing, I'll try that out!

-

Hahahaha "SPPPPPAAAAAAAARRTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAA" *dies* 

Diokles said:
Childe_Rolande said:
Well considering they're psiloi from Lakonike they might've considered retreating to a better position as cowardice and decided to fight to the death. :shifty:

:lol:  Hahahah, I guess they were tired of being non-citizens and often, slaves.  Or, they were trying to win freedom by meritocracy, which happened a few times when their dwindling population (due to probably stringent laws about immigration and citizenship) needed men desperately and offered freedom to those who would partake in upcoming battles only to have those Messenians and helots kick major ass, embarrassing the Spartans.

Anyway, I guess it's a risky feature to use. Awesome when it worked though, just like a total war game, with the skirmishers peeling off so the infantry could handle em'. But ahhh well.  Peltasts are relatively cheap anyhow.  :razz:

Childe_Rolande said:
Diokles said:
Childe_Rolande said:

:lol:  Hahahah, I guess they were tired of being non-citizens and often, slaves.  Or, they were trying to win freedom by meritocracy, which happened a few times when their dwindling population (due to probably stringent laws about immigration and citizenship) needed men desperately and offered freedom to those who would partake in upcoming battles only to have those Messenians and helots kick major ass, embarrassing the Spartans.

Anyway, I guess it's a risky feature to use. Awesome when it worked though, just like a total war game, with the skirmishers peeling off so the infantry could handle em'. But ahhh well.  Peltasts are relatively cheap anyhow.  :razz:

I usually have a shieldwall with the skirmishers on the flank tbh

Childe_Rolande said:
Would be interesting to see a population based recruitment system that can replicate the 3/4 to 1 helot to homoioi issue that plagued them.

Maybe throw in a chance of a helot revolt. :fruity:

tigab95 said:
I usually have a shieldwall with the skirmishers on the flank tbh
gen.php

Back
Top Bottom