Ravenstern getting wrecked

Users who are viewing this thread

AmLSD

Recruit
I'm at day 179, and so far, the kingdom of Ravenstern has been getting absolutely demolished by the Fierdsvain. I tried to help them by becoming a mercenary of them, and I even cheated them several castles and a town that the Fierdsvain had conquered, but it did nothing, and they're back down to Rane, Poinsbruk, and a few castles. I'd like for them to exist still by the time I make my own kingdom, but so far, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Ravenstern needs an overhaul for sure.  The geography is terrible and the bandit lord(s) that roam on what is basically their highway wreck the lords... so it sucks to be a raven...

In a recent game ravenstern is conquering all the castles east of Ethos even though theres 4 mystmountain armies roaming their lands. It seems that if their lords spend more time outside the usual home turf theyre doing better because they arent constantly wrecked. Ravenstern by itself is ok, its mostly the geography of the land that keeps the bandits constantly in the same area and they almost never cross the bridges.

Shifting some of the spawns to the west could help and in the same time create some more pressure on the fierdsvain. Though the west-east highway layout and the bottleneck bridges of the northern part of the map will always be a pain.

On my games they never actually do anything, they never really lose or gain lands and remain the most stable faction. Sometimes they lose Senderfall of all places but eventually retake it.

Well, they've stopped their barrage of Ravenstern and started going after Sarleon, who I'm a vassal of. There's not really anybody to stop them, though, because Mr. Godric the Marshal and the rest of our military force is up in what was formerly Ravenstern attacking farmers and villages/touching themselves.

I've actually never had a game where Ravenstern was getting destroyed. Ravenstern has never dominated as well however... They are basically a hermit nation. This is both in prior and present versions.

Oddly enough I have never had the Fierdsvain dominate ever since upgrading to the most recent version, and I've started a few games since the new patch. In older versions of PoP the dominance of the Green Hoarde was annoyingly consistent.

A lot can depend on faction Mercenaries and diplomacy. In my present game D'Shar was destroying Empire with the help of Sheik Shalavan (screw you lore!) with his 1000 troops (thanks to prisoners I am guessing.) After putting the D'Shar in check, ALL factions declared war on D'Shar and suddenly I am using the cheapest tactics I know of to keep the D'Shar from getting wiped out within days...

It's the exact opposite in my game; the Romans are making their way into the desert like a cancer, and the D'shar have been expanding into Fierdsvain territory. This is pretty much how my game looks right now:

Rofl at the chart. Like many others, for me Ravenstern is just sitting up there smoking weed and 'chilling' while all the other factions are tearing themselves apart. They've took one Sarleon town in the past 300 days, but lost it after like 3 days. They really don't care much about the realm...

Wish all the factions could be tweaked to fight a little bit more aggressively. So many times you see a army of 1000 besieging a town and just sitting there for 2 days and then just wandering off because someone is attacking a village. Priorities.

Roberto3371 said:
Wish all the factions could be tweaked to fight a little bit more aggressively. So many times you see a army of 1000 besieging a town and just sitting there for 2 days and then just wandering off because someone is attacking a village. Priorities.
gotta be prepared for the harvest

AmLSD said:
Roberto3371 said:
gotta be prepared for the harvest

Or primae noctis when it concerns Sir Alistair  :twisted:

Ravenstern never manages to become a dominant faction in my game. Fierdsvein just dominates them everytime. And if not Fierdsvein does it, Sarleon moves in and captures Poinsbruk in a matter of days because it gets sacked 24/7 by either the jatu armies, Wolfbode the slayer or Mystmountain armies.

Ravenstern ALWAYS lose no matter what.

I suspect getting Ravenstern to dominate is only possible if you do it yourself.

I'm RP'ing a new character. Sir Angus McGilleagh. Slayer of Vanskerries, Enemy of the Knights of the Dawn and defeater of the Valkyries.
His only goal is Glory to Ravenstern and Bagpipes for Everyone. The Green Horde is hard to kill.  This is going to be so much fun!

On my game the 2 big factions were Ravenstern and Empire. By the time my CKO was halfway decent Fierd was gone, Sarleon had no towns and 8 castles, and Dshar had only 3 of their towns and no castles. I decided to quickly grab the Sarleon and Dshar lands before either of the other 2 factions got any stronger so in the end game Ravenstern and Empire were the only two factions opposing me. Ravenstern had all of Fierd and half of Sarleon, Empire had half of Sarleon and half of Dshar, whereas Sarleon had some of the southern Fierd castles and the other half of the Dshar castles and none of their original territory.

This might be because I was farming Wolfbode and Jatu heroes so Ravenstern was stronger without that pressure, and massive 3k Vanskerry armies were marauding through Fierd.

Not Ireland, with their weaksauce smallpipes. We're talking Great Highland Bagpipes, the massed sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9JsoKA4SI

In my game the two really big factions are sarleon and dshar, they were constantly tag teaming empire till it was obliterated, then started an all out war with each other, to no winning (cuz both are big) ravenstern was first pwned by fierdsvain until i carved my own state starting from valonbary, well fierds got pwned but they recovered in piece time and started war with dshar and took all of their east regions like nal tar etc. then they started a war against me again :razz: well i captured all their lords and they got paralyzed, leading to the dshar declaring war on them again and starting to reclaim their regions, by that time ravenstern joined in too and started beating the **** out of the north fierds territories, sarleon was at some point with all of them at war but since nothing really is going on with the war against ravenstern they seem to feast all the time....

yeh well it seems like the ai truly tries to behave human, cudos to the coders who made it so :wink:

ericmyrs said:
Not Ireland, with their weaksauce smallpipes. We're talking Great Highland Bagpipes, the massed sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9JsoKA4SI

Yeah! Finally!
MOAR BAGPIPES!

Only the bubonic plague travelled farther.

Ravenstern really is the weakest faction.
In all my games they followed the same scenario: they would always lose several castles/towns to Fierds or Sarleon for good but then somehow gather all the forces together and start defending the rest of the fiefs more or less successfully.
And it didn't even matter if there were any USs to sack their towns or not.

As for the other factions, the scenario was always different. They same faction could fail miserably in one game and steamroll all over the map in another.

I tend to see Ravenstern and the Fierdsvain have a back and forth on their side of the map for a while, although in my current game the Fierds own Ravenstern City and everything on that side of the river. (Meanwhile the D'Shar own all the initially bordering Fierds land)

In every single one of my games, however, I have seen the Empire get their skulls caved in. Even after meddling with the occult and making Ethos start with a Radiant Cross chapter, the Empire still get the short end of the stick every time.

When I revolted from Marius Imperator, I actually had more land out the door than that entire faction. (They had Janos and Ethos. I had Cez, Almerra Castle, Walven Castle and Savador Castle. Each castle had a knighthood order.)

The funny thing about Empire and Ravenstern always getting demolished one way or the other though is any time I observe a battle with just myself and my companions, those two factions seem much more likely to win. The Ravenstern having the best archers against a faction whose strongest infantry don't use shields and in general don't use horses tends to have some rather obvious results.

Back
Top Bottom