Rare troops, all rare troops in calradia, especially cataphracts

Users who are viewing this thread

Rare troops are so rare now. We could recruit troops only in villages and towns. We should able to recruit at castle, too. And we only got a few rare troops{empire vigla} from powerful notables of villages who are so rare and cannot see at every village. My option is that rare troops could be recruited at castles, I mean castles have notables like villages and towns and recruitable but only for rare troops with a cost of 50 or 100 golds and 1 or 5 influences according to the troops tier. For example, empire vigla recruit will cost 100 golds and 1 influence but powerful notables in castles will give us high tier rare troops like empire heavy horseman who will cost 300 gold and 3 influence. I am empire fan. Empire will be great with many cataphracts in our own army. For now, I don't have not rare troops in my party and only get them through prisoners. That shouldn't be like that. Castles should give us rare troops. They should be expensive but not so very rare like current situation of game.

It's very stingy. You're kinda forced to join a faction to raise leadership to 150 (via armies) to get the perk to turn bandits into nobles, which still doesn't help the cataphract situation.

I find it unbalanced that you can go from almost zero noble troops available to INFINATE noble troops available from veteran respect perk. And I'm not saying to nerf the perk, but more ways to get noble troops if you don't have it would be good. Players shouldn't feel the HAVE to play one way.

One trick for Cataphracts (for now) is that Empire rebel parties always spawn with some, so they can be a good source imperial noble prisoners.... sadly they will stop spawning 30 days after being de-feifed in 1.5.8, so there goes that source.

also dosent help the fact kingdons are allways in war with eachothers and they are allways recruting troops and then they "cant" mature :razz: theres only stupid peasants and stuff like that..but is doable ...but yes best way is to increase leadership as soon as u can and recruit bandits ..and also when u figthing enemy ur companions parties get prisioners..make sure u go to a village first and talk to him and see if he have any good prisoner and take it..if u go to town he sells all

To get ldr skill to 150 if not wanting to join a faction one can still get fast enough (imo) a leadership by creating an army through creating army with compagnion´s army joining. Ofc one (or me at least) can not do that without depending on blacksmithing income.

I find it unbalanced that you can go from almost zero noble troops available to INFINATE noble troops available from veteran respect perk. And I'm not saying to nerf the perk, but more ways to get noble troops if you don't have it would be good. Players shouldn't feel the HAVE to play one way.

One trick for Cataphracts (for now) is that Empire rebel parties always spawn with some, so they can be a good source imperial noble prisoners.... sadly they will stop spawning 30 days after being de-feifed in 1.5.8, so there goes that source.
you know, I never though about it, but yeah, you can't get cataphracts from bandits. that sucks because I am roleplaying the empire and cataphracts are hard to recruit. I blame the Kuzaits, they raided every village, man.

To get ldr skill to 150 if not wanting to join a faction one can still get fast enough (imo) a leadership by creating an army through creating army with compagnion´s army joining. Ofc one (or me at least) can not do that without depending on blacksmithing income.
The game doesn't allow you to form an armies if you're not in a faction (as vassal or ruler).
I wish it did.

you also can skill leadership with just recruiting soldiers.
dont know how long it takes and how much xp it gives, but now i have a army limit of 160 and i will save 20 slots for just recruiting in every village and release them immediatly.

well in my honest opinion the best you can do is join a kingdom(at clan 2) as vassal..form army and just raise the perk..im pretty sure soon they get a new castle/down they will vote you to get it..after that leave the kingdom and for yours(at clan 4)..lving clan isnt that hard

Funny I never tried to make army before joing a faction:smile:
Well there could be some good use for blacksmithing to be able to make when 250 skill perhaps "elite armor" kind of consumable to be able to promote perhaps T5 unit to "noble" T6 or even this "elite armor" consumable could be in towns tradable perhaps in towns where is ironmogery this consumable would be up to culture where it is so even let say T5 sturgian heavy spearmen could be made to cataphract if having this "elite armor" consumable from Imperial town or made through BS dependable up to player culture what T6 unit it would make.
I know it is just a wish.

Notables giving these troops will increase in 1.5.10 (2 next patch). All rural notables at villages bounded by castle will give these noble troops. Currently only rural notables and headman with 200+ power are giving them but this will change. Currently about 20% of village notables are giving noble troops this will be around 33% with new rule.

Also these notables can give noble troops from even first slots. Currently there are mostly tier-1 common recruits at first slots. This is not guarenteed but will be evaluated.

I will suggest adding 1 notable to castles for giving noble troops but it has less chance to be accepted. Anyway even this is not accepted these rare troops will be more common.

Notables giving these troops will increase in 1.5.10 (2 next patch). All rural notables at villages bounded by castle will give these noble troops. Currently only rural notables and headman with 200+ power are giving them but this will change. Currently about 20% of village notables are giving noble troops this will be around 33% with new rule.

Also these notables can give noble troops from even first slots. Currently there are mostly tier-1 common recruits at first slots. This is not guarenteed but will be evaluated.

I will suggest adding 1 notable to castles for giving noble troops but it has less chance to be accepted. Anyway even this is not accepted these rare troops will be more common.
That's great news! I hope we get to those patches soon!

Anyway even this is not accepted these rare troops will be more common.

great news and now i know that you are working on different patches at the same time. thank you to share this.

but yeah, i hope they wont be to often to find. i like that aha moment when i find some still be in game.

I still think they should be very uncommon to come across. Again, with how everything is set up, there's simply no reason not to stack up the very best units you can possibly get, rather than considering things like quantity or budget.

I glad that every notables in villages bounded by castles will give only noble troops while towns and towns' bounded villages will give regular troops. Also wanna recruit noble troops from notables in castle. But as you said less chance to be accepted that castles recruitment system. Thanks for sharing.

Came here to ask this question but see its already been anwsered :grin:

Will be nice that castles will gain a use because as they are now they are subpar compared to cities.

having noble troops being available at castles even if only there makes more sense historically speaking. why would nobles live around in villages? and nothing in castles?

Back
Top Bottom