Rare/Magic Item List

Users who are viewing this thread

Suminagashi

Veteran
If you're interested in knowing what some of the special items Phantasy Calradia has to offer are, or simply want to compare their stats before purchasing, I have compiled a list for such a purpose. Bear in mind that this is in no way a full, comprehensive archive of all of Phantasy's new items. This list is merely what I find to be some of the more powerful, uncommon, or interesting equipment Phantasy has to offer. There are also some additional details you may be interested in knowing about involving the mechanics of items used for spellcasting and sneak attacks.

I've highlighted the items listed that you can find in this thread.

SmurfInHell said:
Enhance Magic: How it works and the various Enhance Magic Sets! (Direct quote from Guspav)

Armor Magic Power Bonuses:
  Twilight Armor = 1 
  Novice Robe = 1
  Elven Mail Shirt= 1
  Mithril Maille = 1
  Apprentice Robe = 2
  Vedmak Armor = 2
  Journeyman Robe & Dark Robe= 4
  Djanni Mail Shirt= 5
  Adept Robe & Night Robe= 6
  Balrog Body= 6
  Expert Robe & Dread Robe = 8
  Master Robe & Void Robe = 12
  Archmage Robe= 16

Hats and Helmets
  Novice Hat, Novice Hood, Twilight Helm, Death Knight Helm = 1
  Apprentice Hat = 1
  Journeyman Hat, Dark Hood = 3
  Adept hat, Balrog head, Night hood = 6
  Expert Hat, Expert Hood, Dread Hood = 9
  Master Hat, Master Hood, Void Hood = 12
  Archmage Hat, Archmage Hood = 15

Staff Bonuses
    Gnarled Staff= 1
    Journeyman Staff= 1
    Adept Staff, Shaman Staff = 2
    Expert Staff = 3
    Necromancer's Staff, Master Staff = 4
    Archmage Staff = 6 

Each of these numbers adds itself proportionately to the magic power skill score on every spell formula.
If any other armor and helmets are worn (ones that are not enhance magic) the score, to either the robe factor or the hat factor, will become 0.
If by adding both robe and hat factor the result is 0, there will be a -5 penalty to the multiplier *Multiplier being one of the numbers that helps determine your spell damage by "amplifying" the power of the spell*, so in theory you could wear metal armor and a wizard's hat or a wizard's robe and a metal helmet, but the bonuses you'll get will be significantly lower. If you get the -5 penalty, the spell's total magic power will be seriously lowered and could make some spells nearly useless.
For the time being there are no magic enhancing boots or gauntlets, but that could change in the near future. Currently these do not factor into the magic damage multiplier mentioned before.
I've highlighted the items listed that you can find in this thread.

guspav said:
Sneak attacks
The stealth trained warrior will do extra damage to his/her foes when attacking him from behind, on foot and using a specific list of weapons which goes as follows:
- elven warblade
- drow combat dagger
- knife 
- sickle
- club
- short swords
- gwilith
- strange short sword
- drow stealth sword
- drow assassin's sword
- elven short swords
- dagger
- darts
- war darts
- throwing knives
- ambush bow
- drow crossbow
- drow throwing daggers
- dagger of throwing
- throwing daggers

Also, the drow assassin clothes and hood and the elven ambush armor and hood will provide a small sneak attack bonus.

Table of Contents
[list type=decimal]
[*]Four Ways Inn Wares
[*]Berembert's Inventions
[*]Unique Faction Items[/list]

Four Ways Inn Wares

Within the Four Ways Inn, there stands a drow by the name of Tardareth who will sell powerful items. Every time you speak with the drow, his available wares will change, even if you have not left the building. I figured a lot of players new to this mod might like to know exactly what they're getting before paying a large sum of money, as did I. For your convenience, I've compiled a list of the gear Tardareth may sell to you, and their stats. Please let me know if I missed anything. I tried to categorize the items by type, and although some items could overlap in categories, I placed them where I thought they fit best. Oh, and as a tip, to find an item you want quicker, you can click on Tardareth's face to bring up the Notes/Characters page and then press Esc to close that, and the item list will be different once again. If for some reason you wish to retain the mystery of the shop's item's details, simply do not read any further. Tardareth may sell a Dawn Gem (4,000 denars), a Royal Gem (6,000 denars), an Azure Gem (8,000 denars), or any of the following:

1-Handed Weapons

AssassinSword_zps3c0de762.jpg
Gwilith_zps425d7a96.jpg
Dwarven Adam. Warhammer can be bought in Tharuk's Gate as well but it is more expensive there.

DwarvenAdamantiumWarhammer_zpsf3862f3d.jpg
ScimitarofSpeed_zps6ccc4f7d.jpg
The second sword is used as a shield only. You can also buy both swords individually at the weapon shop within Shin'szaluk's Ladder.

EnchantedDrowSwordmainhand_zps76c30dd2.jpg
EnchantedDrowSwordoff-hand_zpsf687c28f.jpg
ElvenMagicalSword_zpsc091212f.jpg
This sword may not be as powerful as many of the others, but it is definitely exceptional. From my experiences, the amount of HP restored per hit is comparable to the additional elemental damage granted by the Frost Brand, Flame Tongue, and Sun Blade.

TheLeech_zps35fe1e1b.jpg
FrostBrand_zps24aaed7b.jpg
FlameTongue_zps1b918479.jpg
guspav said:
If I remember correctly, it has a 25% chance of killing an undead enemy with a single strike, so that seemingly unbeatable death knight might be put down pretty quickly.

MaceofDisruption_zps1de70f26.jpg

2-Handed Weapons

TheButcher_zps9a54ee10.jpg
TheExecutioner_zps3984738f.jpg
DargorAxe_zpse4cb9ca8.jpg
MauloftheTitans_zpsa732694a.jpg

Bastard Swords

VorpalSword_zps67020191.jpg
SunBlade_zps909e70a7.jpg
The additional damage on this weapon seems to be somewhat erratic. At 20-ish Honor, I've had it deal something like 20 bonus damage on some swings, and as little as 1 damage as well. Holy Avenger's magical properties aren't a very reliable source of damage. Even at 70 Honor, I had the sword deal 2 bonus damage with one attack and only 1 bonus damage twice in the same battle. Most of the other attacks were between 10 and 25 bonus damage, with the highest in the high 30's. Having well over 100 Honor didn't seem to have any noticeable impact beyond when I had 70 Honor. I believe higher Honor raises the maximum bonus damage to a cap of 39 at some point, but doesn't appear to increase the minimum damage. The additional damage can often be helpful, but don't count on its erratic results to carry you through a battle against the unliving. On the other hand, even without the enchantment, the sword's base stats are still very good regardless of your Honor score or who you are fighting.

HolyAvenger_zps31a384cf.jpg

Ranged Weapons

It doesn't state it on the item, but I've tested, and this is indeed considered a "Stealthy" weapon.

DaggerofThrowing_zps39049587.jpg
DwarvenThrower_zps9e7c1ecb.jpg
MagicalBow_zpsa337f502.jpg
QuiverofPlenty_zps5fe83492.jpg

Armor

MithrilMail_zpseea0ab95.jpg
This is one of my favorite armors because it's hard to beat that protection for such little encumbrance. The only thing I prefer over this for my more heavily armored characters is a Lordly Drow Mail, which is slightly stronger and lighter.

ElvenRoyalPlate_zpsb42f5c2f.jpg
It's expensive, but you do get a set of four items from it. In addition, you can sometimes find some of these armors after defeating a party of Death Knights.

TwilightHelm_zpsbfee1f64.jpg
TwilightArmor_zpsae53a621.jpg

TwilightGauntlets_zps3e97c5ec.jpg
TwilightBoots_zpse6a2a6f0.jpg

Mage Gear

NecromancersStaff_zps26ffb9af.jpg
I don't know why most staves don't state that they grant a bonus to magic, but that's what it's supposed to do.

ArchmageStaff_zpscbd55eab.jpg
ArchmageHood_zps2a883530.jpg
ArchmageHat_zps3f1b674c.jpg
ArchmageRobe_zps776af4c9.jpg

Accessories (Gauntlets)

When you equip this, you need to move or wait on the world map for a very short period of time before the strength bonus will be applied.

GauntletsofOgrePower_zps05aba848.jpg
HealersRing_zps9f9b3f5f.jpg

Berembert's Inventions

In addition to the wares found at Four Ways Inn, there is a gnome companion named Berembert that you can recruit for free, randomly found within one of the city taverns. If you level Berembert's Creativity skill, he can make some interesting items for you. Each item requires materials, takes a week to craft, and has a chance of failure. Note that even with a Creativity level of 10, there is still a chance of failure.
guspav said:
Note that the higher Berembert's skill, the higher the chances of getting the project right and not just waste your time, materials and money.
Thanks guspav! I'd also like to point out that Berembert starts out with a Creativity level of 4.

Any time you have Berembert making an item, be absolutely sure to always leave at least one empty space in your inventory. I made the mistake of filling up completely on loot and then, right after a battle, Berembert presented me with a repeating crossbow, which didn't actually give it to me.

guspav said:
Repeating Crossbow
Creativity needed: 0
What it does: Allows the user to shoot 6 times before reloading, it's stats are similar to that of a regular crossbow, can't be used on horseback
The type of crossbow needed is simply called a "Crossbow." The quality of the Crossbow does not matter, so you can save yourself a bit of money by buying a lower quality one, such as with the prefix "Bent" or "Cracked."

GnomishRepeatingCrossbow_zpsd5d64acc.jpg
guspav said:

Multi-pulley-bow

Berembert's Creativity needed: 6
What it does: Powerful bow with low power draw requirement (2), can't be used on horseback
Berembert claims he needs 3 sets of Tools, but he really only needs one. The type of bow needed is called a "Strong Bow." The quality of the Strong Bow does not matter, so you can save yourself a bit of money by buying a lower quality one, such as with the prefix "Bent" or "Cracked."

Multi-pulleyBow_zps498670d3.jpg
guspav said:
Foot glue
Berembert's Creativity needed: 7
What it does: Thrown object, slows down enemies in a small area (similar to slow spell) for a while.
FootGlue_zps8c332d29.jpg
guspav said:

Blast flasks

Berembert's Creativity needed: 8
What it does: Thrown object, explodes upon impact, similarly to a small fireball. Magic resistance isn't useful against it.
I believe the scroll can be purchased at Wizard Tower's Mage Guild for 5000 denars.

BlastFlasks_zps8eacedd7.jpg

Unique Faction Items

There are some items that, to my knowledge, are sold exclusively at the capital cities of Phantasy's featured factions. I'm not going to catalog every item unique to the new factions, but I will list the ones that I feel are worth mentioning, their locations, and their estimated prices. Note that prices will vary based on your Trading skill and relation with the city in question. I did my best to provide a very rough estimation of what I think the base prices may be close to, but I can guarantee that none of them are reliably accurate. Also, because I tried to list the base prices, know that what you pay will undoubtedly be less, unless you happen to have 0 in Trading and a negative relation a city. The Drow Assassin Armor/Hood and Elven Ambush Armor/Hood will provide a bonus to your Stealth skill, while the Elven Mail Shirt and various mage gear will provide a bonus to your Magic Power. For more information about items that affect skills, see the very top of this thread.

Ranged Weapons

Don't forget to buy Cartridges for ammunition!

Dwarven%20Arquebus_zpsrczfq7xn.jpg
I've also seen these at Wizard Tower, of all places.

SingingArrows_zps8c8f938a.jpg

Armor

This helmet is like the third or so best head armor in the game (particularly with higher quality modifiers), but has less weight than those with slightly more armor.

Armet_zps6aa32515.jpg
Enhances Stealth skill

DrowHood_zps9f96b7ca.jpg
Enhances Stealth skill

DrowAssassinArmor_zps4f74e503.jpg
If you can get a Lordly variant of this amor, you'll have slightly more protection than even the Elven Royal Plate, and with a bit less encumbrance!

Drow%20Mail_zps6coqwisp.jpg
Even better than the Drow Mail, the Priestess version has yet again more armor for less weight. But uh... unless you're playing a female character, you're gonna look weird having breasts and a feminine figure with this on.

Drow%20Priestess%20Mail_zpskzllxcwp.jpg
These boots are a close second to the Twilight Boots if you're looking for something light but protective.

Drow%20Plate%20Boots_zps8khmhgwv.jpg
Enhances Stealth skill

ElvenHood_zpsd1f28531.jpg
Enhances Stealth skill

ElvenAmbushArmor_zps27ba347a.jpg
ElvenMailShirt_zpsad65ffe9.jpg
These boots are a close second to the Twilight Boots if you're looking for something light but protective. Although statistically the same as the Drow Plate Boots, these ones are slightly cheaper for whatever reason.

Elven%20Plate%20Boots_zpsqkfzd0bs.jpg

Alternative Mage Gear (For the Discerning Necromancer)

Enhances Magic Power skill

ShamanStaff_zpse74f154c.jpg
DarkHood_zps0b3edac4.jpg
DarkRobe_zps7d450060.jpg
NightHood_zps5e588528.jpg
NightRobe_zpsac715728.jpg
DreadHood_zpse5f40b97.jpg
DreadRobe_zpsf76601e1.jpg
VoidHood_zps6379324e.jpg
RobeoftheVoid_zps20196e5b.jpg

Mounts

Warg_zps019822bc.jpg
ArmoredWarg_zps3374750d.jpg
HugeArmoredWarg_zpsafc32d1f.jpg
SmurfInHell said:
NEW! Unicorn Regeneration: Unicorns now give a slow regeneration to the rider's and a much larger one to themselves. This is effective on the player and the Dokohan Koldoff Alliance's Unicorn Riders.

Unicorn_zpsbaba7768.jpg
SmurfInHell said:
NEW! Unicorn Regeneration: Unicorns now give a slow regeneration to the rider's and a much larger one to themselves. This is effective on the player and the Dokohan Koldoff Alliance's Unicorn Riders.
Like the Champion Golden Stallion, I don't believe this is actually a separate mount from the normal Unicorn, but again, it's pretty neat so I thought I'd include it as well after "just a bandit" suggested it. Quite uncommon and extremely expensive, this slightly upgraded Unicorn is more about form than function, I think. But hey, if you can find and afford it, it's yours. And who doesn't like unicorns? They're beautiful mythical creatures with seats on their heads.

Champion%20Unicorn_zpsl7v7ry8x.jpg
Nightmare_zps0ee4b12b.jpg
GoldenStallion_zpsf30092a0.jpg
This is the Cadillac of mounts, and is extremely rare to see in the shop. Well technically, I think it might simply be a mount modifier applied to a Golden Stallion, but I thought it was worth mentioning just because I have only saw it once thus far. Unless you have the necessary Riding requirement and are absolutely drowning in money, I cannot recommend buying this mount for its slightly better stats over the normal Golden Stallion. Still, the option is there if you wish it.

ChampionGoldenStallion_zpsa10b911f.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Oh wow, thanks! :eek: I was actually a little worried that the thread might be squelched entirely to keep the "black market details" more secretive.

This reminds me of a question I have had.  Are there items (like mage staffs) that you find in town vendors that are more expensive but not as powerful?  I am not including the random quality element.

The Elven Spellsword armor has around 45 body and enhances magic. I consider it a very useful item for mage and should be included in the wares.

habeo123 said:
You might have missed the Elven Spellsword armor that has around 45 body and enhances magic. I consider it a very useful item for mage.
I thought that was the Mithral Mail.

I was going to try and start a community driven version of this, but it seems you've already got it down!

I was going to ask you if you mind me adding this forum post as a link into the guide. It would serve people well who are interested in some of the new items that the mod brings!

Of course, you would be given credit and the link to this post would be supplied in the guide as well :smile:

mercav said:
habeo123 said:
You might have missed the Elven Spellsword armor that has around 45 body and enhances magic. I consider it a very useful item for mage.
I thought that was the Mithral Mail.
As far as I remember, the Elven mail is green, and has Enhance magic tooltips below it. If you level up Elven troops to follow spellsword path, they should be wearing it. I don't know if it's removed or not in current version because I haven't played Elf since then.

SmurfInHell said:
I was going to try and start a community driven version of this, but it seems you've already got it down!

I was going to ask you if you mind me adding this forum post as a link into the guide. It would serve people well who are interested in some of the new items that the mod brings!

Of course, you would be given credit and the link to this post would be supplied in the guide as well :smile:
If you're speaking to me, then yeah, I don't have a problem with it. Do what you gotta do, man. And if anyone has any input on formatting or if I missed anything, I am open to suggestions.

[Edit: Whoops, missed something.
habeo123 said:
The Elven Spellsword armor has around 45 body and enhances magic. I consider it a very useful item for mage and should be included in the wares.
Does the drow sell that in Four Ways Inn? I didn't see it there.]

Extra note to add on The Leech sword!

During a fight the sword leeches real hp, not just "battle hp". Meaning you won't be reset to your hp before the fight, and it will carry over after the battle.

This is critical! A necromancer could summon undead, then find a small group of looters for him to solo quickly on horseback to regain health, and then repeat the process. It will also allow campaign sieges to quickly regen losses.

SmurfInHell said:
Extra note to add on The Leech sword!

During a fight the sword leeches real hp, not just "battle hp". Meaning you won't be reset to your hp before the fight, and it will carry over after the battle.

This is critical! A necromancer could summon undead, then find a small group of looters for him to solo quickly on horseback to regain health, and then repeat the process. It will also allow campaign sieges to quickly regen losses.
That was possible in older versions, but now necromancy can only be used once every 24h.

guspav said:
That was possible in older versions, but now necromancy can only be used once every 24h.

I'm guessing you mean in the upcoming version? Because I've done double spawning multiple times in .723

That being said, it is still a fairly worthwhile investment. Recovering full hp in one day can be pretty tough without high levels of first aid/wound treatment. Especially since you would only really need the weapon for one small fight against some low tier units.

Sorry, I've been kind of busy as of late.

Suminagashi said:
[Edit: Whoops, missed something.
habeo123 said:
Does the drow sell that in Four Ways Inn? I didn't see it there.]
habeo123 said:
It's not in the wares, but it's a suggestion. It's very rare to even find in normal Elf Forest shop as well.

Hmm. Well, if there are other rare items such as this, I may add a small section in the thread for non-FWI rares whenever I finally get around to making a list of Berembert's items. I wonder if there is a hat to match that armor as well? Anyway, if anyone else has any suggestions for things to add alongside that Elven Spellsword Armor, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

SmurfInHell said:
guspav said:

I'm guessing you mean in the upcoming version? Because I've done double spawning multiple times in .723

That being said, it is still a fairly worthwhile investment. Recovering full hp in one day can be pretty tough without high levels of first aid/wound treatment. Especially since you would only really need the weapon for one small fight against some low tier units.

Really? I'll have to check that since the trigger and conditions are actually there (and were there since version 0.7 I think) to just allow necromancy once a day, the variable refreshes every 24h. I'll have to take a look and do some play-testing.

[quote author=Suminagashi]
Hmm. Well, if there are other rare items such as this, I may add a small section in the thread for non-FWI rares whenever I finally get around to making a list of Berembert's items. I wonder if there is a hat to match that armor as well? Anyway, if anyone else has any suggestions for things to add alongside that Elven Spellsword Armor, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
[/quote]

The elven mail shirt is actually only sold at the Elf forest, it is fairly rare and I'll increase it's availability. There are no matching hats for it (yet).

I'll give you a list of Berembert's items so you can add them to your original post:

Repeating Crossbow
Creativity needed: 0
What it does: Allows the user to shoot 6 times before reloading, it's stats are similar to that of a regular crossbow, can't be used on horseback

Multi-pulley-bow

Berembert's Creativity needed: 6
What it does: Powerful bow with low power draw requirement (2), can't be used on horseback

Foot glue
Berembert's Creativity needed: 7
What it does: Thrown object, slows down enemies in a small area (similar to slow spell) for a while.

Blast flasks

Berembert's Creativity needed: 8
What it does: Thrown object, explodes upon impact, similarly to a small fireball. Magic resistance isn't useful against it.

Note that the higher Berembert's skill, the higher the chances of getting the project right and not just waste your time, materials and money.

Sorry Monkeyman27, this thread wasn't really intended for that sort of thing. Perhaps I could redirect your attention towards one of these threads that may be more applicable to your suggestions:

New Items List Submissions
Suggestions about new items
Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

While I'm posting here I may as well throw out that I haven't forgotten about this thread or anything. Although I originally just wanted to document the Four Ways Inn items, and later Berembert's little hobby, I did decide that some other items in the game are worth mentioning. I've been gathering info for some weeks now, somewhat casually I admit, but I didn't want to update the post until I had finished my research on some things. Actually, I believe there's only one item I'm currently looking into for right now, so maybe I will have found a base version of it within a shop some time in the near future. Until then, happy adventuring!

I am quite confused on how to find the mysterious "four ways inn". since it was removed from the original game, where do you find it? these new magical items look really interesting!

Lordrevan said:
I am quite confused on how to find the mysterious "four ways inn". since it was removed from the original game, where do you find it? these new magical items look really interesting!
It is south of Dhirim.

Okay! I've updated the list yet again to include some more items from the different Phantasy factions. There's a couple things I need to tidy up on it, but for the most part I've added about all I really care to. If I were smart, I would have reserved the first few posts in order to better organize sections and even provide a functional table of contents (with links), but my original intention with this thread was a bit different back when I started it. I really was not expecting to add more items beyond those at the FWI, nor did I think this was going to get a sticky. Anyway, I know there are lots of other things I could include, such as various weapons, armors, and shields, but I don't really want to. So that's that! Hopefully all the extra hours I put into this update weren't for naught.

Back
Top Bottom