Rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Thats why I hope they allow rebels to form actual kingdoms. I dont even care if theyre gonna be called generically like "Vyldur's Kingdom". I just want more dynamics
Agreed.

Combine that with better diplomacy and THEN the map size won't be detrimental!

Thats why I hope they allow rebels to form actual kingdoms. I dont even care if theyre gonna be called generically like "Vyldur's Kingdom". I just want more dynamics
AWAY WITH THAT PISSPOOR IDEA! hahaha

I'm already deeply bothered by the generic clan names - slap in generic kingdom names and I'll kick my screen...

On a more serious note, it is totally possible to create a template for RNGed names that make sense through basing those upon in-game locations and culture. It's an annoying list to compile, but should fix generic cancer names for clans and allow for logical kingdom names for "rebel secessions".

I wouldn't add that ability to generic RNGed clans, though, because they'd become a punching bag for all - instead I'd insert a secession rebellion similar to what we see with Diplomacy mod for BL - that way the newly found kingdom could be the rebel coalition clans decreasing the chances of them becoming punching bags for the pre-established factions. - And the most important detail: that should not be done until they properly implement faction elimination - because if they implement anything of the sorts that you're suggesting as the game works right now - we'd end up with 50 kingdoms holding countless clans roaming the map fief-less forever and annoying everyone with "raiding wars" that never end or charge the landed factions unreasonable amounts of "tributes"...

Last edited:
Oh it feels too big to me, too few factions and things to do/affect...
Really i honestly think the map a crammed and everything to close together. By bigger map i like to see the map pushed south more adding a Calraidian African like faction to the east a Chinese like faction and maybe a Japanese like faction. I would like more things to do defiantly so we can agree on that. rebel factions becoming kingdoms would be great and extend play time on a campaign which is good for me at least because i don't find myself a person that must conquer the map. If i got to the point i was steam rolling armies and knew i could take the last few cities i would probably quit the campaign and call it a win.

Last edited:
Guys TW general approach to the game can be concluded in the last added Vlandian city scene.Its the worst thing ever created by professional designers.Pure disgrase.I agree with everything you said.Full priced game but still we count on modders to enjoy basic staff.

Really i honestly think the map a crammed and everything to close together. By bigger map i like to see the map pushed south more adding a Calraidian African like faction to the east a Chinese like faction and maybe a Japanese like faction. I would like more things to do defiantly so we can agree on that. rebel factions becoming kingdoms would be great and extend play time on a campaign which is good for me at least because i don't find myself a person that must conquer the map. If i got to the point i was steam rolling armies and knew i could take the last few cities i would probably quit the campaign and call it a win.
I don't think enlarging the map and adding new factions would do the game any good. TW has trouble filling what they have with life and making it balanced. Adding more to it would make their job even harder.

If anything I would prefer a smaller map over a larger one IF that means we get better balancing and atmosphere.

If anything I would prefer a smaller map over a larger one IF that means we get better balancing and atmosphere.
I think your wrong the atmosphere in the game is based on the cultures more cultures more atmosphere. Balancing isn't that hard yeah it that's time and people but it's not that hard as long as the unit matches other of its level. Which if you look at the coding for the units is state and equipment based. I am looking at adding some of my own units and modding others to my liking. But factions and maps i don't know how.

It´s not like there is nothing to enjoy in this game. We are not rambling without end because it´s just bad. I would put out a bad review and call it a day if that were the case.
There are very good things in the game. But the more puzzling and frustrating it is when you see all the bad design descisions and "placeholder". Why just not try to be consistent? And listen to players and interact with them a little bit more? Sure, there is a lot unpleasant backlash, but i expect from a professional developer to handle that.
Well, now the game is released and all we can do is hope for good mods. At least i hope TW learns something from it and handles things better in their future projects.

I think your wrong the atmosphere in the game is based on the cultures more cultures more atmosphere. Balancing isn't that hard yeah it that's time and people but it's not that hard as long as the unit matches other of its level. Which if you look at the coding for the units is state and equipment based. I am looking at adding some of my own units and modding others to my liking. But factions and maps i don't know how.
To each their own, I guess. It always felt too large for its own good to me.

If you take an average speed of travel in game vs day/night cycle, the map is absolutely tiny to have all that diversity of cultures cramped there. City/castle/village scenes, beside few exemptions, are really poorly designed. World map itself is meh. That 2016 version looked ten times better. Cities have only one city gate? 2 should be as minimum if it is simple pass-thru location. Half of the cities are Minas Tirith clones slapped to the mountains slopes. There is no shipping, no roads, no navigable rivers 🤷🏻‍♂️

With 10 years of development, 100-ish developers, much better technology compared to the Warband days, an already established concept from Warband + mods to reuse - Bannerlord should've been much more than what we got.
I think it was clear development was going absolutely nowhere and they just decided to cut corners and make it much more streamlined.
But it should never be up to modders to make a game great, mods should ideally expand upon an already great foundation.

If you take an average speed of travel in game vs day/night cycle, the map is absolutely tiny to have all that diversity of cultures cramped there. City/castle/village scenes, beside few exemptions, are really poorly designed. World map itself is meh. That 2016 version looked ten times better. Cities have only one city gate? 2 should be as minimum if it is simple pass-thru location. Half of the cities are Minas Tirith clones slapped to the mountains slopes. There is no shipping, no roads, no navigable rivers 🤷🏻‍♂️
It takes about 4 days to cross the maps something like that. All factions are touching there's no gap. I too late now but there should have been some no-mans land between kingdoms Filled with bandits and warlords. Considering you control a clan and family, and these can span a few or more generations a bigger map more cities and castle may be some starting in minor kingdoms control would have made the clan system usable, but you can take everything in one lifetime.

To each their own, I guess. It always felt too large for its own good to me.
don't get angry at the guy, he's just blinded towards the subject... TW is the #1 enemy of balancing, always has been, and always will be - when they don't effe on making stuff useless, they effe at making stuff OP - there's no middle ground for them, never was...
Yes this is 100% right. Mods shouldn't be needed to make the game great.
On that regard you're correct, yet, it is what it is... All their games so far have depended on mods to bring actual quality to the table - if I was to score their games I'd go for 6/10 on WB, 4/10 BL and 4.5 WB OG... As for the DLC they didn't even work on those, so there's no point on debating them... I can't play BL without mods, WB needed them to make it better, while the OG was in a odd spot, some mods were okay, yet the game was enjoyable without them up until the point where you figured out you couldn't hold a kingdom of your own... I think the major thing that played in their favor was the fact that the game was unique, so the novelty was astonishingly attractive... With BL there's no more novelty, and they've managed to skip many good details from the past games, hence why to me it's a mediocre to bad game, and as such unbearable to play without heavily "fixing" their half-developed features, it is by all means a very underdeveloped game on all of it's aspects. It can be fixed overtime but that depends on which direction they go with it and from their willingness to overhaul some of their own concepts and systems... It is, also, the least enjoyable M&B combat and by far the most unbalanced among all of their titles (including DLC)

Last edited:
With BL there's no more novelty, and they've managed to skip many good details from the past games, hence why to me it's a mediocre to bad game, and as such unbearable to play without heavily "fixing" their half-developed features, it is by all means a very underdeveloped game on all of it's aspects. It can be fixed overtime but that depends on which direction they go with it and from their willingness to overhaul some of their own concepts and systems... It is, also, the least enjoyable M&B combat and by far the most unbalanced among all of their titles (including DLC)
I think part of the problem is that games companies look at mobile phone games and their players and somehow factor that into the game development. I have no love for mobile gaming but love gaming and have for 10 or more years. The mobile part is where the streamlining of gaming as come about. All game companies follow the trend look at Blizzard for instance. An example of one of my favourite total war game war Napolean total war because it had the most mechanic's and they were a pleasure to use. I find Bannerlord like mobile game lots of things to click but they don't really do much. But i like Bannerlords battles but it would be good if the other lords used kick and shield bash for instance but everything that's not fighting is not very good and some horrible. So, I agree with your score its 6 or 7 out of 10. I hope updates fix this but i see just more armour parts mostly which i don't mind but i would like better dialogue's that aren't just fluff so that would mean the npc's AI acting out their traits and options for them to offer duels for honor sake or poison a rivil to get step up the ladder. The world is so fixed and boring apart from war.

Back
Top Bottom