(Rant)We need PATROLS, MORE FOOD, REAL JAILS or 100% combat death, bots don't get punished enough for losing

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know how it's supposed to be satisfying or feel like progress to take out an entire faction of lords and put them in jail and then they just ransom themselves out without your permission and go raid your villages and mess with you food supply meanwhile
You can't: MAKE somebody patrol the fiefs, Pay the fief to have a big big big militia, Make even more and more food + upgrades so you can PLAY THE GAME and not run out of food
I have millions of denars and there's soldiers hanging out everywhere but I can't just pay some guys to watch every village during a war? WHY?

WTF is with this TW? You can't do anything to be in control in multiple places at once, you can't just keep enemies locked up, you can't build 1 million food to last forever, can't SAY NO SELLING FOOD TO CARAVANS GTFO.
Are we supposed to execute every lord? I've done it before and it makes the game really short. The only downside is some notable lose relation.

I want the bots to have to SPENT CAMPAIGN TIME to recover after being defeated, walk around and recruit every single troops, go to a store and sell items to get money and food, and if they ever can't pay they need to lose troops immediately. There's no punishment for bot npcs, they just mindlessly do the same crap over and over and spend no time out at all!
They need an actual fail state where they cannot function because they LOST. I don't want to just beat them in battle over and over, I want to completely defeat and destroy them without remainder! I shouldn't have to execute them, losing over and over should catch up with them and ruin them completely!

I just don't get what the vision for the game is. Isn't this war strategy game? Aren't we supposed to WIN? Why is it so completely in it's own way all the time?
Being a ruler is worthless because you can't control anything, being a lone clan is 100X better gameplay but this doesn't seem like the intended play mode at all.
In warband you had full control of you faction so there was a clear path to victory by choosing and landing you lords and expanding.
In Bannerlord it's just an endless cluster**** with no control or player choices. What is the END OF THE GAME supposed to be? You pay a bunch of clans to join you and you're supposed to feel good about it even though you can't control anything? You could just sit in a town forever and bot will siege each other and it'd be the same thing.
If factions don't get utterly ruined and GO AWAY, what's the point? Why is it good to have failure proof factions that can have parties even with zero income no matter how often they are defeated?

I know I know, lots of this stuff is for anti-snowballing....well guess what in my games I'M THE ONE WHO DOES THE SNOWBALLING! I want the AI to suffer for losing and eventually go away!

I support. Also, I once wanted to capture a castle and started to starve them out. After they ran out of food, not only their morale remained the same but new militia spawned! How is this possible?

After they ran out of food, not only their morale remained the same but new militia spawned! How is this possible?
1. Their morale comes pre-lowered by the party size penalty being applied to siege defenders. It is usually rock-bottom right from the start, so adding starvation on top of it doesn't do anything.

2. Militia is not directly affected by the food situation, only garrison.

1. Their morale comes pre-lowered by the party size penalty being applied to siege defenders. It is usually rock-bottom right from the start, so adding starvation on top of it doesn't do anything.

2. Militia is not directly affected by the food situation, only garrison.
Does it make any sense though?

Agree with pretty much all of that. I always enjoy the campaign at first but after progressing a bit it starts to feel pointless, humdrum, or annoying and I stop playing.

I'm not usually one to support a gripe thread. And I'll still play the world's smallest violin for the cry baby OP.

But I can empathise with some of these grumbles.

I'd also like to be able to carry out negotiations with prisoners. Like recruit them, or marry them, or offer to free them for a fee I set. Why are they not allowed to talk to me? I'm their captor.

At the very least I'd really like to set instructions to parties to patrol or raid or what ever.

I'm suprised that people still play this game I've got 75 hours of playtime and that's it playing other good/ better games I was recently sitting at 70 hrs but I played it again recently and was off my ssd in 5 hours the battles are fun at first until you realise they take no strategy and are over in a matter of minutes and you rarely do anything as there over so fast and sieges are still broken and the ai is still broken so until they get fixed (at this point it seems they never will) I will keep reading the forums as a last hope that this game will one day be good and laugh at those that still play this buggy mess

I agree it's too much of a grind to get any progress in wars, the nobles escape or are ransomed and quickly have a new party. After you take a town or castle they want more money to make peace.
I have to keep my clan parties in an army all the time or they will do something stupid, get killed, or dump there best troops in a garrison that doesn't need it even in peace time. My vassals are idiots and rarely do anything useful and I can't direct them.
I can't offer fiefs to recruit lords even ones who don't have any, and they want millions to join me even though their faction is losing badly.
I will probably die of old age before I can take half the map.

I don't know how it's supposed to be satisfying or feel like progress to take out an entire faction of lords and put them in jail and then they just ransom themselves out without your permission and go raid your villages and mess with you food supply meanwhile
You can't: MAKE somebody patrol the fiefs, Pay the fief to have a big big big militia, Make even more and more food + upgrades so you can PLAY THE GAME and not run out of food
I have millions of denars and there's soldiers hanging out everywhere but I can't just pay some guys to watch every village during a war? WHY?

WTF is with this TW? You can't do anything to be in control in multiple places at once, you can't just keep enemies locked up, you can't build 1 million food to last forever, can't SAY NO SELLING FOOD TO CARAVANS GTFO.
Are we supposed to execute every lord? I've done it before and it makes the game really short. The only downside is some notable lose relation.

I want the bots to have to SPENT CAMPAIGN TIME to recover after being defeated, walk around and recruit every single troops, go to a store and sell items to get money and food, and if they ever can't pay they need to lose troops immediately. There's no punishment for bot npcs, they just mindlessly do the same crap over and over and spend no time out at all!
They need an actual fail state where they cannot function because they LOST. I don't want to just beat them in battle over and over, I want to completely defeat and destroy them without remainder! I shouldn't have to execute them, losing over and over should catch up with them and ruin them completely!

I just don't get what the vision for the game is. Isn't this war strategy game? Aren't we supposed to WIN? Why is it so completely in it's own way all the time?
Being a ruler is worthless because you can't control anything, being a lone clan is 100X better gameplay but this doesn't seem like the intended play mode at all.
In warband you had full control of you faction so there was a clear path to victory by choosing and landing you lords and expanding.
In Bannerlord it's just an endless cluster**** with no control or player choices. What is the END OF THE GAME supposed to be? You pay a bunch of clans to join you and you're supposed to feel good about it even though you can't control anything? You could just sit in a town forever and bot will siege each other and it'd be the same thing.
If factions don't get utterly ruined and GO AWAY, what's the point? Why is it good to have failure proof factions that can have parties even with zero income no matter how often they are defeated?

I know I know, lots of this stuff is for anti-snowballing....well guess what in my games I'M THE ONE WHO DOES THE SNOWBALLING! I want the AI to suffer for losing and eventually go away!
Im guessing work in progress just wish we could get some reaction from the devs about the roadmap

Back
Top Bottom