Ransoming a captured Vassal

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Hi. First post here on Taleworlds. I have a problem.

I have a fine little dandy kingdom going on with a vassal who hates me for no reason and is locked up in Wercheg. I don't know how to get the keys to the prison, nor is my kingdom ready to besiege a town guarded by three-hundred men.

I was sent on a quest by my vassals...mother...I believe? I was sent on a quest to Rescue or RANSOM a prisoner. But I don't know where to go for a ransom, please let me know if this is even possible, and if so, how?

Errr, you could try this.

Sneak into the castle, slaughter the guards (if they see you when you sneak in) then walk around until you see a prison guard. Argue with him for a bit, but you'll need to say "Give me the key to the cells, now!" Then he'll freak out and try bashing your head in. Kill him, then head into the prison and meet up with the prisoner. You'll both need to battle the guards on your way out, but be careful, if the prisoner is wounded, he'll be left behind.

Swarx said:
Errr, you could try this.

Sneak into the castle, slaughter the guards (if they see you when you sneak in) then walk around until you see a prison guard. Argue with him for a bit, but you'll need to say "Give me the key to the cells, now!" Then he'll freak out and try bashing your head in. Kill him, then head into the prison and meet up with the prisoner. You'll both need to battle the guards on your way out, but be careful, if the prisoner is wounded, he'll be left behind.

Yes, do this as it does not negatively effect your relationship with the faction, or the town, or the Lord of the town/castle.

I find it good practice to withdraw your weapon before talking to the prison guard as it allows you to get a couple of strikes in before he can react. Especially useful if it's hostile territory and had to sneak it, as all you have is a simple polearm. Don't worry though, after you have unchained the Lord your health refills and you get your usual equipment back for the escape.

I would not bother with ransoming a prisoner at all. It costs too much money and it's really easy to free a prisoner too. Just make sure you have decent weapons, armour and stats before you attempt it, as it can be quite tough early in the game if high tier troops spawn, and if you are playing on a high difficulty. Also watch out for the bug where the rescued Lord becomes hostile in the escape attempt; make sure you save it before the escape attempt and if this bug occurs you have to exit the game (Open task manager and close the program if you cannot exit without saving) and then restart it.

JosieJ said:
There is no way to ransom a prisoner.  You have to rescue them--or leave them to rot.

It's odd because the quest implies you can, the Lord who gives the quest even implies he can cover your costs up to 5k denars. I tried talking to the Lord of the castle/town where the captured prisoner is imprisoned, but nothing appears in the conversation, regardless of whether he's in the castle or not.

Even if you could it's still not worth it, much less hassle to free him.

kingofkings77 said:
Strange...Well, I tried. Twice. I snuck into town, but there's no way to start a fight...

Did you talk to the prison guard specifically?  If you tell him to "give me the key to the jail, now," he should become hostile.

Check when you're on the map to see if his name shows up on the list where it says prisoners when you scroll over the town or castle.

kingofkings77 said:
To him and him only. The only three options are: "Who's being held here? Can I see a prisoner? Or Nevermind."
Ask him to let you talk to a prisoner, he says you need permission from the Lord.  Say, I thought you were boss here.  He'll say he is, then you can tell him give me the keys and it starts the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom