Ranked mode for Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Faebio said:
trot888 said:
I'm thinking like. You click ranked match and then takes you into an 8v8 game with similar level, random maps and random factions. Best out of 16 rounds. Seems fun.

you can't be serious, how on earth is that supposed to work out ever? LoL or RocketLeauge struggle to get 6 decent players that dont go afk, crash, feed, ragequit, troll, suck etc. together- how do you think it'd work out with 16?

Csgo has 5v5's.. Can't say that's much more different from 8v8.

Faebio said:
trot888 said:
I'm thinking like. You click ranked match and then takes you into an 8v8 game with similar level, random maps and random factions. Best out of 16 rounds. Seems fun.

you can't be serious, how on earth is that supposed to work out ever? LoL or RocketLeauge struggle to get 6 decent players that dont go afk, crash, feed, ragequit, troll, suck etc. together- how do you think it'd work out with 16?

CS:GO is handling it quite well with hard punishments for afk and ragequitting ( you cant search for competitive games for up to 1 week),  feeding, trolling and sucking will result in your Rating going down. It´s not a piece of cake, but its not too hard to achieve a working ranked mode.

The only big issue i see there is that TW would need to provide servers, which means a lot of money over a long time. That problem could be solved by armour skins for example, for example as Swad you could buy another chainmail, always need to fit for the faction... i dont like those patchworkarmours you have on a team when you play cRPG for example.

I really dont understand how anybody has arguments against a well made ranked mode, you are not forced to play it :smile:

tbh it would be the best to have 2 different versions of warband. The first for modders and singeplayers and the second for gamers, so they could sell these skins for us without harming singleplayer.

Colonel Horyse said:
Haven't read the most recent posts so this isn't relevant to those:

I've always thought in matches one of the biggest qualities to have to be a good player is to be patient, but why do we need this patience? It's unnecessary and makes the duration of the match boring, the only thing stopping this game from becoming an E-Sports is the waiting around…

Why not shorten round lengths? It'd make the game quicker, more intense, faster, more interesting, a most of all fun to watch -- I think we could take it down from 240, to 150 -- make the flags spawn at 100 and get busy fighting.

Then I'd say it's way too fast paced, you can't kill people off and make them go to around 5 players from 8. So if the timer is shorter then no one would be killed until the fights actually start to happen. I like seeing people getting headshotted from across the map because they have TIME. Picking people off is always fun. But I do agree with it being more intense, maybe bannerlord will come with its own special ****.

EDIT: There will be less 5 v 8 clutches, that makes it more intense.

Dryykon said:
Agreed; they should finish up the combat and release MP now. SP is the part that's taking forever.

I think they're still finalizing the combat or they're just keeping it extra extra secret.  :fruity: :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom