Ranked mode for Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Newbiejunky said:
SoothSayerSaxon said:
Warband is unique in its absence of all the flame.

Naaaah

Well it's better than most :grin:

I know its all just a joke but people seam to be thinking making it anything like CS is a bad thing. Why when it's one of the most succsessful multiplayer games ever? :razz:

SoothSayerSaxon said:
I know its all just a joke but people seam to thinking making it anything like CS is a bad thing. Why when it's one of the most succsessful multiplayer games ever? :razz:
Because Mount & Blade isn't CS:GO.

Ranked mode would be cool, a mode that randomly put you in 8v8 as long as it only set up one map, so did 4 rounds each way then side swap like in competitive matches. However, I don't think a player ranking system which literally goes from say 1 - 100 would work. You see, giving a way to climb this through playing the ranked mode will not mean that the best player will be 1st, and the next best 2nd etc. It will mean that the most successful public 8v8 players will reach this. The people that play the mode the most will reach the highest ranks and not those that are actually the best. Perhaps an official TaleWorlds list that ranked competitive players accurately would be fine, however as it stands everyone has a different opinion of each player and they rank them according to how they think it should be - regardless, even if there was an official list made by TW, many would still not agree with it and would instead stick to their own opinions on skill.

Ultimately I'd like to see a public 8v8 mode that lasts for one map with 4 rounds each way then swap, as this would be a more accurate practice than just playing on IG as is now the case; however I would not like to see this mode used to rank players.

Froi said:
SoothSayerSaxon said:
I know its all just a joke but people seam to thinking making it anything like CS is a bad thing. Why when it's one of the most succsessful multiplayer games ever? :razz:

We are only talking about a ranking system here, its not like Im going to start AWPing off horseback. But I think the best system would be some sort of teir system maybe like LoL? But none of the promotionals and what not and LP.

We've already seen a replay system. Perfect for casting pro games after they happen, It's simply down to taleworlds managing to find a way to host ranked servers effectivly.

If for some odd reason a bunch of famous YouTubers drive up the popularity of Bannerlord multiplayer among CS:GO players, and multiplayer outshines single-player significantly, and people start wanting a ranking system...

This might be possible.

Something else to consider is that our social lives would be ruined forever and most of us would probably starve to death from lack of food.

Das Knecht said:
Rekking n00bs in Bonerlord is all the social life you need.
This.

Froi said:
SoothSayerSaxon said:

LoL, Dota, Starcraft and CS:Go are the most popular games ever. They are very different type of game but they are based on the same system of ranking. So why would it be a bad idea to take lessons from this?

If you want to gauge the success of Warband as a multiplayer game, that's a poor metric to use. What's needed is a statistic about the numbers of concurrent players in MP. Copies sold only increases the pool of possible active players. Warband is also in the top 30 daily most played games on Steam, clearly showing it remains somewhat popular, but most of those players are in SP.

MaHuD said:
Warband is the number 1 owned game on steam that is not free.  Seems successful enough to me.

Ofc the game is successfull, that's why we are playing it that much. That's also why we would like to give some idea that may improve it :smile:

There is no need for any ranking system. The community will make one by themselves if there is enough demand.
The demand for multiplayer warband is very low currently.
The reason for that are the faulty game mechanics and the unbalanced factions.
The game mechanics and balance may seem fine to anyone here and those still playing the game in multi. However, for the large majority of players the multiplayer experience of warband is anything but fine.

If you want to have more competition in mountain blade, the devs will have to fix the problems that stop the game from being popular.

Cepheiden said:
There is no need for any ranking system. The community will make one by themselves if there is enough demand.
The game mechanics and balance may seem fine to anyone here and those still playing the game in multi. However, for the large majority of players the multiplayer experience of warband is anything but fine.

If you want to have more competition in mountain blade, the devs will have to fix the problems that stop the game from being popular.

Do you even play warband LMAO

Shemaforash said:
Cepheiden said:

Do you even play warband LMAO
:lol:

trot888 said:
I'm thinking like. You click ranked match and then takes you into an 8v8 game with similar level, random maps and random factions. Best out of 16 rounds. Seems fun.

you can't be serious, how on earth is that supposed to work out ever? LoL or RocketLeauge struggle to get 6 decent players that dont go afk, crash, feed, ragequit, troll, suck etc. together- how do you think it'd work out with 16?

Back
Top Bottom