Ranked mode for Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was thinking of ways to make Bannerlord more competitive and I came up with the following:

1. Ranked Mode/Battle - Similar to the competitive games currently in Warband like an 8v8 system but actually built into the game, with statistics and ranks maybe?

Pros:
Give good players a reward in the form of ranks and a place on the leaderboard, perhaps working on a season by season basis so we could have a top player for a season.
Give worse players something to aim for and an actual physical progression.
Allows people to fight people of their own skill levels, no one getting stomped and giving everyone a challenge.
Might bring a more permanant basis for the newcomers that will arrive with bannerlord. Everyone from Warband is sure to stay but I'd hate for Bannerlord to go the way of chivalry.
Skill based clans become more relevant rather than who has the most members wins (mostly the case with NW Linebattles but all of the Warband communitys are going to be merging)
Esports? :grin:

Cons:
Will reduce the frequency of large battles. We are unlikely to see the 200 player servers anyway (I suspect due to the new engine ect but maybe I will be suprised) but this is making it for sure a 16 player game FOR RANKED. This could change but I cant see how you would be able to rank an individual as you can just stay with a group and get really hard carried.
Might create a toxic community, the warband community as it is, is very unique and small though very solid. You wont see much flame because it doesnt matter as Warband isnt ranked. However people have much more reason to do well in a ranked game and we might get LoL or CS sydrome. This is especialy relevant as Bannerlord will bring so many more people.

2. Ranked Mode/Duel - Giving some love to the duelists out there, simply a ranked duel mode.

Pros:
Another way to play the game competitively.
Lots of 2 player servers? Maybe peer to peer? Confusing logistical server hosting problems ect...
Pretty much the other points from above.

3. Clan intrgration - Already a huge part of Warband, would be nice to see it implemented as a feature and maybe have clan stats and the ability to challenge other clans aswell as some customisation like a custom banner.

Pros:
Shows the community a huge amount of love and makes organising things like events through the clan system alot easyer.

Cons:
There will be a tonne of 2 people clans that will fill an endless list. Perhaps have a requirement for creating like a charter that needs 8 people to begin.

This does not mean public servers would disappear. This is simply a way for people who want to play more regular to have something to fo all the time.

The future is now

wwkXF9P.png

The last thing this community needs is arbitrary numerical ratings for every player based on pubbing performance. In games that have comparable levels of teamwork & coordination, a player's individual rating isn't used for **** anyway. Top CSGO, LoL, Dota 2, etc. teams aren't just drafted from the highest ranked individuals in the game, and their members might not be the  highest rated according to the game's system, because your individual ranking isn't representative of your capabilities when playing with your team. They spend countless hours not just playing the game, but playing it together, and that's what makes them a team. If you're not playing with your team competitively then you're pubbing, and pubbing is meaningless. Putting numbers next to names just promotes elitism.

That being said, automated premade team matchmaking & ratings would be fun and meaningful. At a clan or team level, I would fully support some form of integrated matchmaking & rating system. For individuals it's just glorified pubbing IMO.

My suggestion: go back to cs go.
Why bannerlord should NOT have ranked stuffs/player statistics?
1. It will attract hackers more and more to get higher ranks
2. It will make people less cooperative (they will steal kills to get higher ranks)
3. It will be another way to annoy people. Annoying players will often make jokes about your rank (that is lower than theirs, that you are a noob because of your rank, etc)
4. People (community members) will often make their opinion about you based on your rank. (in case you think this is not true, look at any forum.. at first, you make your opinion on someone based on the numbers of their posts (basic psychology))

The_dragon said:
My suggestion: go back to cs go.
Why bannerlord should NOT have ranked stuffs/player statistics?
1. It will attract hackers more and more to get higher ranks
2. It will make people less cooperative (they will steal kills to get higher ranks)
3. It will be another way to annoy people. Annoying players will often make jokes about your rank (that is lower than theirs, that you are a noob because of your rank, etc)
4. People (community members) will often make their opinion about you based on your rank. (in case you think this is not true, look at any forum.. at first, you make your opinion on someone based on the numbers of their posts (basic psychology))

I think it would be a very good thing to have a ranked mode in bannerlord for all the people want to play competitive.
If you don't want to play competitive then you'll just have to play casual games.
That's why bannerlord should have a competitive mode based on rank and a casual one, so everyone is happy :wink:

Froi said:
So Mount & Strike: Bannerlord Offensive?

Yes please!

Besides, they won't do this  anyway. Might as well save your time and dont bother talking about. If you really want, you could always try to mod it in.

Pretty sure it'll have matchmaking for a competitive mode, rankings would be good so new players don't end up paired with guys with 4000 hours from Warband but not sure how feasible it is for a relatively small game. Then again if they do it right it won't be that small. Fingers crossed!

OurGloriousLeader said:
Pretty sure it'll have matchmaking for a competitive mode, rankings would be good so new players don't end up paired with guys with 4000 hours from Warband but not sure how feasible it is for a relatively small game. Then again if they do it right it won't be that small. Fingers crossed!
You know what is small?

OurGloriousLeader said:

YEH AND WHAT ABOUT MY OTHER KEYS? I START WITH NUBLETS AGAIN XD

Newbiejunky said:
I think it would be a very good thing to have a ranked mode in bannerlord for all the people want to play competitive.
If you don't want to play competitive then you'll just have to play casual games.
That's why bannerlord should have a competitive mode based on rank and a casual one, so everyone is happy :wink:
Aside from dueling, competitive play is team-based. If a team wants to pub together then they'll just go to unranked pubs. That is, unless you want groups to be able to enter regular matchmaking in your special ranked pub games, in which case ranking becomes an even more meaningless metric as a team of randoms could be placed against a team that's stacked by a clan. We all know how those tend to work out. :roll:

Rankings for duels? Cool. In duels, one player is the team. Failure/success is entirely up to them, so meaningful metrics can be made.

Rankings for clans/premade teams? Great. We had better get quite a few more teams, though, or it's going to be very unsaturated.

Rankings for individuals in "special" pub games? No, thanks. It's completely meaningless to try and value a player based on pub performance. Is this not what goes through our minds when someone posts their scoreboard screenshots from pub games?

Why is that meaningless? Dota has dis matchmaking system and it's alright. Stacked players can be separated from solo by creating solo matchmaking and group.

Lol. Real pros will have the different rank from casual randoms, obviously. So they won't play with pros. Have you ever played those games?

Orion said:
You ever notice a difference between pro teams and random matchmaking teams in those games?

You mean the difference that pro teams never stack ranked because they'd rather play scrims versus real teams? I actually still don't see the issue even if they have 95% winrate in ranked team.

Back
Top Bottom