Ranked fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Leaving in warmup
-minus 20 Elo penalty (to avoid strategic dodging for advantage)
-5 minute cooldown
-> match ends instantly

Leaving during match
-minus 20 Elo penalty (to avoid strategic leaving for advantage)
-counts as loss
-5 minute cooldown
->match will be played till the end and has to give full elo change for everyone (to avoid strategic leaving to minimize elo change for friends/enemys)
bEiJMQX.png

Stacking must be restricted
Example:
ytUO0sE.png

Surrender option
-100% acceptance only

The idea is good when ranking is only for prestige. As soon as it is used for matchmaking, this wouldnt work. You would basically punish elite players for solo queue and reward them with even easier opponents when they stack.

At this point they should revert this ranked update this is a hot mess.
Can't believe we lost our 1-2 year badges progress for this, all the people reaching for a certain goal gone, just like that

Agree with all, with small differences:
* create a separate ranking for each queue, since the queues are already separate
* make "leaving game penalty" more dissuasive : minus 1 rank + 30 min without launching possibility

Additions suggested:
- add rank points decay (force upper ranks to play regularly to keep their rank, see the LoL decay system if not inspired)
- take overall account stats (including siege/TDM...) into account for placement (eg less than 1 K/D ratio = silver 3 max)
- make tiers exactly the same in each team (if there is a sergeant in a team, there has to be one in the other) and strictly compensate different ranks within a tier between teams (eg if there are 2 gold2 in a team, there should be either the same or 1 gold1 + 1 gold3 as equivalent in the other team)
- no leaving during warmup allowed : same penalty as leaving during game
- balance scoreboard (particularly if at some point you want to take score into account for points gained/loss at end of game): take damage dealt without speed bonus as score (to prevent cavs from topscoring at same level of skills), or take damage dealt divided by half as score when mounted. Find another similar way to diminish score by archers (projectile damage without speed? Dont really know how it works)
You should do this and take scoreboard into account for points gained at some point, otherwise you will end up with mostly cavs in top top ranks, because it's easier to carry games as cavs. If you let things as they are, high ranked matches will be "off meta" and weird to play, eg 4 cavs vs 4 cavs.
Also, if you take scoreboard into account, matches will naturally turn into "kill race" (we have already experienced it in pickups). To prevent this, you should also introduce extra points gained on specific actions (like extra points for assists, extra points for hitting multiple targets in a round, extra points for blocking and parrying, put back 100% points for hitting horses, extra points for gold left at end of round, extra points for caputuring/contesting points, extra points for killing an opposite MVP or topscorer... and many other things that make a strong skirmish player compared to a strong duellist)
- force choosing a class when queue (can chose multiple classes : inf / arc / cav, all three slected by default) : matchmaking tries to balance classes in each team (if 4 cavs in queue, 2 in each team).
This to balance matches (at same skills, 2 cavs vs 0 cavs is a game changer).
- balance factions : this one is tricky. The way around is to have a "match" be played on both sides (2 sets match in ranked).

Whatever the way, plz avoid us having to find 20 games with leavers to finally be able to play one.
Public skirmish is ruined right now.
Can't believe we lost our 1-2 year badges progress for this, all the people reaching for a certain goal gone, just like that
So true.

Kwen.

Last edited:
make one solo/duo and one 3+ (or only make one ranked gamemode as game is dead anyway lol)
What is the point in a ranked gamemode when there are only like 2 games at the same time at most anyway?
Even this wont fix the issue since theres no penalty for dodging. People will just leave the queue until they end up with their partners to get easy games.

TaleWorlds wants me to win 300+ games in a row with zero losses to get Conqueror.

Meanwhile rank #1 in captain has played 4 games.

This is not how ELO is supposed to work.

This rating system assumes that the better I play, the more inadequate noobs and aggressive trolls will get into my team, right?
How about I want to rather enjoy the game than get frustrated using it?
How about the fact that normal multiplayer, by definition, involves interaction based on the ability to choose friends as teammates?
...And of course, I will absolutely not give a damn about what will happen to my rating.
The amount of dopamine received during an interesting game interaction is anyway more than from the perception of one's own ephemeral greatness (I say this as a player who, before resetting statistics, was 2k kills short of getting the "500k kills" badge in captain mode).

Last edited:
Force everything into solo/duo and punish warmup leavers. I LOVE BANNERLORD!
We either have to remove warmup leaving or ranked mode itself. It simply cannot work combined. Alternatively all Player names must be censored in warmup... but im sure a certain clan would start reading out the serverfiles to encrypt the names. And then strategically avoid challenging opponents.

We either have to remove warmup leaving or ranked mode itself. It simply cannot work combined. Alternatively all Player names must be censored in warmup... but im sure a certain clan would start reading out the serverfiles to encrypt the names. And then strategically avoid challenging opponents.

pERlOL5.png

I just want to play.

How to fix:

1) Ranking points are only given to ppl in solo queues
2) You can still stack, but no points given
3) solo queuers gain a bonus on ranked points when enemy team has more/bigger stacks than own team
4) reset the current ranking to punish dodgers

3) solo queuers gain a bonus on ranked points when enemy team has more/bigger stacks than own team
example: enemy full stack doubles their elo (for calculating only), 5 stack 2*5/6 for each stack member and so on.

i've now gone through two games that ended at the end of warmp because someone left - please fix this as it's a huge waste of the users time

Back
Top Bottom