Rank beginner, combat movement trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

Potker

Recruit
Just starting out. In combat I cannot turn left or right without moving my mouse a foot making it impossible to circle my opponent while fighting.
How do you make tight turns?

If on a horse, treat the w key like a car accelerator. If you want to coast for a while, you can by taking your finger off the w key. If you want to turn sharply, again, take your finger off the w as you turn and maybe even press and hold the s to decelerate as you turn.

It's all muscle memory that will come with time.

Don't even start me on learning not to spam the sword thrusts.

press w+d or w+a and such to turn and move. Are you on your horse? More info might help on why you're having trouble.
Thank you! Those commands just move my character forward to the right or left but does not turn. Just trying to get through the tutorial sword combat on foot. I just can't seem to turn. I tried mouse adjustments with no luck.

Thank you! Those commands just move my character forward to the right or left but does not turn. Just trying to get through the tutorial sword combat on foot. I just can't seem to turn. I tried mouse adjustments with no luck.
You'll go forward in the direction you're facing. You can move your mouse to rotate your view.

Maybe in the tutorial some commands are locked at first.

@Potker it sounds like your mouse sensitivity is really low go into the options menu under settings mouse sensitivity should be the top, just play around with it till it gets to your liking. I hope this helps.

Edit: I just saw you said you played with the mouse settings. If so then you can try to make adjustments to the actual mouse.

Back
Top Bottom